Australia Australia - Jayden Penno-Tompsett, 22, Charter Towers, Qld, 31 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Your link says it is broken, Horror. Is this the update you are posting?

MISSING MAN - UPDATE: An aerial search is underway in Charters Towers after police identified the last known location of missing man Jayden Penno-Tompsett.

As a direct result of information received from a member of the community, police have pinpointed a location along Stockroute Road as the area in which Mr Penno-Tompsett was last seen between 9.30am and 11am on the morning of December 31, 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/thenorther...048033745087/2012341038782435/?type=3&theater

Your link says it is broken, Horror. Is this the update you are posting?

MISSING MAN - UPDATE: An aerial search is underway in Charters Towers after police identified the last known location of missing man Jayden Penno-Tompsett.

As a direct result of information received from a member of the community, police have pinpointed a location along Stockroute Road as the area in which Mr Penno-Tompsett was last seen between 9.30am and 11am on the morning of December 31, 2017.

https://www.facebook.com/thenorther...048033745087/2012341038782435/?type=3&theater

Thanks SA still a bit off with my links appreciate you reposing this
What's really odd is that is the total opposite side of town to where the servo is ?? It is the direction out of town towards Townsville but nowhere near the servo ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SA still a bit off with my links appreciate you reposing this
What's really odd is that is the total opposite side of town to where the servo is ?? It is the direction out of town towards Townsville but nowhere near the servo ?!?!

If the servo is the Caltex one in Charters Towers, then the direction looks okay to me. Stockroute Road runs parallel to the Flinders Highway (in blue in the pic), which is the highway they would take to travel in the Townsville/Cairns direction.

Have no idea why they would have detoured off the main highway, though, to be on Stockroute Road.

jsfuix.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...a11d34e134ccfb4!2m2!1d146.268756!2d-20.077396

If the servo is the Caltex one in Charters Towers, then the direction looks okay to me. Stockroute Road runs parallel to the Flinders Highway (in blue in the pic), which is the highway they would take to travel in the Townsville/Cairns direction.

Have no idea why they would have detoured off the main highway, though, to be on Stockroute Road.

jsfuix.jpg

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...a11d34e134ccfb4!2m2!1d146.268756!2d-20.077396

Totally - but originally he was last there, that's why all the searches were down on that side of town. I can only imagine more info was provided. I am hoping the friend said something like " we stopped at servo, drove for a bit and he jumped out" and they have taken it literally with original search area
Only a couple things spring to mind with info we know and that is he got out and just headed up that road cranky ? And the mate has come back soon after and not been able to finds him and that's what the call out to people who helped the car driver was about
Or they have driven down there which is odd if you don't know anyone. It's not even the type of road you could accidentally turn down ?
Only other reason is were they looking for someone ? Meeting up for unknown reasons ? They seemed to be in town for a fair while for people just travelling through ? After driving a long way ?

New article.

AS the desperate search for Jayden Penno-Tompsett goes on, the last person to see him has denied he is “some heartless prick that just left him there to die” ..........

Mr Tattersall said as well as speaking to police he had spent “days” looking for his mate.
He denied his story had changed, and said he was doing everything he could to help police discover the mystery property where he left him.

Asked why he drove off and continued on to Cairns as planned, he said he was “owed money” there that he needed to fix his car. He said the vehicle was “on the verge of breaking down”.
“I had to wait about 4/5 days until I could get it fixed. Otherwise if I didn’t do what I did I’d be stuck in Charters Towers with no money or nothing myself.”

He did not say what the argument was over but claimed Mr Penno-Tompsett had told him there was a warrant out for his arrest. This sparked an angry exchange with his father, who denied any warrant existed.

Charters Towers Senior Sergeant Graham Lohmann told news.com.au they were “more than satisfied” at the assistance Mr Tattersall had given police.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/9671b0aef725b838f1a137b211d8e805
The last person to see Jayden Penno-Tompsett breaks his silence
JANUARY 10, 2018

I know that people have stated that he goes off the grid when he needs alone time but 11 days without food and money and medication is extreme. I really don't think this will end well.

I know that people have stated that he goes off the grid when he needs alone time but 11 days without food and money and medication is extreme. I really don't think this will end well.

Also the heat I think was insane that weekend up around that way.
Around 37 Saturday and 39.7 Sunday the Tuesday after got to 41. Its dry and the air is thick with heat. If you are not normally in that heat it takes very minimal time to dehydrate and suffer heat stroke.

I just took a look at Stock Route Road on Google Earth. There are only 8 buildings on that road. There are two that sit further back from the road, so may have a skull on a post as a marker.

Google Earth will not street-walk down that road, so it seems the Google Earth camera has not actually travelled that dirt road. Can only get a satellite view. Lots and lots of scrubland around there. I wonder if they should be getting the sniffer dogs out, now that they have apparently pinpointed the relevant property.

I hate to see this case get like the case of Kyle Coleman in Mount Isa.

I read somewhere that from Jayden’s phone a blank Snapchat was sent stating he was in cairns. I also read that his friend saw Jayden throw his phone into bushes. I would imagine if that was true then his phone would have been located by now.

Bit surprised by the sparse news updates on this story.

Guess it's not unlikely he's decided to be by himself, but think it's important to gauge the gravity of the situation from the parents - who seem very concerned.

I am local to the area where he is from - not went missing from. I recall a case which sounds similar, this man went missing after exiting a car was travelling in with friends.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-10/search-for-zac-family-seeking-answers-one-year-on/9135184

I hope that Jayden is home soon.

Seems that there could be a few common denominators between the two cases.

News.com.au understands the two men argued about something — possibly money — and Mr Penno-Tompsett, who was driving, pulled over and left the vehicle.
The 22-year-old had his wallet with him when he disappeared, but not his mobile phone or other personal effects, which included medication.
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...y/news-story/5920daf121e61ce096bc244215b59882

When Zac Barnes ran into bushland six weeks ago - the last time he was seen - he owed people money, it has been claimed.
Zac had no phone, identification or money when he disappeared ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rnes-missing-six-weeks-owed-people-money.html

The Zac Barnes story is really sad and I never believed for a second he went missing from where his so called friend said he did. It always seems suss to me when there is no phone. Who throws their phone into bushes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NonakaYori
Back