Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For a dealer to travel up to the Blue Mountains to meet with a customer would indicate a well established relationship. Gary Tweddle's arrangement with his regular dealer to buy "...2.5 grams of cocaine in five small resealable plastic bags..." In the eyes of the law this would put him in jail for 5 years.

Buying for your friends is treated as drug-dealing in Australia.

Good Point about the relationship MM -
I wonder if the quantity is correct - there was 'no Gary' to substantiate any of details. He hadn't been found yet.

There's so much more to this story, I think.

Source He tried to meet Tweddle sometime between 10pm on July 15 and 2am on July 16 but the pair lost contact. They never met.

So, the accused drug dealer is saying they never met?
He drove from Sydney to the Blue Mountains and decided to go home?
The time gap is huge for a meet-up... 10pm-2.00am
Im not convinced.

No wonder Gary was trying to flag down a car - he got the wrong car by the sounds of things.

One article stated that Gary was identified by his wallet.
I wonder if he was carrying cash - I cant see how a deal would go through without an exchange of money - so was the money still in Gary's wallet?

If the two did not meet, where were the drugs, it doesn't mean Gary didn't get them - they could have been left somewhere.
- but it doesn't explain why Gary was in the bush - running and jumping...

The amazing thing is that he was granted bail. :banghead:

Strategic Bail?

Gary's body being found after *Christopher Thomas Pambos had gone to court hopefully would shed some light on what happened. And because of it, Gary would have been examined more thoroughly forensically. They did keep Gary for a long time after he was found for an autopsy.

Makes a bit more sense why they broke the story about the involvement with drugs in Gary's case 3 weeks after he vanished. Thomas Pambos was arrested 2 weeks after Gary disappeared.

Mr Tweddle's body had yet to be found when Mr Pambos first appeared before Burwood Local Court on August 23.

5 bags 4 colleagues huddled around phone, more to come, I agree

cocaine is an energizing, speed you up, kinda drug. It fits with his behavior that evening. But since he was unsteady and seemed wasted --re cabbies discription-- does not sound like he had used any coke early evening, cause you can drink gallons and not feel or act drunk. The running and jumping later in evening, sound like he might be coked up. jmo

I'm pretty stumped on that too SouthAussie.

One site I was reading said that scent trails disappear if someone goes on a pavement or road. I assume pavements are same as roads for scent trails. Various sites have various views on the conditions under which scent survives.

eg.

"Wind can disperse scent great distances, minimizing a scent trail and making trailing difficult. In a case where a lost person walked down a sidewalk four days prior to a trailing dog starting to search, the trailing dog might very well work by dipping down into the driveways, up to front porches of homes rather than the spot where the person walked on the sidewalk four days before. If there is grass directly next to the sidewalk, then the trailing dog might work on the grass. The chances of any scent remaining directly on the pavement of the sidewalk are slim after a four-day period. But the chance of scent surviving by clinging to the moisture provided on the grass and in the shady areas is very likely. Scent needs moisture to survive which rain provides. Rain does not make scent mysteriously disappear. Rain will not destroy scent, but a heavy downpour on pavement can disperse it, making it difficult to follow a trail. In those cases, the scent will cling in gutters and puddles instead of being dispersed along a consistent path like a sidewalk."

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/petdetective-scent.php

If it was Gary on Watkins Rd, perhaps the SAR dogs weren't on the job on Watkin's Rd in time to pick up scent and missed it on the grass around Watkins Rd, and also didn't pick up scent fast enough on Sublime Pt Rd if he then walked on that road.

This is a puzzle. I've asked the opinion of someone who might well have some very useful opinions about the dogs, based on extensive experience. I am hoping they can drop in and maybe help shed some light on this.

This is such a sad case, where the lack of timely information from several important sources close to the case, has been very detrimental, I think.

I hope they release more information. There is definitely more to this. I too immediately thought that there was an established relationship since his dealer was travelling to meet him.

Does anyone know how much 2.5grams would be worth?

I can't imagine a dealer driving to the Mountains, and willing to supply this amount on credit, even to a regular client.

Quote ( The price for a gram of cocaine in Australia in 2010–11 ranged between $250 and $500. New South Wales continued to report a per gram price range of between $250 and $400. The price per gram in Victoria increased from $300 in 2009–10 to $450 in 2010–11 and the price in Queensland increased from between $300 and $350 in 2009–10 to between $450 and $500 in 2010–11)
http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/publications/illicit-drug-data-reports/2010-11/index/cocaine

http://www.smh.com.au/national/paying-through-the-nose-for-cocaine-20130318-2gb6s.html

Quote ( The price for a gram of cocaine in Australia in 2010–11 ranged between $250 and $500. New South Wales continued to report a per gram price range of between $250 and $400. The price per gram in Victoria increased from $300 in 2009–10 to $450 in 2010–11 and the price in Queensland increased from between $300 and $350 in 2009–10 to between $450 and $500 in 2010–11)
http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/publications/illicit-drug-data-reports/2010-11/index/cocaine

http://www.smh.com.au/national/paying-through-the-nose-for-cocaine-20130318-2gb6s.html

So we could assume that Gary was carrying at least $1000 on him when he went missing IF the dealer didn't meet with him as he states. That's a large sum of cash to carry, especially for tech types that bank on their phone etc.

So, the accused drug dealer is saying they never met?
He drove from Sydney to the Blue Mountains and decided to go home?
The time gap is huge for a meet-up... 10pm-2.00am
Im not convinced.

I'm not convinced either, because...
  • The dealer had to travel all the way up to Blue Mountains for nothing?
  • THe significant amount of income
  • If the dealer is indeed an "established" dealer, then they would want the sale closed.

In my opinion:
  • they may have arranged a meeting point which may have contributed to Gary getting disoriented leading to him being lost in the bush
  • If they did meet and Gary had a single "hit", this may explain the hyperactivity.
  • Gary was "wasted" at Silk's brasserie, but it seemed that he's "energized" when he ran out of the hotel. It is possible that he's already had a "hit" but went out to get some more.

Whoa - great find Figment0512 !!! Seems like an awfully 'small' deal for Pambos to travel to Leura for, doesn't it? Seems as though he is used to dealing in much larger quantities. Maybe he had 'further business' in the area? I would think it is unusual for a mid-size dealer to sell small-time. A long way to go for a favour. Maybe Gary was going to make it very worthwhile somehow?

Cocaine may get you buzzed and make you feel great, but it doesn't make you run in circles like a crazy person. How the heck did Gary end up over that cliff??

"Blue Mountains police arrested Mr Pambos after he allegedly supplied more than $30,000 of cocaine and $800 worth of MDMA in Sydney on August 2.
He was charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug after he allegedly sold 128 grams of cocaine and 88 grams of the drug commonly known as ecstasy at Earlwood, in Sydney's inner west."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cocaine-a...s-fatal-end-20130928-2ul59.html#ixzz2gEFGaPPv

Strategic Bail?

Gary's body being found after *Christopher Thomas Pambos had gone to court hopefully would shed some light on what happened. And because of it, Gary would have been examined more thoroughly forensically. They did keep Gary for a long time after he was found for an autopsy.

Makes a bit more sense why they broke the story about the involvement with drugs in Gary's case 3 weeks after he vanished. Thomas Pambos was arrested 2 weeks after Gary disappeared.

Wonder how they found out that Pambos was going to sell to Gary. Pambos made a deal with police? Anika or the colleagues knew Pambos too and told police?

Leverage for bail? But surely Pambos wouldn't want to be linked with a death. More to this story I think. Was Gary going to on-sell for Pambos in some kind of quantity .. but something went terribly wrong and Pambos ended up with no cocaine and no money?

The dealer had an online marketing business and looks very fit. They may have had similar interests.
Over $1000 would motivate a drive to leura. Securing a regular client of that nature and a bloke you got on with would motivate it more.
Too far to go on a chance the person was unreliable and dodgy. IMO
A messy and sad business with horrible consequences in this instance.

Wonder how they found out that Pambos was going to sell to Gary. Pambos made a deal with police? Anika or the colleagues knew Pambos too and told police?

It was discussed in this article, here's the excerpt:
Phone records indicate Mr Pambos arranged to drive from Sydney to the Blue Mountains to meet with the British-born computer sales representative on the night he went missing.
Court documents reveal the 26-year-old had planned to sell Tweddle 2.5 grams of cocaine in five small resealable plastic bags.
He tried to meet Tweddle sometime between 10pm on July 15 and 2am on July 16 but the pair lost contact. They never met.

gary may have taken mdma during the day, before the meal, its stronger than ecstasy and feel good speedy like cocaine, then wanted something stronger like cocaine later.
he may have already bought a largish quantity off the dealer before leaving sydney and the dealer thought the one and half hour trip worth it with all those people in party mode?

The dealer had an online marketing business and looks very fit. They may have had similar interests.
Over $1000 would motivate a drive to leura. Securing a regular client of that nature and a bloke you got on with would motivate it more.

The online marketing business looks to be a bit of a sham if it's the one I'm looking at - same goes for the FB page.

Yes, maybe - but I'm not convinced. $1,000 may be a lot to us, but it is small change for a guy who is accustomed to doing $30,000 deals. Lot of work for $1,000. Was he going to drive 1½ hours, get his $1,000 and drive 1½ hours back?

I'd imagine he'd rather have regular clients who buy much bigger quantities. Getting on with a guy doesn't mean much in the drug (or business) world - trust and money mean more. You can fake getting on with someone in business, most of us do it every day.

And what's with the 'they never met up'? No GPS on Pambos phone or in his car? Not even a simple street directory? Unlikely, I think. If Pambos was not afraid of traceable phone communications with Gary, why not just meet him right at the Fairmont? Pull up in front, and Gary gets in the car or invites him in, if the coast is clear. If they were friends, what is the harm in that?

So many questions .....

Does anyone feel duped?

No wonder we haven't heard a squeak from Oracle. All sounds a bit like closing ranks to me. I have to ask if the military background of certain persons in senior positions and/or positions of authority is behind this cone of silence.

A media statement about a zero tolerance drug policy within Oracle is LONG overdue.

We also now know what the police meant when they said that Gary had nothing on him. They weren't referring to his wallet folks....

I would like to know what positions the 'friends' that were partying with Gary held within Oracle.

If any were in a position more senior or held more authority that Gary, this could create a huge mess for Oracle - no wonder they're staying quiet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthPup
Back