Australia Australia - Jenny Cook, 29, Townsville, Qld, 19 Jan 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, Google imagery is not in real time .. but it is generally dated somewhere on the page.

At the bottom of this image it says "Imagery @2014" This is the one Ausgirl zoomed in on to get her pic ... with an empty lot next to the house.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6bd5f08564d0c8f7:0x88514bf2e3f4ad76

In this street view it says "Street View Dec 2007" under the address.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...0x6bd5f08564d0c8f7:0x88514bf2e3f4ad76!6m1!1e1

I think the house seen to the left in this pic is the house that is behind and to the left ... 3 Riverwalk Way.

1264652.jpg

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...e/view/1264652.aspx+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Hi, I'm new here. Just getting the ropes of the reply function. Re: the street view link posted above of the view in 2007. The Cooks moved into 44 Shoal Water in Nov 2008. The house in the 2007 Google pic is no. 44 Shoal Water in 2007 IMO. It is covered in scaffolding and it looks as if the side fence that, in 2009, ran adjacent to the empty block, has not yet been erected.

Hi, I'm new here. Just getting the ropes of the reply function. Re: the street view link posted above of the view in 2007. The Cooks moved into 44 Shoal Water in Nov 2008. The house in the 2007 Google pic is no. 44 Shoal Water in 2007 IMO. It is covered in scaffolding and it looks as if the side fence that, in 2009, ran adjacent to the empty block, has not yet been erected.

Welcome jojo2!! :seeya:

:welcome6:

Great to have you aboard!

Another bungled police investigation...another death very quickly ruled to be a suicide...another very unimpressed coroner.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/psychiatric-hospital-death-referred-to-dpp-after-flawed-police-investigation-20140804-1008t1.html

Looks like it's not just a Queensland problem...

Oh, that's another tragic case.:facepalm:

I wonder who killed Fred Williamson? With such a hush-hush, quick suicide ruling, it makes me wonder who the perpetrator was? Were they someone in a position of power, such as an employee of the mental hospital, rather than another patient?

Although he was found on the floor of another patient's bathroom......maybe the hospital just wanted it all to go away. Very bad publicity.

Or is it that the welfare of the mentally ill is somehow deemed less important than that of a mentally 'healthy' person so they didn't bother investigating it properly?

Thanks for posting that MadDoc. I'm going to look into that case. :seeya:

Isis, note how that report never once mentions the hospital by name....

Which by association leads me to wonder why no bottle of diazepam or temazepam was handed to police with the rest of Jenny's medication. Was she prescribed those things? If so - where were the bottles? Why were they not with the rest of her medicine stash? The ephedrine and antihistamine, likewise.

It seems to me another question that was sorely neglected in the inquest. If she had drugs in her system, even 'therapeutic amounts', shouldn't there have been an attempt to verify that she actually possessed those drugs? They aren't at all mentioned in the comments regarding meds given by her doctors and therapists.

Oh, that's another tragic case.:facepalm:

I wonder who killed Fred Williamson? With such a hush-hush, quick suicide ruling, it makes me wonder who the perpetrator was? Were they someone in a position of power, such as an employee of the mental hospital, rather than another patient?

Although he was found on the floor of another patient's bathroom......maybe the hospital just wanted it all to go away. Very bad publicity.

Or is it that the welfare of the mentally ill is somehow deemed less important than that of a mentally 'healthy' person so they didn't bother investigating it properly?

Thanks for posting that MadDoc. I'm going to look into that case. :seeya:

Oh my gosh yes, a PR nightmare. :what: it is somehow less offensive to me to think that this was a PR decision and not the second option you gave. I don't know why, because either way it is being disrespectful to the individual.

Isis, note how that report never once mentions the hospital by name....

Which by association leads me to wonder why no bottle of diazepam or temazepam was handed to police with the rest of Jenny's medication. Was she prescribed those things? If so - where were the bottles? Why were they not with the rest of her medicine stash? The ephedrine and antihistamine, likewise.

It seems to me another question that was sorely neglected in the inquest. If she had drugs in her system, even 'therapeutic amounts', shouldn't there have been an attempt to verify that she actually possessed those drugs? They aren't at all mentioned in the comments regarding meds given by her doctors and therapists.

bbm. Good spotting Ausgirl. Another article does name it and I just wanted to share it, then I'll get back on topic:

Detective Senior Sergeant Sol Solomon described ''catastrophic failures'' of basic police investigatory procedures as he presented his report to the Coroners Court on Monday as part of the inquest into the death of Fred Williamson at the Austin Hospital's psychiatric unit in Heidelberg in March 2008.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-slammed-over-probe-20130617-2oelq.html#ixzz39TklHxmP

Just need to correct you- the address where the death took place is 44 Sheerwater Drive, Douglas- not Shoal Water drive.

I so hope this gets reopened. Sooooo many suspicious things.. I'm amazed how shoddy the investigation was.

From the coroner's report:

(p26)He then went back inside and turned the exterior lights on.
He recalled calling the ambulance and telling them that his wife had killed herself.

(p13, PC's phone call to Jenny's dad) He said she was sunburnt and there was a lot of blood. He then said, ‘I can hear the police arriving – I’ll have to go now.’

(p.9) Jenny was cold and stiff – he moved her lips but didn’t move her body at all;
He called 000 and they told him to do CPR;
When he first got home he thought either she’s left me or she’s killed herself;
First he thought she might have jumped from the balcony and then that she’d overdosed but someone said there was a knife there;

So. When he "first got home" he finds the dog beloved by Jenny has been locked up all day in full summer heat with no water. No wife, back door unlocked. Immediately thinks "suicide".

Later, after unpacking the dishwasher (as one does, when one believes one's wife has committed suicide), thereby noticing a large knife missing from the knife block, and then taking what must have been a heat-exhausted, dehydrated and distressed dog for a 30 minute walk (without once, for some reason, and despite several trips outside himself, allowing the poor animal access to the rear yard)...

He turns the lights on. Floodlights, even - we all know how bright those are. He kneels over her body, apparently sees "a lot of blood", his wife lying dead with a sheet tied around her head, *somehow* neglects to notice the knife, OR the fatal chest wound and thinks - "she's overdosed, or jumped"?

Okay, uh-huh.

Ten months now, since the inquest's recommendation of a new police investigation.

TWO officials called out to the scene that night, one the medical examiner, the other ranking Inspector, have been involved in murder-staged-as-suicide deaths where prison guards have proved guilty of the murder.

The Detective in charge of the case, despite admitting a *laundry list* of grievous"errors" and "oversights" in this case (and refusing to admit others, despite witness statement to the contrary), PLUS being observed to be outright dishonest in court (perjury plz?)-- received a promotion.

Okay. Uh-huh.

I hope the new investigation, when it FINALLY gets done, is done by people very far removed from that particular group. Honest cops. I hear they actually do exist, these days, up north..

Just a thought... If the dog had been locked on the balcony ALL that time, wouldn't he have pooped and pee'd all over it? No mention of that, from anyone. It'd be helpful as proof the dog was indeed locked up since before Jenny's death (all day). But no mention of it, from anyone. PC manages to be annoyed by the dog having no water (but not annoyed enough to be concerned about serious dehydration before taking it for a walk...) enough to mention it to police.... but makes no mention of poop or pee. Which would be obvious proof, one would think, of the dog's long confinement.

I think that was the thing that's been bothering me all this time, re the dog, and couldn't put my finger on.

A TOWNSVILLE detective has been “disciplined” for her role in the mishandled investigation of a woman’s death six years ago.
The Queensland Police Service Ethical Standards Command has finalised its probe into the adequacy of the investigation of Jenny Lee Cook’s death and recommendations made by Coroner Jane Bentley.
A police spokesman said “appropriate action” had been taken against the detective, “… the outcome of which is confidential”.
“The QPS determined (that) following the investigation no further action was required. The matter is now finalised,” a statement read.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gled-death-probe/story-e6freon6-1227287262594

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't understand that if she plunged herself onto the knife, how could she have pulled it from her chest, moved and wedged it into the side of the screen. I would also question the mishandling by DS Osborn. Did she has any connection to the husband. How long does it take for a body to rigor. Couldn't Jenny have been slain early morning. What time did her husband leave for work? Also I question of all the things one might notice when you first come home from work, why did Mr. Cook take note a knife was missing?

Ok there is something more going on here. Suicide does not make sense. Jenny was a strong woman, definitely capable of standing upto her husband. I cannot imagine Mr. Cook going ahead with an affair after his wife's death if he had truly loved her.

This is heart breaking for her parents commenting to bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like such an easy case. Where did her husband work. How she died makes no sense to call it a suicide. The string on the knife handle probably made it hard to get fingerprints off of it. I bet there was one on the spine of the knife. From reading what I did, it seemed like she would have used pain pills if she was wanting to do it. I think he walked the dog and took a shower and texted her to establish that he wasn't there. Or he was psyching himself up for what he was about to reveal. When she hurt her back, he probably got tired of it and wanted out. He got her money from work too. Covering the face usually says it was someone that cared about the person and didn't want to see their face in that way. If she did it, when did she put the stuff on ??? Before, she wouldn't be able see the knife. After, there's no way she could have done it then. There was no guarantee the knife was going to stay straight anyway. He has 3 motives. Tired of her being hurt, no sex and money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back