Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If RC traveled a lot for his ADF job, my guess is FC did a lot of the mowing (unless their kids or hired help did). Military spouses often have to take care of all or most home-related things because the military member just isn't home enough to do so. (Imo only & ime.)
Yes @vls12345 …. was thinking similar too. So will be interested in what comes back. And if that is the case, maybe some evidence will help with answers. (Seems a fingers crossed emoji might help.)

And as we and @Marg944 agree here of late - simply astounding how that item was moved. And not in an enclosed or secure vehicle. And wide out in the open. Uncovered. SMH. Hopefully something useful survived that transport and will help. Wonder what would have been done if it rained. And also have to wonder what was done with the individual(s) that gave approval for that transport of it. Seems protocol and methods need serious examination and update or change IMO. MOO

Yes @vls12345 …. was thinking similar too. So will be interested in what comes back. And if that is the case, maybe some evidence will help with answers. (Seems a fingers crossed emoji might help.)

And as we and @Marg944 agree here of late - simply astounding how that item was moved. And not in an enclosed or secure vehicle. And wide out in the open. Uncovered. SMH. Hopefully something useful survived that transport and will help. Wonder what would have been done if it rained. And also have to wonder what was done with the individual(s) that gave approval for that transport of it. Seems protocol and methods need serious examination and update or change IMO. MOO
Wouldn't they have done forensics on the mower before moving it?

Maybe the mower was swabbed, fingerprinted, and photographed extensively before it was moved. And it was merely taken as proof of crime.

I don't believe they cover people's vehicles on tow trucks when they impound them due to crime.

Maybe the mower was swabbed, fingerprinted, and photographed extensively before it was moved. And it was merely taken as proof of crime.

I don't believe they cover people's vehicles on tow trucks when they impound them due to crime.
But I think at the time, the mower was considered to be the instrument involved in her death….. loosely put….

Wouldn't they have done forensics on the mower before moving it?
Unfortunately I don’t have any idea of what had been done. But since this item was moved as described, surely hope something was conducted. Hopefully it will become more apparent in future days and shared evidence.

As to what might have been done (or not done), IMO that could depend on how long there was to conduct any forensic analysis. And under what conditions. Including whether the victim and scene was discovered when there was light or at dark or less than ideal. I envision that field test capabilities might be reduced in scope or utility for certain tests? And in particular when compared with forensic capabilities in a controlled environment or laboratory.

Until there is further clarification on what analysis or studies were done, what methods used and where done, I still contend the item should have been in either an enclosed vehicle or covered.

I am not in Australia, rather the US. Unfortunately there are cases where something was not initially thought a crime or foul play, and mistakes were made in securing critical initial pieces of evidence and securing a scene. The still unsolved Jon Benet Ramsey case is an example where that appears to have occurred.

I attempted to locate some forensic and evidence collection and preservation techniques and protocols. Specifically in cases where an item needed to be transported or moved. But had limited success. And I don’t have access to any departmental or confidential procedures. This US Department of Justice (DOJ) online guidance document entitled ‘Necessary Precautions for the Preservation of Evidence’ speaks to some collection needs:

This DOJ online guidance is entitled ‘Treasure Trove of Evidence: Processing a Vehicle for the Forensic Evidence Within’:

MOO

‘Murder’ home being rented as ‘peaceful’ Airbnb holiday retreat​

“A Lockyer Valley property where police believe a mum of three was murdered is being rented as a holiday retreat by her husband who police believe had lovers all over the world.”

Article is paywalled.

Talk about life just goes on for him I guess, his wife's death a blip on his radar :mad:

The house is completely off-grid. We have recently installed a new BYD battery that is amazing, but to conserve battery power we ask guests to switch to ceiling fans and turn off aircon after sunset.

We also normally use the oven in daylight hours, and use the bbq at night. BBQ is large and has a hood, and can be used as an oven too :)

A backup generator will kick-in automatically if needed when battery is low.

BBM : Who is we??

About Rob​

Born in the 70s

Most useless skill: juggling

Fun fact: Amateur beekeeper

Speaks English

What makes my home unique: you feel close to nature

I'm obsessed with: music and art
Hi there, our house a short drive to Toowoomba, and beautifully positioned to relax and enjoy the peace and serenity of nature.If you need more rooms we can accommodate :)

‘Murder’ home being rented as ‘peaceful’ Airbnb holiday retreat​

“A Lockyer Valley property where police believe a mum of three was murdered is being rented as a holiday retreat by her husband who police believe had lovers all over the world.”

Being rented for $350.00 per night!

Article is paywalled.

I notice that there are bushes edging the back lawn, between the lawn and the bushland, where the retaining wall is .... EXCEPT in the portion where the police were looking out from the back patio. (from photo in article)

He also has 2 AirBnB listings for other properties. One for a couple and one for a single. (from article)
They must own more properties around the place.

You can see the bushes from a different angle in this photo from @drsleuth's Air BnB link.

a.jpg

It is a lovely property. imo

Last edited:
On his Airbnb site, there is a page that implies Rob’s knowledge…. with a host of topics listed:-

ASK ROB

1728019046607.jpeg

The one topic that has been missed is his expertise on dating sites.

And in the features of the property…. of course it would have WiFi!

IMO

His take home pay would be about $125.000.00..... hers, around $110.000.00 AU dollars... He must have thought he could cut the income by half and still be ahead......

Sherele Moody's site has Frances down as the 63rd woman murdered this year , in AU.... ... I once predicted it would be 70 by Christmas, I may have been optimistic... :mad: :mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back