Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JMO but they always think they can get away with it. That they're smarter than the cops, and everyone else. That nobody is going to care that much about the wife, they'll just accept the cover story and move on. The hubris is what gets them. IMO

Doing away with your spouse (usually wife) because s/he has become an inconvenience to your wannabe lothario lifestyle - plus not wanting the hassle or expense of a divorce - has got to be the most pathetic cause of murder I can personally imagine. Pro tips for any weak man thinking of this as a plan: you're not smarter than the cops, you do leave a trace, people do care about your wife, you will end up in jail. Man up and get a divorce and suffer the consequence of your own choice not to want to be married anymore. JMO

I still can’t understand how the Police will gain information from the women that Mr Crawford has had relationships with.

It would be heresay anyway….gossip.

We believe there were women who were involved in relationships with Mr Crawford who may have information about Mrs Crawford that will assist with this investigation,” Superintendent Marchesini said.“

Thanks to technology, it won't be hearsay. There'll be proof of his use on dating apps, messaging apps etc. Sometimes I'm quite grateful for technology and the digital trails it leaves!

I want to know where he is living. Not the address obviously. But is he sipping cocktails on a balcony on a Surfers Paradise high rise, is he living with another woman, is he living with a bereaved child, is he confined to barracks, is he still flying overseas missions ....
I am not sure about it, but I don't think an officer can be confined to barracks, he /she can volunteer to remain on the base, anything up to a Sergeant can be confined .. , but after that..... I think that's how it goes in the ADF .... something to do with honour and whatnot, or the facade of it, at least... it would surprise me greatly if the Military Police are not up to their hocks in this as well as QLDPOL.

And like all bureaucracy orgs, there would be territorial struggles between those two Orgs.. the police would want him down at the station , 'helping' with their enquiries, and the ADF would want him down in their basement , silent, invisible, not talking to anyone about anything. They would want it to all go away.

Surely he would not be granted permission to fly on a O/S mission, .. how short on SQ.L's are we?, that he cannot be replaced? but .... would it be surprising?? noooooooooo.

I’d imagine most of his conquests will feel compromised and will want to retreat from any attention. But maybe one or two will be horrified/angry enough to come forward like Amber Frey did. Hearsay can be gold in where it leads.

The wording around the air bnb description is so jaunty and carefree. “Renaissance Man Just Livin’ the Dream.” Interesting.
Somehow I don't think he'll be livin' the dream for much longer - more like a nightmare, hopefully.

I’d imagine most of his conquests will feel compromised and will want to retreat from any attention. But maybe one or two will be horrified/angry enough to come forward like Amber Frey did. Hearsay can be gold in where it leads.

The wording around the air bnb description is so jaunty and carefree. “Renaissance Man Just Livin’ the Dream.” Interesting.
Incrediblly, he seems to have completely wiped from his mind the fact that his wife, , his wife of 30 years, partner in his business ventures, stronghold of the family while he flits about on AU RAAF business, significant woman in her own right, died in horrible circumstances only weeks ago on that same 'paradise'.. her body mutilated by a motor mower!!. ... not a mention!.. doesn't bother him AT ALL.

I think he wanted strangers, outside people to tread all over that property, stamp all over it,, wipe out all past life there... what, terror , murder, horror, here? oh hell no, this is now a money making proposition. !

'Within weeks of her death, Ms Crawford's belongings were removed from the home and Mr Crawford listed it for rent on Airbnb, describing it as a luxury retreat.

The listing reads: "Beautiful luxury house in secluded bush outlook. No expense spared. It's simply bush paradise and you will feel the stress melt away."

Real Estate as a motive for murder. Mr. Crawford moved fast, out with the Chesterfield, off to the tip with the wife's clothes and baggage, up with the BNB advertisement. And then sit back and 'feel the stress melt away' !!! perfect.

From your linked article ...

Ms Crawford .... was laid to rest at a moving funeral service on August 9.
Ms Crawford's family and her children are desperate for answers ...
The couple's three children had all moved out and were making their own way in the world.

I am not imagining that he has very much family support at this time. imo

In many cases, the children, even as adults are still supportive of the parent who is under suspicion.

This may or may not be the case here but now that things have progressed I guess we'll have to wait and see what support he may or may not have from family, or friends.

In many cases, the children, even as adults are still supportive of the parent who is under suspicion.

This may or may not be the case here but now that things have progressed I guess we'll have to wait and see what support he may or may not have from family, or friends.

Yes, not that it matters so much toward case resolution. Unless they knowingly withhold vital information.

I just got the impression from the 'desperation' that they feel for answers (along with the new revelations) that they are wanting the suspected killer of their mother revealed.
Could be though that they (or some of them) think the killer had to have been someone else, other than their father/son/brother/uncle.

One would think that they are all (now, if not before) aware of the prior domestic violence allegations and possible AVO.
Unlike Sarah Ristevski who stated that her father was never violent toward her mother - yet there he is, sitting in prison for killing her mother.

imo

Last edited:

Reason for timing of husband’s call reporting death of Queensland psychologist Frances Crawford remains unexplained​

“A key detail has led police to believe Queensland woman Frances Crawford was murdered.

The reason a man called emergency services about his wife’s fatal injuries — initially reported as being inflicted in a lawn mower incident on their Queensland property — at three o’clock in the morning has not been explained.

Marchesini admitted the timing of the emergency call contributed to police deeming her death as suspicious, but would not be drawn on questions about the suspected sequence of events during the night she died.

“At that point in time, it was believed it was a suspicious death.

“As we’ve gone down that track, we’re now alleging she was murdered.”

Listing for Lockyer Valley mower death home pulled from Airbnb​

“A Lockyer Valley property where police believe a mum of three was murdered is being rented as a “peaceful” holiday retreat by her husband who police believe had lovers all over the world.“

Paywalled.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-qld/murder-home-being-rented-as-peaceful-airbnb-holiday-retreat/news-story/
Obviously he didn’t like the publicity!
Now this article is Page Not Found.

Curiouser and Curiouser

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members