GUILTY Australia - Jamie Gao, 20, murdered, Padstow, NSW, 20 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
McNamara had written 2 books about fighting corruption. How did he go from being a corruption fighter to corrupt so quickly?
Or was he corrupt the whole time?
And if that's the case Australia has a big problem when even the corruption fighters are corrupt.

:welcome6: Ivana NGO

McNamara had written 2 books about fighting corruption. How did he go from being a corruption fighter to corrupt so quickly?
Or was he corrupt the whole time?
And if that's the case Australia has a big problem when even the corruption fighters are corrupt.

:wagon:

I was wondering the exact same thing, I assume now he was corrupt the whole time and had a great cover story. Yep on the big problem, we really do.

:wagon:

I was wondering the exact same thing, I assume now he was corrupt the whole time and had a great cover story. Yep on the big problem, we really do.

I have gleaned this from the MSM:

Jamie was shot twice while sitting down on a chair in the storage unit two minutes after they began to drive him the 600m to the unit!

Who do you think fired the gun? Will they both say the other one did it as the police don't have the gun? One is a murderer and the other one an accessory so have both men been charged with murder and moving the body plus possession of drugs (McNamara).

I think we can assume that it was McNamara whom Jamie had known for some years.

Was it McNamara who had the prime motive and Rogerson was asked to help him? McNamara seems to have played a greater role in this than Rogerson.

Did Jamie give evidence against McNamara at the ACC held in secret and someone present spilled the beans to McNamara? Maybe he then decided to ask Jamie to get him a large amount of drugs thus setting a trap for Jamie.

Someone asked earlier if this was planned. IMO it was definitely premeditated especially with the plastic put down on the floor of the storage unit to avoid blood being found.

As far as I can gather - this is the timeline of ALLEGED events - sourced from media.

Jamie Gao - Victim
20 years old
Student: was completing a business degree at the University of Technology

Roger Rogerson - Charged with murder of Jamie Gao
73 years old
Ex-Police Detective

Glen McNamara - charged with murdering Jamie Gao and supplying 3kg of methamphetamine
55 years old
Ex Police Detective

Timeline
Prior to 20th May 2014.
Gao still lived at home with his mother Catherin Sui Ying Gao and grandmother in Hurstville, Sydney NSW
Mother owns a tiling business at Rockdale.
Jamie Gao's mother was overseas in Hong Kong visiting Jamies grandmother She returned back to Australia after her son was reported missing.

Known:
  • 2011 - *Federal Police had been watching Gao since 2011 as a suspected drug importer and dealer.

• 2014 - Two weeks before he went missing, Gao was before Downing Centre Local Court on kidnapping and assault charges, where he was represented by (Solicitor) Ms Lau and the case adjourned.

• 2014 - MURDER victim Jamie Gao had been called to give evidence before a secret hearing at the Australian Crime Commission in the weeks before his death.
    The Australian Crime Commission “could not confirm or deny” if Mr Gao was working for them, according to the report.

• Gao had been boasting for weeks about a meeting with a man named Glen, at 1.35pm on Tuesday, May 20, for a drug deal.

• The day before his murder was reportedly as normal for Mr Gao as any other. He went to his morning university classes before stopping for lunch at a nearby cafe with a uni friend.

Tuesday 20th May 2014
Arab Street Padstow
11.37am: McNamara calls Gao that morning from a Telstra payphone at Cronulla. Gao took the call on his mobile phone at Hurstville.
(McNamara was caught making the call on CCTV footage.)

TWO unidentified Hong Kong nationals drove Gao to the alleged drug deal.
Gao arrives from Hurstville to Arab street Padstow and parks his a white Nissan Silvia sedan outside Unit 2C - Micks Meats.

The 3 men get out of the car.

Gao retrieves a bag from the boot of the car and proceeds to walk down the street and get into McNamaras white station wagon - which is parked in a driveway.

McNamaras white station wagon reverses out of the driveway and proceeds to drive down the road away from Gao's car.

Rogerson - who has been sitting parked in his car - a silver Ford Falcon, follows behind McNamara and Gao.

The cars drive 600mtres to the Self Storage Units on Davies Rd Padstow.

Tuesday 20th May 2014
Self Storage Unit 803 Padstow
1:35PM - CCTV showed two men getting out of a white station wagon (Gao and McNamara)

One man (McNamara) ushers the other man (Gao) into Storage Unit 803.

A few minutes later a third man (Rogerson) entered the Storage Unit 803 and pulled down the roller door.

-----
Gao is murdered - allegedly shot dead while sitting in a chair - with two bullets from a small calibre weapon fired into his chest.

Police allege the floor of the unit was covered with plastic, probably a blue tarpaulin.

1.55pm - the Storage Unit roller door opened again — Rogerson and McNamara came out.

Rogerson and McNamara are seen on CCTV backing their cars up to the unit’s roller door

From the back of a white station wagon, McNamara retrieves a surfboard cover

From his silver Ford Falcon Rogerson retrieves a blanket

Both men re-enter the Storage Unit 803 with the surfboard cover and blanket.

McNamara and Rogerson are seen dragging the surfboard cover with something heavy inside it (Gao's body) from the unit

McNamara and Rogerson load the surfboard cover with Gao's body in it, into the back of McNamara's white station wagon.

Office chairs from inside the Storage unit are placed on top of the body.

Tuesday 20th May 2014
After the Shooting:
Meanwhile: The 2 men who had travelled with Gao to Arab Road and had left at his car - await Gao's return.

1 Hour after Gao left Arab Road - he was not back - the Hong Kong Nationals were concered and rang Gao's friends.

Gao's friends arrive and meet with the Hong Kong Nationals

Over the next few hours the Hong Kong Nationals and Gao's friends took Gao’s car and drove around searching the streets of Padstow for him.

The group of friends and the Hong Kong Nationals abandon the search for Gao and leave Gao's vehicle abandoned in nearby Stuart street Padstow.

In Gao's abandoned car was his wallet, keys and mobile phone — and one of the numbers on the phone allegedly belonged to Glen McNamara.

The Hong Kong Nationals disappear - allegedly flying back to Hong Kong.

Wednesday 21st May 2013
Rogerson and McNamara
CCTV footage - Rogerson and McNamara are seen returning to Storage Unit 803

McNamara and Rogerson spend 40 minutes inside the Storage Unit - allegedly cleaning the inside of it.

After the Storage Unit was clean - they then retrieve from the car, the chairs they had taken the day before and place them back inside the Storage Unit.

Time Unknown - Wednesday 21st May 2014 - it is alleged the two men returned and spent 40 minutes cleaning the inside of the Rent-A-Space unit after dumping Mr Gao’s body at sea using McNamara’s 4.5m Quintrex fishing boat.

Wednesday 21st May 2013
Gao Reported Missing to Police
Police received a call from neighbours of Gao’s mothers Hurstville home - there was a lot of activity around the house. - five of his friends looking for Gao.

Later - Two of Gao’s cousins would report him missing - a 30 hour gap from the time Gao went missing before making the report.

The friends told officers that Gao had been boasting for weeks about a meeting with a man named Glen, at 1.35pm on Tuesday, May 20, for a drug deal.

4pm - solicitor Jasmine Lau walked into Kogarah police station and reported her client Jamie Gao missing.

Search begins to find Gao.

-----
For the next five days detectives worked around the clock, gathering evidence from CCTV, More than 50 detectives began the task of tracking Gao’s last movements, starting with an examination of all the CCTV vision retrieved from storage units in Padstow, forensics, phone-tracking data and intercepted phone calls.

-----

Thursday 22nd May 2014
Thursday - officers view CCTV footage taken from the Rent A Space storage facility on Davies Rd and discovered events involving Gao, McNamara's and Rogerson.

Friday 23rd May, 2014
PM - Police issued a press release calling for help in locating Gao without revealing they were gathering evidence and preparing search warrants against their two prime suspects.

Saturday 24th May 2014
Police find McNamara's white station wagon, and by now investigators were finalising plans to make arrests.

Sunday 25th May 2014
McNamara Arrested
4 AM - Cronulla - Police secretly remove McNamaras white station wagon from the Underground car park at the unit complex where McNamara lives.

Police find Inside the car the bagged drugs that Gao was carrying.

McNamara awakes that day and discovers the white station wagon car was gone - He rings several times to Roger Rogerson.

McNamara then drives his blue car to Cooma prison, in southern NSW, to visit an inmate.

Commander of the Robbery and Serious Crime Squad Detective Superintendent Luke Moore called a press conference to reveal details of Gao’s last known movements.

6.30pm - McNamara returns from Cooma - and is arrested during a car stop at Kyeemagh and charged with murder and supplying a commercial quantity of drugs.

Detectives execute search warrants at Rogerson and McNamara’s homes, seizing cars and other evidence

McNamara's blue Ford Falcon XR6 was seized and taken to Kograh Police Station.

From McNamara's Caringbah storage unit - The Storage unit was searched - seized was McNamara’s Quintrex boat , which police allege was used to take Gao's body out to dump at sea - and a surfboard with no cover.

Rogerson’s home in Padstow Heights is searched and a silver Ford Falcon is seized.

Monday 26th May 2014
Gao's Body is found
7:30AM - Two fishermen report finding a blue tarp floating 1.5KM off Shell Beach at Cronulla. Inside was the body of Jamie Gao —

The frayed rope around his feet had broken free of the weight that was supposed to sink him to the bottom of the ocean.

An examination of the remains, for the purpose of identification, was conducted.
Also a post mortem examination, to determine the cause of Mr Gao’s death.

Monday 26th May 2014
McNamara appears in custody in Kogarah Local Court.

McNamara did not apply for bail during a short appearance in Kogarah Local Court.

His lawyer asked his client be placed in protective custody which was granted by magistrate Christine Haskett.
-----

Two NSW detectives, Detective Inspector Mick Sheehy and Detective Inspector Russell Oxford, touched down in Queensland early this afternoon to begin the search for Rogerson, 73.

Rogerson had been in Redcliffe, north of Brisbane, for the weekend, and had attended a public event -to watch some exhibition sparring as a guest of Mark 'The Hammer' Dixon.

Rogerson had left the Scarborough home of Mr Dixon's uncle, former boxer and harness racing identity Alan "Bunger" Johnson, before dawn on Monday heading for Sydney

Police from NSW, accompanied by Queensland colleagues, came looking for Rogerson at the boxing gym of Mr Dixon on Monday night. But they were about 12 hours too late.

It is believed Rogerson drove through the night to get home from Brisbane to Padstow Sydney, tosee his wife Anne Melocco before his arrest.

Tuesday 27th May 2014
Rogerson Arrested
6am: Rogerson arrives at his Padstow home to see his wife after driving from Brisbane.

11am: More than a dozen police officers storm Rogerson’s Churchill Rd Padstow home to arrest him.

Less than 10 minutes later brought out Rogerson in handcuffs.

3.15pm: Rogerson is charged with Jamie Gao's murder.

-----
A special late sitting was arranged to get Rogerson before a court.

Rogerson limped into the dock at charged with murdering Gao.

Magistrate Elaine Truscott formally refused bail and remanded Rogerson in custody to appear at Central Local Court on July 22, the same day as his co-accused former Kings Cross detective Glen McNamara.
-----
Both he and Rogerson are held in protective custody in Silverwater Jail.

I have gleaned this from the MSM:

Jamie was shot twice while sitting down on a chair in the storage unit two minutes after they began to drive him the 600m to the unit!

Who do you think fired the gun? Will they both say the other one did it as the police don't have the gun? One is a murderer and the other one an accessory so have both men been charged with murder and moving the body plus possession of drugs (McNamara).

I think we can assume that it was McNamara whom Jamie had known for some years.

Was it McNamara who had the prime motive and Rogerson was asked to help him? McNamara seems to have played a greater role in this than Rogerson.

Did Jamie give evidence against McNamara at the ACC held in secret and someone present spilled the beans to McNamara? Maybe he then decided to ask Jamie to get him a large amount of drugs thus setting a trap for Jamie.

Someone asked earlier if this was planned. IMO it was definitely premeditated especially with the plastic put down on the floor of the storage unit to avoid blood being found.

Rogerson, IMO, was the unexpected - if CCTV footage hadn't picked up Rogerson sitting in his car in Arab Road watching what was going on - and then following McNamara and Gao in his car behind, Rogerson might not even be on the radar as being there. Gao's friends only mentioned 'Greg' (McNamara. I'm not sure Gao (or his Hong Kong Nationals were aware of Rogerson at the time).
But, CCTV footage also sees Rogerson walk into the storage unit after McNamara had ushered Gao in there. Rogerson turns up from nowhere - and shuts the roller door - the rest is going to be very interesting to hear what happened in those 10-20 minutes.

They are still looking for the hand pistol that was used. It could be anywhere from 2kms out to sea - to Queensland. :facepalm:

What else I find interesting is the Drug charge laid on McNamara - it is for supplying
McNamara did not apply for bail during a short appearance before magistrate Christine Haskett in Kogarah Local Court yesterday. He was charged with murdering Jamie Gao between 1.40pm and 2.30pm in Padstow on May 20 and supplying 3kg of methamphetamine at the same time on the same date. He was not required to plea.

That's not possession or dealing. Where these McNamaras drugs?
I am getting this wrong? Or does the Charge have something to do with the amount of drugs?

Excellent post, Figtree!

I just read this from an interview with RR given by Julia Baird on 12 March 2006. It is a very long interview so I have just posted some snippets:

Two jail terms and a host of inquiries later ......Roger Rogerson continues to protest his innocence... and insists that he's the victim of a vendetta waged by a group of cops who are out to get him

Now Rogerson is trying to break with the past-he's served his time....he's even read the Bible and is touring the pubs and clubs with a somewhat unconventional comedy act - but does he think that his prison days are finally over?

Roger Rogerson:

I'd like to think so.

Julia Baird:

Are you worried that people are still pursuing you, are out to get you?

Roger Rogerson:

Well, look I've been pursued by government instrumentalities such as the Police Intelligence Commission, by the Australian Crime Commission and originally by a group of police that were put together because they wanted to get me.

snipped....

Roger Rogerson:

"I found out later on that I had a fairly high IQ. I suppose I might have been a little bit more intelligent than some of the other kids that had joined as cadets with me and, you know I was lucky enough to work with some intelligent people."

Roger Rogerson:

I learnt years ago it's no use checking your house for bugs. My wife and myself if we want to talk about something in private, in strict privacy, we leave our house, we walk across the road where we have bushland and we talk in the bush.

Roger Rogerson:

Basically I cut my criminal ties you might say when I left the cops. Now alright, when I left the police I set up an engineering business and I would get the odd phone call from Ned Smith for a couple of years but don't forget Neddy Smith has been in gaol since 1988.

Roger Rogerson:

The thrill to me was catching them, chasing them, investigating them and catching them. I never complained if a crook beat us at court. I get rather annoyed at the way the police carry on now. They blame magistrates for allowing people out on bail and then when you read into the story you find there's not much evidence there anyhow. You need evidence to keep people in custody.

Roger Rogerson:

Look there's many blokes I locked up for crimes I liked; I had to admire their strength and their tenacity. You know, I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't be game to do some of the things that some of these blokes have done. So look, yes there was a bit of admiration there but it was a job.

Roger Rogerson::

No, I'll always remain bitter about certain things. No, I think I'm, I don't feel too bad. In fact I you know, I came home and spoke to my wife and said I want to make sure that certain things don't worry me again. And my wife Anne sort of always accused me of being a control freak. I like things just right. I like the lawn being just right and the edges done just right. Maybe I've changed and I'm not going to worry so much about those sort of things.

Roger Rogerson:

Yes, I believe in a God of some description. I'm not a religious man. I grew up in the Protestant faith, my mother's very religious and my daughters are and their husbands. One of my son - in - laws is a Minster of religion.

Roger Rogerson:

No, I wouldn't ask for forgiveness, no, I'd cop it on the chin, I'd cop it on the chin.

Julia Baird:

You were a hero of the force, you've now served two jail sentences, you said to me then if you've probably been a bit naughty, you haven't always been a white knight.

http://www.abc.net.au/sundayprofile/stories/s1587758.htm

I'm sure you will find some interesting things to comment on now.

Mr Rogerson's friend business identity ''Big'' Jim Byrnes said: "I beg him to come forward and give himself up." But he had "an awful feeling" Mr Rogerson would do anything to avoid arrest.

Mr Byrnes said Mr Rogerson had introduced him to Mr McNamara about 18 months ago. He described their relationship as "Roger Rogerson's friend of 25 years, colourful business identity … great contracts and Glen would've been the legman".

Mr Byrnes said he hired the pair to find evidence to clear his name over his 1983 jailing for possession of heroin.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/roge...y-fisherman-20140526-38zya.html#ixzz33b8jFw8K

I find it interesting to learn that:

1. McNamara and Rogerson have known each other for 25 years and that McNamara would have been the "leg man".

2. Rogerson and his wife lived at Padstow so we can assume that the storage unit belonged to Rogerson.

http://www.abc.net.au/sundayprofile/stories/s1587758.htm

I'm sure you will find some interesting things to comment on now.
Respectfully snipped by me:
Julia Baird:
Where you said that you knew, "More criminals than any other policeman."

Roger Rogerson:
That's true. That means that I'd locked up hundreds of criminals and that I'd been able to use some of them as informants. That I was the guy who could talk to guys, I could get down to the gutter and talk to someone. Our power was getting information from informants; we were encouraged to do it.

Good interview from Julia Bard.
It just seems such a messy tangled web :(
A stupid messy tangled web :facepalm::seeya:

Mr Rogerson's friend business identity ''Big'' Jim Byrnes said: "I beg him to come forward and give himself up." But he had "an awful feeling" Mr Rogerson would do anything to avoid arrest.

Mr Byrnes said Mr Rogerson had introduced him to Mr McNamara about 18 months ago. He described their relationship as "Roger Rogerson's friend of 25 years, colourful business identity … great contracts and Glen would've been the legman".

Mr Byrnes said he hired the pair to find evidence to clear his name over his 1983 jailing for possession of heroin.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/roge...y-fisherman-20140526-38zya.html#ixzz33b8jFw8K

I find it interesting to learn that:

1. McNamara and Rogerson have known each other for 25 years and that McNamara would have been the "leg man".

2. Rogerson and his wife lived at Padstow so we can assume that the storage unit belonged to Rogerson.
My bold...

Seems feasible - the media did say the Storage Unit belonged to someone not involved in the murder, but connected to the pair - it could have been in a relatives name or a business name.

Source:
People who rent storage units need to provide government issued photo identification or can rent a unit through a business.
-----
Investigators also visited a Bansktown storage facility...
-----
“They said they were checking storage facilities and were looking for a body,” a staff member said.
-----
A third storage facility in Revesby refused to say if police had visited them over the last week.

I have many unanswered questions about this case.
How did they know what was in Jamie Gao's bag?
He drove off in a car, presumably to somewhere driving distance away, so why did they know to check the storage facility?
Was McNamara really a corruption fighter, or just getting rid of the competition?
Or was McNamara really a corruption fighter and he has been in someway set up?
Were there armed men lying in wait that shot Gao and forced Rogerson and McNamara to drag the body out, knowing it would be captured on CCTV?
What happened to the earliest reports that RR and GM were working together on a book on corruption?
If the feds had been watching Gao since 2011, how come they missed this?
How did they seem to know Gao was dead without evidence?
When police took GM's car and drugs, why didn't the swap it for fake drugs and follow where it was going?
If GM was tricky enough to call JG from a payphone, why was his phone number found on Jamie's phone? The phone was left with others for a while, could it have been put in by someone else?
Does prohibition actually cause corruption?
How can we fix this?
I have many more questions but that will do for now.

<snipped>

Roger Rogerson:

I learnt years ago it's no use checking your house for bugs. My wife and myself if we want to talk about something in private, in strict privacy, we leave our house, we walk across the road where we have bushland and we talk in the bush.

Oh yeah, completely normal to leave the house and talk about things in the patch of bush down the road. I'm thinking the storage unit was in Anne's name.

Also great timeline FigTree, something jumped out for me as I read that .. police expressed great surprise at finding the bag of drugs in McNamara's car, but we never heard of their reaction of seeing Rogerson and McNamara of all people walking into a storage unit with a known drug trafficker, there was no 'OMG .. is that .. ROGERSON??!!!' moment for them, as there was for everyone else in the country, nor was there a 'WAIT!!! What the h*ll is McNamara doing, we thought he was straight!' moment either, which to me means they have been watching these two and all their nefarious activities for as long as they've been watching Jamie .. which leads me to my next question.

Why in the h*ll do they watch these crooks go about their business for so long and never pick them up or charge them for anything? If I drive through a 50 zone at 60kms / hour I get a freaking fine and lose points off my licence, and let me tell you if I stole a snickers bar from my local Woolworths they'd probably throw the book at me! Is this really fair, and why on earth do we accept this, seems to me like as long as you're playing the big game you get a green light to carry on as long as nobody gets killed.

#Jaded

"If I stole a snickers bar from my local Woolworths they'd probably throw the book at me! Is this really fair, and why on earth do we accept this, seems to me like as long as you're playing the big game you get a green light to carry on as long as nobody gets killed."

#Jaded[/QUOTE]

The message here is don't steal a snickers..... Steal a snickers truck and give everyone snickers. Don't kill anybody... Everythings cool. Snickers all round.
#Something is not right here.

The message here is don't steal a snickers..... Steal a snickers truck and give everyone snickers. Don't kill anybody... Everythings cool. Snickers all round.

#Something is not right here.

You are absolutely correct, steal the truck .. plan it weeks in advance, enlist the help of an ex-cop for the strategic planning, harm nobody, and rebirth the truck at the garage of someone connected to other 'colourful characters', and everything is sweet!

#ThinkBig

We've been fed a huge lie IMO, ie that the reason they don't pull these guys off the streets sooner is because they're building a case against the bigger players. The truth is the reason they don't pull these guys off the streets sooner, and can't build a case against the bigger players is because the police / politicians are up to their neck in it .. so jaded.

Hong Kong nationals phoned Gao&#8217;s friends, who arrived to help search for him. Over the next few hours they took Gao&#8217;s car and drove around searching the streets of Padstow. They finally abandoned the vehicle in a nearby street and left the area, waiting almost 30 hours before going to police.

The friends told officers that Gao had been boasting for weeks about a meeting with a man named Glen, at 1.35pm on Tuesday, May 20, for a drug deal.

More than 50 detectives began the task of tracking Gao&#8217;s last movements, starting with an examination of all the CCTV vision retrieved from storage units in Padstow. As the hours ticked into Thursday, officers came to the CCTV footage taken from the Rent A Space storage facility on Davies Rd.

&#8220;We couldn&#8217;t believe our eyes,&#8221; said one senior detective. As they tracked back to the previous Tuesday, the CCTV showed two men getting out of a white station wagon, and one ushering the other into unit 803.

For the next five days detectives worked around the clock, gathering an abundance of evidence from CCTV, forensics, phone-tracking data and intercepted phone calls.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...left-cops-shaken/story-fni0cx4q-1226938455360

The two Hong Kong men later told friends that they had waited for about an hour, and when Gao did not return they drove around in his car, leaving it in Stuart St.

It turned out to be five of his friends looking for him. Later that evening, two of Gao&#8217;s cousins would also report him missing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...der-of-jamie-gao/story-fni0cx12-1226937982110
Jamies Friends must know the Hong Kong guys. IMO 30 hours gave the HK guys enough time to get out of Australia. Id say the friends spilled what they knew when they reported Jamie missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back