Australia - Frances Crawford 49, found dead after suspicious lawn mower accident in Queensland.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think what was probably meant is that the property had been booked out til the third of January next year and that the the next bookings are after that date.
I wonder if it was already being run as a AirB&B. Sounded like it had some different ‘accomodation’ types, and pics suggest a substantial dwelling.
Just wondering if they may’ve been separated, in which case Frances might have lived in a smaller abode, or even stayed in Toowoomba when working.

Hopefully Frances’ real family hold off in the making of her headstone…. and question using the usual wording of “beloved wife”….. :(
I would tend to agree Marg, and I feel for the children. Even as adults, it’s not easy knowing your father is dirtbag. …( do we know for a fact that they had a long term marriage ?)

I’m really confused by the report that said police have done all these tests but they can’t determine how she happened to be at the bottom of the retaining wall (https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/news/crime-news/2024/10/04/frances-crawford-lawnmower-lockyer)
The lawn mower was apparently not on top of her. Quite feasible that it went one way & her the other; quite feasible for husband to lift it off - but I would suspect if it landed on her at any stage forensics would detect the telltale signs.

Just bolded for myself. . Ok, its not that they don’t know injuries etc that led to her death, they don’t know how she got in the position to sustain those injuries. Seems the 3.00am use of lawnmower has puzzled investigators as well as us!

I suggest that it happened much earlier - though she was at work that afternoon. Maybe she came home from work, found him there unexpectedly, possibly had told him she was filing for divorce, big argument followed.
I’ll also just suggest that in his employment position, he would know how to do certain things, imo.

However, I guess as sticky as it seems for Lt R Crawford, we must be aware that he has not been arrested or charged with anything, not even named as a suspect.

They have jogged along for, what... 25 years?? He' says in his promotion of himself, he likes juggling, and he's been juggling women all over the world, and , as anyone could have foreseen , one of those women may have taken matters into her own hand, taken him really seriously.

Suddenly, one night, some catalyst provokes a catastrophe. what was it? some horrid letter from the Au Tax Office? some dreadful long overdue bill from the local council? or maybe, he got a phone call at work that day, one of his 'relationships' was landing in Townsville that tomorrow afternoon, all ready for the civil ceremony with him, she's flying in from Guam, ( a US female Navy nurse at Hagåtña, who he's been fooling about with, via tiktok for months, among so many others ) ... he panics, he leaves work, and rushes home to find that Frances has had a call from the same woman, wanting to know if 'the staff' at 'his ' place can get the grounds ready for her and Rob's matrimonials... . ....

Well.. , in this scenario, things go south very quickly.. Frances lays out for him what he stands to lose, ( 1/2 the property, 1/2 his superannuation, 1/2 his insurance, 1/2 his stocks and shares etc , it's all too much ) he kills Frances, tries to disguise the murder with the motor mower, making it out to be an unfortunate domestic accident....
Honestly Trooper, you should write novels. If this wasn’t such a sad & serious situation I would’ve been laughing my …. off at your description of events.

But I do think quite possibly the divorce was already on the table - 12 months gone by since the previous July DV police incident - and I’m sure he was well aware of all he stood to lose

From a news article back on 1st August, 2024:-

Mr Crawford is a RAAF cargo plane pilot and Squadron Leader - a senior role and the equivalent of a Major in the Army - who operates out of the Royal Australian Air Force base at Amberley, about 8km southwest of Ipswich.

Over the past two decades, the couple have lived around Australia - including in Sydney, Adelaide and in Queensland - as Sqn Ldr Crawford worked numerous roles within Australian Defence Force
.”
Thanks for refreshing my memory of the length of their relationship….. I thought I saw substantiation but then couldn’t locate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BecStar
Back