Found Deceased Australia - Gary Tweddle, 23, Blue Mountains NSW, 16 July 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone have a company credit card?

"A San Francisco strip club is suing Oracle after one of its employees ran up a massive bill on a company credit card, and Oracle refused to pay the bill.

According to the lawsuit, the employee used his Oracle-issued American Express card to charge more than 33-thousand dollars in unspecified “services” at the New Century Theater on Larkin Street during last year’s Oracle OpenWorld fest."
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...er-company-refuses-to-pay-employees-33k-bill/

I guess it wouldn't look so good for the America's Cup winner to be found to be tainted by a drug (and strip club) culture. Might put a little tarnish on that cup.

No, Flinders, credit cards are usually issued sparingly, and most often to senior staff members who do a lot of travel and/or corporate entertaining ... though I can't imagine that strip clubs are acceptable expenses. But maybe they are, as long as you pay your bill and the strip club doesn't have to sue you and publicly shame you to get paid.

I wonder if Pambos really even drove to the Blue Mountains that night. Maybe he told Gary he would, maybe he even intended to, but maybe at the last minute he got side-tracked or thought ‘nah, stuff it, can’t be bothered’ but never bothered to inform Gary.

Maybe Gary called/texted and said ‘where are you mate?’ And Pambos replied ‘should be there around midnight’ and hoped Gary would just fall asleep or give up.

Could something like that be why they never met up?

And, still … how did Gary end up 2km away and over a cliff?? Was it Pambos that drove him to the Sublime Point car park to do business? Then what?

Glad the cocaine thing is finally out in the open. Locals have been hearing that it was being used that night since Gary went missing.

I am wondering if they have recovered Gary's phone, otherwise how did they find out about the phone records? Unless of course, the other people partying knew who Gary was going to meet and the info came from him.

More to this, no doubt and will be pieced together by the police, who are really doing a great job. Kudos!

I'm not convinced either, because...
  • The dealer had to travel all the way up to Blue Mountains for nothing?
  • THe significant amount of income
  • If the dealer is indeed an "established" dealer, then they would want the sale closed.

In my opinion:
  • they may have arranged a meeting point which may have contributed to Gary getting disoriented leading to him being lost in the bush
  • If they did meet and Gary had a single "hit", this may explain the hyperactivity.
  • Gary was "wasted" at Silk's brasserie, but it seemed that he's "energized" when he ran out of the hotel. It is possible that he's already had a "hit" but went out to get some more.

Just to add, I just checked in a popular social networking site that Gary is "friends" with Chris Pambos. Note I said "friends" as it is subject to interpretation when people include each other in social networking sites.

Glad the cocaine thing is finally out in the open. Locals have been hearing that it was being used that night since Gary went missing.

I am wondering if they have recovered Gary's phone, otherwise how did they find out about the phone records? Unless of course, the other people partying knew who Gary was going to meet and the info came from him.

More to this, no doubt and will be pieced together by the police, who are really doing a great job. Kudos!

Phone records from the service provider (Vodafone?) would have given them all the call/text data, if they don't have Gary's actual phone.

They may have had to get a search warrant for the records, hence the delay. If it was a work phone, as we think it was, I don't think that Oracle (as the phone 'owner') would have been willing to give permission for such an invasive search of one of their company phones (if they knew there could be incriminating evidence of drug use - during a work function, by a VP's son - on the phone).

Maybe they would .. but it seems like a long wait for this info to finally get released. Phone records can be obtained quite quickly, from willing participants. It only takes a day or two. That's why I'm thinking a search warrant was obtained.

And, yes, many, many kudos to the police for persevering!

Just to add, I just checked in a popular social networking site that Gary is "friends" with Chris Pambos. Note I said "friends" as it is subject to interpretation when people include each other in social networking sites.

Oh what a hoot, openly listing a drug dealer as your mate... and this lad is supposedly one of the brightest sparks at Oracle.
:floorlaugh:

Does anyone feel duped?

No wonder we haven't heard a squeak from Oracle. All sounds a bit like closing ranks to me. I have to ask if the military background of certain persons in senior positions and/or positions of authority is behind this cone of silence.

A media statement about a zero tolerance drug policy within Oracle is LONG overdue.

We also now know what the police meant when they said that Gary had nothing on him. They weren't referring to his wallet folks....

I think you're right with the way the publicity machine has been turning - and that there has been an orchestrated Oracle 'damage control' situation boiling in the background.
I can now understand a few things, they are just my opinion, but Gary seemed to be rebuked - someone was angry with Gary for what he had done - like for for biting the hand that fed him (and the familys hand that fed them) - the word 'unconditional' come to mind and ' Im never coming back here'.
For what its worth, regardless of what was going down, I don't think this was entirely Gary's fault. This is the culture of many businesses from Hairdressers to Olympians. Why call it a conference - just call it a party and be done with it.

I also think that Gary's situation stopped the immediate call to Police by associates, and why Anika made the call to the Police. I think Gary had a lot of money on him - and other peoples money as well. Then when Gary rings and says 'something has happened' they think something has happened... to my money. No wonder he spent 17 minutes on the phone trying to convince them :facepalm:

And why ask a local where you can purchase Cocaine in the area at 11.00pm if you have a dealer saying the timeline of contact was between 10.00pm and 2.00am. What time were the arrangements made with the dealer? There's something wrong with the time line.

Net question...
Did Christopher Pambos travel up to Leura alone or was someone else with him?

There are enough cameras to see which route he took to come up here - and I have no doubt the guy turned up at Leura.
I think Gary ran from the Fairmont because he received a call from Pambos to say he wasn't far away. Its why Gary was dressed as he was.
Why was the deal done outside the premises? Yes, I understand that there are security camera issues that they might try to be avoided by Pambos and Gary, but...
Was Gary inadvertently set up by the dealer by not going into the Resort?

And why was Gary suddenly found - accidentally - right where the search started out on the first few days, and right where they thought he would be - but was missed for so long. 'Tip-off'?

Did Gary do something wrong? Like tell people the dealer's name and stories 'he did a $30,000 drug deal, man' to people he shouldn't have? Some people talk tooooo much when they are doing 'happy' drugs like cocaine.

(And I so agree about the 'unconditionally' and 'never going back to Australia' thoughts, FigTree.)

So the overturned bins? Maybe nothing to do with any of it... A red herring? (Is that the saying?)....

Net question...
Did Christopher Pambos travel up to Leura alone or was someone else with him?

There are enough cameras to see which route he took to come up here - and I have no doubt the guy turned up at Leura.
I'm sure police would be able so subpoena several safety cameras and security cameras from establishments nearby.

I think Gary ran from the Fairmont because he received a call from Pambos to say he wasn't far away. Its why Gary was dressed as he was.
Why was the deal done outside the premises? Yes, I understand that there are security camera issues that they might try to be avoided by Pambos and Gary, but...
Was Gary inadvertently set up by the dealer by not going into the Resort?
This boggles my mind as well. As it is evident on social networking website they're already familiar with each other, if they are going to do a "drop-off" then it's easier to just jump in the car, do the transfer, and get done with it. Besides, they are already familiar with each other. In my opinion, if this is some random deal, then both parties would be overly cautious and would warrant a pre-arrange location to eliminate the possibility of "stings".

And why was Gary suddenly found - accidentally - right where the search started out on the first few days, and right where they thought he would be - but was missed for so long. 'Tip-off'?
I think what can do, or may have already been doing, is cross reference the GPS locations of both men's phones. For example, if Pambos is also using an iPhone, they can cross-reference the GPS signals and times of both phones and would reveal if they indeed meet up at some point or even if Pambos is within the area where Gary is. I mentioned this one, I think on Thread 1 and mentioned how this helped with the building up the case in solving the Jill Meagher case.

Read this news article: Jill Meagher's mobile phone proved the vital clue for police tracking down accused Adrian Ernest Bayley.

Good Point about the relationship MM -
I wonder if the quantity is correct - there was 'no Gary' to substantiate any of details. He hadn't been found yet.

There's so much more to this story, I think.

So, the accused drug dealer is saying they never met?
He drove from Sydney to the Blue Mountains and decided to go home?
The time gap is huge for a meet-up... 10pm-2.00am
Im not convinced.

No wonder Gary was trying to flag down a car - he got the wrong car by the sounds of things.

One article stated that Gary was identified by his wallet.
I wonder if he was carrying cash - I cant see how a deal would go through without an exchange of money - so was the money still in Gary's wallet?

If the two did not meet, where were the drugs, it doesn't mean Gary didn't get them - they could have been left somewhere.
- but it doesn't explain why Gary was in the bush - running and jumping...

A lot of information on phone activity can still be obtained from the service provider in the absence of the phone being recovered. It was also reported that police had taken possession of Gary's laptop and ipad as part of the investigation.

It is hard to know what to make of the statement about loss of contact leading up to the planned purchase of drugs and why on earth Gary went into the bush. I doubt that the drugs would be left in a location separate to where the planned meeting place/handing over of $ for the deal was to have been - I can't see any rationale for that. I doubt that the dealer would have headed up into the mountains with a phone that was about to go out of battery, plus you can charge a phone in a car. As for Gary's phone, it was still emitting a signal until 3am, although reception where he was could have been patchy. If the timeframe for the deal was any time between 10pm and 2am, then it is fair to assume that, at the time of his disappearance (i.e. after his 17 min call to colleagues) he may have still been anticipating that Chris Pambos might be turning up, even if the window was closing...
JMO

RSBM

The admin (Anika?) from the HaveYouSeenGaryTweddle FB page said that it was Gary, when they were responding to comments on their page questioning whether it could have been colleagues looking for Gary that were seen on Watkins Road instead.

I'm not sure how she/they knew that for 'certain' though. Maybe it was an assumption because logic said who else would it be at that time, dressed in those clothes? And more than one car/witness saw him, apparently. Though I'm sure other young men wear very similar clothes, as they are currently in style. (Not sure how many people would be out there in their shirtsleeves in those cold temps though.)

I, too, am totally stumped as to why the dogs didn't pick up Gary's trail and lead rescuers right to his location. Those dogs are GOOD ... it is their job and they are enthusiastic about doing it well and receiving their reward/praise.

There had to have been a vehicle involved IMO. The dog handlers would not have been negligent and not put the dogs through the Watkins Road area surely?

I dont think the admin for the HYSGT site is Anika. She is being referred to in the third person on that site, I'm thinking it's someone else who administers that site.

Whoa - great find Figment0512 !!! Seems like an awfully 'small' deal for Pambos to travel to Leura for, doesn't it? Seems as though he is used to dealing in much larger quantities. Maybe he had 'further business' in the area? I would think it is unusual for a mid-size dealer to sell small-time. A long way to go for a favour. Maybe Gary was going to make it very worthwhile somehow?

Cocaine may get you buzzed and make you feel great, but it doesn't make you run in circles like a crazy person. How the heck did Gary end up over that cliff??

"Blue Mountains police arrested Mr Pambos after he allegedly supplied more than $30,000 of cocaine and $800 worth of MDMA in Sydney on August 2.
He was charged with two counts of supplying a prohibited drug after he allegedly sold 128 grams of cocaine and 88 grams of the drug commonly known as ecstasy at Earlwood, in Sydney's inner west."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cocaine-a...s-fatal-end-20130928-2ul59.html#ixzz2gEFGaPPv

Yes, I agree. It does sound like a relatively small amount to drive all that distance for. It also sounds like a last minute idea, otherwise GT could have procured the drugs before he headed off to the mountains. It was reported that over dinner at Silks he was making enquiries as to where to procure drugs locally. Perhaps no one could come up with any ideas, so as a last resort GT got onto his Sydney based dealer. That would fit in with the window for the deal to start at 10pm. It could be that, perhaps, the trip seemed 'all too hard' for Pambos in the end and he just switched off his phone or otherwise avoided conveying that to GT. JMO

Does anyone feel duped?

No wonder we haven't heard a squeak from Oracle. All sounds a bit like closing ranks to me. I have to ask if the military background of certain persons in senior positions and/or positions of authority is behind this cone of silence.

A media statement about a zero tolerance drug policy within Oracle is LONG overdue.

We also now know what the police meant when they said that Gary had nothing on him. They weren't referring to his wallet folks....

I think a drug or substance related scenario of some sort was what most people had already been anticipating, and the confirmation of this is slowly seeping out and embodying itself. I also think a lot of parties here have been instructed to keep their mouths on the entirety of this case - good or bad aspects - shut because a police investigation and court proceedings are in train, not to mention the inquest scheduled for Nov 22 is yet to take place. But I do see what a compromising position many people, including the Oracle corporation, have been placed in by virtue of this incident. Also throws up some conflicting loyalty type questions. And yes, I took the report of 'nothing' being found on GT to allude to drugs.

I wonder about the initial reports in msm saying that gary phoned and said he was lost and that he had been separated from his group. Were there more people involved in this deal?

I'm a rookie sleuther on here but I think I have read just about every post on all threads in regards to Gary from the beginning (I guess I was considered a "guest", Marly correct me if I'm wrong). I have also read every single comment that people posted on "Have You Seen Gary Tweddle?" facebook page. One thing that keeps bothering me and I can't get out of my head is the rumor that was mentioned I believe as "he was over the cliff and in a tree". And this really upset alot of readers.......but it turned out true according to how it was reported he was found. Apparently this person heard it from his co-workers at the Fairmont Resort. I sure hope the workers were re-visited by NSW Police regarding that comment. (Which by the way has been removed from HYSGT's FB page) Also as I read on about the search dogs loosing the trace of Gary's scent upon leaving Watkins Rd., could it be possible that aside getting into a car and heading down Sublime Point Rd, maybe and I say this IMHO, but just maybe he could've hitched a ride on a golf cart or possibly a segway. I've checked out all of the Fairmont's activities and these are 2 other motorized vehicles that I haven't seen mentioned. They are small enough to go down the smallest tracks, yet they might have left fresh tire marks. Golf carts could plow through the dense bushes couldn't they? I don't know........JMO, nothing based on facts.

?who would have been in a position to spread the rumours re Gary's subsequent location and demise at the Fairmont Resort??? Those close to the situation?? Very strange....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back