Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a YouTube link, from Queensland Police News, with views inside the property that we haven’t seen before:-

I wonder if they're trying to flush him out and seeing if he tries to contact any of these women who might know something.
Ie could they be tracking his phone.

Still innocent til proven guilty though.
The phone, house, car etc would've been tracked since the very early days wouldn't it? But yes 100% agree with you!

Men who would rather cheat, lie, manipulate and murder rather than get a divorce make me beyond angry.

Weak as can be.

Fingers crossed this investigation is top notch, sounds like it already is and this man, if proven guilty of murder will end up exactly where he should

IMO

Presser here , 3 min 8 secs, think it's cut off

I think it's paywalled

I wish they wouldn't cut off the reporters questions (and the answers) at the end. That is where I heard some info ... even though the live recording still cut off too soon.

imo

Even though LE is still asking for people to come forward with info, they did say this (which is heartening, imo):
Detectives can confirm a number of people have provided information since our last public appeal and thank those people for their bravery in coming forward.

Here is a YouTube link, from Queensland Police News, with views inside the property that we haven’t seen before:-

What a gorgeous house & property. And what a shame that we're seeing it because of a suspicious death.

"We believe there are women who were involved in relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Frances that will assist with this investigation," he said.“

I wonder what this statement could mean? Women having information about Frances…. What has her husband told these women?
I'd want to hear from these women all right, but not exactly "about Frances". How has the husband behaved in these relationships, eg controlling, threatening?

It is a shame, in the presser, that the police couldn't name him.

Especially because they are requesting information from anyone in his walk of life. What if there are people out there who do not know that Frances Elizabeth Crawford was his wife or that he was "known to her", or that he lived in Upper Lockyer and was the one who "found Frances deceased".

ETA: Oh wait, I just remembered that he was named at one point in the presser .... hope no-one missed that part.

“We are particularly interested in speaking with people who knew of Frances or Robert Crawford and their personal circumstances, including their marriage,” he said.

I wonder if this was an example of how desperate he was to get to one of his females in Afghanistan (is loosely referred to as the Middle East)

Officer charged over Mid-East posting and bonus​

November 2012

“A senior Air Force officer allegedly manipulated regulations to get a Middle East posting and earn a tax-free bonus, a court has heard.

Robert John Crawford, 35, was not in Adelaide Magistrates Court as it dealt with a charge of abuse of public office.

The court was told Crawford wanted to subpoena classified documents to prove he had a good reason to be deployed at the relevant time.

Editor's note (9/12/2013): Prosecutors later dropped all charges against Robert John Crawford.“

I wonder if this was an example of how desperate he was to get to one of his females in Afghanistan (is loosely referred to as the Middle East)

Officer charged over Mid-East posting and bonus​

November 2012

“A senior Air Force officer allegedly manipulated regulations to get a Middle East posting and earn a tax-free bonus, a court has heard.

Robert John Crawford, 35, was not in Adelaide Magistrates Court as it dealt with a charge of abuse of public office.

The court was told Crawford wanted to subpoena classified documents to prove he had a good reason to be deployed at the relevant time.

Editor's note (9/12/2013): Prosecutors later dropped all charges against Robert John Crawford.“

Not of any relevance really, but I recall that in the presser Adelaide/South Australia wasn't mentioned in his pursuit of other women.

And has nothing to do with your post, but just made me think again "no South Australian women". Or Tassy women. But every other Aussie state was mentioned. IIRC

Such a philandering philanderer.

imo

Last edited:
Seeing that image of the Husqvarna riding mower brought these thoughts. Maybe some have already been asked and answered?

Is it clear whether FC and / or RC customarily mowed the lawn?

I hope that mower has been gone over exhaustively for DNA and any forensic evidence possible? (Who had used it last…… etc?)

And with a mind set to the answers to the first question.

I recall an image of that mower IIRC some months back, being transported on an open flat bed / roll back truck. Uncovered. Uncovered! (Frankly was amazed it wasn’t more secured or covered to help preserve anything that might have been present.)

Just maybe, luckily, if unfortunately there was foul play….. as it seems to now be the case….. perhaps someone left some evidence or trace evidence that will aid this case. MOO

View attachment 535213

I'm guessing where I have marked is where poor Frances was found?, much closer to the house than i expected

Yes, I think you are probably right. I notice that the police (in your attached video) are standing on the grass at the edge of the patio. Looking out that way.

Seems that the retaining wall is not so much an upright wall surrounding the property, but a wall that cannot be seen from the house, but supports the ground that the house is built on. Maybe the scene was set to imply that Frances was mowing and she accidently rolled off the edge of the grass, down the retaining wall, and died there?

Circled in red, is where the police are standing in the video
b.jpeg

Screenshot of police in your linked video
a.jpg

imo

Last edited:

If RC traveled a lot for his ADF job, my guess is FC did a lot of the mowing (unless their kids or hired help did). Military spouses often have to take care of all or most home-related things because the military member just isn't home enough to do so. (Imo only & ime.)

Seeing that image of the Husqvarna riding mower brought these thoughts. Maybe some have already been asked and answered?

I hope that mower has been gone over exhaustively for DNA and any forensic evidence possible? (Who had used it last…… etc?)

And with a mind set to the answers to the first question.

I recall an image of that mower IIRC some months back, being transported on an open flat bed / roll back truck. Uncovered. Uncovered! (Frankly was amazed it wasn’t more secured or covered to help preserve anything that might have been present.)

Just maybe, luckily, if unfortunately there was foul play….. as it seems to now be the case….. perhaps someone left some evidence or trace evidence that will aid this case. MOO
Definitely a worrisome way of transporting evidence! I posted that picture of the mower on the trailer back then, and pointed out how any hair or skin tissue, etc, would be lost in the breeze, being transported with such neglect. I posted it because I was shocked.

4th August 2024

1728012117010.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!