Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His take home pay would be about $125.000.00..... hers, around $110.000.00 AU dollars... He must have thought he could cut the income by half and still be ahead......

Sherele Moody's site has Frances down as the 63rd woman murdered this year , in AU.... ... I once predicted it would be 70 by Christmas, I may have been optimistic... :mad: :mad::mad:

If she was doing psychologist reports for the courts her income would be a lot higher.

Well, at least we now know that he did see Frances alive sometime that evening. He did not just come home to a wife who had become deceased when mowing the lawn sometime earlier that day. Frances was alive in the evening.

“I’ve outlined Mr Crawford has assisted police with their inquiries and, to this date, we believe he’s the last person who had probably seen her alive that evening.
“That’s the information we have at the moment.”

(from your link)

I suppose it's possible that it happened like this - they maybe had dinner together, or at least saw each other, then he went out. Maybe they had argued. Either he stormed off, or went to the pub, or was meeting some mates, whatever. It was still light, so she decided to mow the lawn. There was an accident and she died. When he returned, there was nothing to hear (I believe ride-ons' engines stop when they roll), and nothing to see (it was now dark, and anyway Frances and the mower were both on the downhill side of the wall.) It was late, and he assumed she had gone to bed. He did whatever, maybe watched some TV. That might take an hour or two. Then he went to bed, and noticed that she wasn't there. If they had argued before, he might have assumed that she was sleeping in another room, or even had left him. So maybe after a while he started looking for her, all through the house, then in the garage where her vehicle still was. Then started looking around the property, and finally found her. And by this time it was after 3am. Fairly believable - BUT why haven't we heard this explanation?

I suppose it's possible that it happened like this - they maybe had dinner together, or at least saw each other, then he went out. Maybe they had argued. Either he stormed off, or went to the pub, or was meeting some mates, whatever. It was still light, so she decided to mow the lawn. There was an accident and she died. When he returned, there was nothing to hear (I believe ride-ons' engines stop when they roll), and nothing to see (it was now dark, and anyway Frances and the mower were both on the downhill side of the wall.) It was late, and he assumed she had gone to bed. He did whatever, maybe watched some TV. That might take an hour or two. Then he went to bed, and noticed that she wasn't there. If they had argued before, he might have assumed that she was sleeping in another room, or even had left him. So maybe after a while he started looking for her, all through the house, then in the garage where her vehicle still was. Then started looking around the property, and finally found her. And by this time it was after 3am. Fairly believable - BUT why haven't we heard this explanation?

I guess it depends on what time they call "the evening". Sunset in Upper Lockyer on 29th July was at 5:22pm (Frances was reported deceased at 3:37am on 30th July IIRC).

a.jpg
Link

They have jogged along for, what... 25 years?? He' says in his promotion of himself, he likes juggling, and he's been juggling women all over the world, and , as anyone could have foreseen , one of those women may have taken matters into her own hand, taken him really seriously.

Suddenly, one night, some catalyst provokes a catastrophe. what was it? some horrid letter from the Au Tax Office? some dreadful long overdue bill from the local council? or maybe, he got a phone call at work that day, one of his 'relationships' was landing in Townsville that tomorrow afternoon, all ready for the civil ceremony with him, she's flying in from Guam, ( a US female Navy nurse at Hagåtña, who he's been fooling about with, via tiktok for months, among so many others ) ... he panics, he leaves work, and rushes home to find that Frances has had a call from the same woman, wanting to know if 'the staff' at 'his ' place can get the grounds ready for her and Rob's matrimonials... . ....

Well.. , in this scenario, things go south very quickly.. Frances lays out for him what he stands to lose, ( 1/2 the property, 1/2 his superannuation, 1/2 his insurance, 1/2 his stocks and shares etc , it's all too much ) he kills Frances, tries to disguise the murder with the motor mower, making it out to be an unfortunate domestic accident....

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back