GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So it's fair to assume he had dumped her body by this stage. Less than 2 hours after he picked her up from school she was dead and he had disposed of her body. What on earth happened? She would've had to be dead by say 430pm for him to have the time to put her into his car and drive the 17km to where she was found. So basically within an hour he had killed her. That is of course assuming he killed her somewhere else. He could have also driven her out there and then killed her. But still, why? Did she know something he didn't want anybody else to know? Had they started seeing each other again and she had threatened to tell his girlfriend and in a fit of rage he took it too far?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Then how does withdrawing Jayde's money fit in?

I'm fairly sure that the item belonging to Jayde was on the road side travelling away and not to Brisbane. I wonder if BB was panicked and took money for petrol and drove around for a few days ... ?

I'm fairly sure that the item belonging to Jayde was on the road side travelling away and not to Brisbane. I wonder if BB was panicked and took money for petrol and drove around for a few days ... ?
He could have killed her and then hidden her body somewhere. He then accessed her account at the ATM in Gatton.
I think chances are that he didn't dump her at where she was found in Tenthill Creek in the first place. Apparently, the area is frequented by dogwalkers. The weather was perfect for walking until last Monday when we got the first rain in months, so I would assume that someone would have found her earlier had she been there from the 14th on.

It's possible he withdrew the money in an attempt to make police suspect robbery as a motive. Maybe.

OR he needed the money for something and robbery was the motive.

I do not want to want to paint Jayde as a bad girl but we all know teenagers can make bad choices. Especially since losing her Mum. Perhaps this was a drug related death. The withdrawals from her bank account may have been to pay for drugs. No matter what happened it is so very sad and has devastated two families.

It's possible he withdrew the money in an attempt to make police suspect robbery as a motive. Maybe.

OR he needed the money for something and robbery was the motive.
Or to make it look like she was a runaway?

I do not want to want to paint Jayde as a bad girl but we all know teenagers can make bad choices. Especially since losing her Mum. Perhaps this was a drug related death. The withdrawals from her bank account may have been to pay for drugs. No matter what happened it is so very sad and has devastated two families.
If you look at it, Jayde seems to have had too many responsibilities and no void to fill with drugs. She was earning money (had just bought a car), involved in school, and being there for her Dad and little brother. I would be surprised!
my opinion only

So it's fair to assume he had dumped her body by this stage. Less than 2 hours after he picked her up from school she was dead and he had disposed of her body. What on earth happened? She would've had to be dead by say 430pm for him to have the time to put her into his car and drive the 17km to where she was found. So basically within an hour he had killed her. That is of course assuming he killed her somewhere else. He could have also driven her out there and then killed her. But still, why? Did she know something he didn't want anybody else to know? Had they started seeing each other again and she had threatened to tell his girlfriend and in a fit of rage he took it too far?

Great post, BBM is the burning question! I just can't get my head around why????

I am very sorry to hear of Jayde's death :( Jayde was reminding me of someone, unfortunately the list of young murdered women grows ever longer. Reading the thread tonight I realised her photos remind me of Jill Meagher and this case reminds me strongly of Jessie Cate. Does anyone else recall that case? The circumstances/context are very similar.

Her sister's ex boyfriend worked with her at Woolsworth and went there one night and offered her a lift home, I think there was something he wanted to discuss. She left with him a little after her shift ended at 6:40pm. Whatever it was they had to discuss, it escalated the situation very quickly and the first assault happened to her within moments. I never read the details in the media regarding their conflict, I can only assume they were perhaps left out of the court case? Certainly her family never shared the details on her facebook page. I am sure they know however and have reason to keep it private, and I will bet the teenagers who knew Jayde and her accused killer probably could make a good guess of what possibly occurred. Not to disparage either of those lovely young women, there are romantic dramas and recreational drug use in a large number of teenagers' lives, and that's the extent of their misadventures. It's the time of life that stuff is most appropriate, and there's no indication either were involved in either.

(I am having a lot of trouble with the textbox lately, is there somewhere I can report that? I had to refresh so many times to be able to post this).

I am very sorry to hear of Jayde's death :( Jayde was reminding me of someone, unfortunately the list of young murdered women grows ever longer. Reading the thread tonight I realised her photos remind me of Jill Meagher and this case reminds me strongly of Jessie Cate. Does anyone else recall that case? The circumstances/context are very similar.

Her sister's ex boyfriend worked with her at Woolsworth and went there one night and offered her a lift home, I think there was something he wanted to discuss. She left with him a little after her shift ended at 6:40pm. Whatever it was they had to discuss, it escalated the situation very quickly and the first assault happened to her within moments. I never read the details in the media regarding their conflict, I can only assume they were perhaps left out of the court case? Certainly her family never shared the details on her facebook page. I am sure they know however and have reason to keep it private, and I will bet the teenagers who knew Jayde and her accused killer probably could make a good guess of what possibly occurred. Not to disparage either of those lovely young women, there are romantic dramas and recreational drug use in a large number of teenagers' lives, and that's the extent of their misadventures. It's the time of life that stuff is most appropriate, and there's no indication either were involved in either.

(I am having a lot of trouble with the textbox lately, is there somewhere I can report that? I had to refresh so many times to be able to post this).

BBM. Go to this link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?53-Forum-Finesse

Click on the Post New Thread tab. Give your new thread a name significant to your problem. Outline what the problem is and then click Submit New Thread.

Hope this helps.

I do remember Jessie Cate, and her killer went home and played video games. The twins awaiting trial for Stephanie Scott were quiet, and gamers. Now we have BB, who is squeaky clean but likes to play video games (and is writing twenty novels).
I think things were better for women when men worked things out by going fishing. MOO

She was due to start her shift at 6pm. I can't see her doing drugs in that short time frame. And if it was drug related then why not take her to the hospital?

MOD ALERT. There is no indication nor has it been reported that Jayde was a drug user. Please leave it out of the discussion.

I know I'm new here, but the amount of speculation regarding drug use is appalling. There is absolutely zero evidence that either the victim or the perpetrator were involved with drugs.

<modsnip>

---

Having said that, let's get back to the conversation at hand. There is a piece of news that I haven't seen mentioned recently. Back before Jayde was found, a schoolfriend was quoted by a news agency referring to Jayde having issues with someone on Facebook who turned out to be not who they said they were, or something similar. Unfortunately I can't find the article now.

Also, in reference to accessing money via a mobile phone bank app like the CBA's Cardless Cash, to access the Cardless Cash function you first need to enter a PIN on the phone app. So, it appears as though Bennetts must have known the PIN to use either method to access the account.

One would assume Bennetts was under surveillance after becoming a POI, I can't imagine that Jayde's body was moved after the day she went missing. The CCTV at Tenthill Caravan Park almost certainly shows him returning to Gatton after leaving the body further down the road. He then made the withdrawals and headed back to his home in Brisbane, disposing of the "item" on his way back. Although I have heard that it was found on the opposite side of the highway, not the side he would have been travelling on... but thrown from the driver's window could have made it's way across.

As an odd sidenote, Tenthill Creek Road is also the site of one of Australia's most enduring murder mysteries, generally referred to as the "Gatton Murders", dating from the late 1800s.

Quoting my own post for Salinger. This article mentions Jayde possibly having issues with someone on Facebook.

Their knowledge of Jayde's disappearance is gleaned from TV news coverage and Facebook. There is a theory going around that Jayde was hoaxed by a fake Facebook account.

"I heard she was going to meet someone, but they weren't the person they said they were on Facebook," Courtney says.

That's the article, thank you.

Having reread it now, it does tend to sound like schoolyard speculation rather than firsthand knowledge.

I know I'm new here, but the amount of speculation regarding drug use is appalling. There is absolutely zero evidence that either the victim or the perpetrator were involved with drugs.

Not to mention the anti-video game crowd... get a grip people. In general, way to jump to ridiculous conclusions guys. I was expecting so much more from a forum with your reputation.

<Respectfully snipped>

Please see my post #273 above and leave it at that.

Thank you.

Not to mention the anti-video game crowd... get a grip people. In general, way to jump to ridiculous conclusions guys.
I was pointing out a correlation, not a position. I am not a crowd, and this forum does not look kindly on personal attacks.

As an odd sidenote, Tenthill Creek Road is also the site of one of Australia's most enduring murder mysteries, generally referred to as the "Gatton Murders", dating from the late 1800s.
The site of that incident is way back up near the Apex Park. They did do an initial search near that park for reasons not yet apparent.

I was pointing out a correlation, not a position. I am not a crowd, and this forum does not look kindly on personal attacks.

Not a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination. You aren't the first person in this thread to trot out the video game "correlation". Correlation does not imply causation. Apologies if you took offence.

71% of Australian households contain 2 or more gamers. More stats here for those interested: http://igea.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Digital-Australia-2014-Infographics.pdf

More apologies for getting off topic. There's been some rampant speculation in this thread and being rather close to the case, it tends to rustle my jimmys, so to speak.

Edited to add a more relevant study:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jcom.12129/full

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8