GUILTY Australia - Jessie Fullerton, 22, & Rebecca Wild, 16, Quorn, SA, 5 Dec 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you know who he is.? Initials please? I checked Jessie's page and saw that post that was deleted but didn't take any notice of who was on it. I actually clicked onto all their names and can't remember them! I'll look in my history tonight. I do know how to check cached versions but have a feeling Facebook doesn't allow it? I'll look tonight, I'll get the site you go to off my boyfriend and post it as I don't know his name or formspring name, if you can put that up I can have a look?

I think I read somewhere that her parents said she hadn't used her phone and her Facebook was deactivated while she was missing? Could have been a mix up with what was written though.

ok found a pic of him from July in J's FB Mobile pics....

I hadn't seen that photo but yes, that's the guy I found.

How do you know who he is.? Initials please?

ok found a pic of him from July in J's FB Mobile pics....

google and facebook 'view by public posts' will tell you almost anything....

and yes, that's settles my concerns that I may been wrong (the photo)....unbelievable.

Also looking at pics of the SES crew attached to the murder, I wonder if he's the one with the beard? No clear image though...

No beard, Jmbr …… glasses .... IMO (Thanks for the sleuthing tips EveD, very helpful :))

I wonder if SAPOL continue to keep his identity suppressed to help protect the community of Quorn and the couple he lived with from a further media onslaught?

Many people in Quorn resent the media interest in a double murder done, allegedly, by someone who lived among them.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-leigh-fullerton/story-e6frea83-1226532451634

MOO

One of the many things that is bugging me is that on the FB posts circulating while she was still missing (Rebecca) is that they mentioned that her FB had been closed. I take this to mean that he parents or someone else did not do that (to keep personal information private)? Did HE make her close it? And deactivate his at the same time? And yet all his other stuff is there for everyone to find....... just seems weird. If I wanted to delete my FB account for whatever reason, I would do the same for every other one as well.
So very sad for the victims, their friends and families. Just cannot believe a 19 year old could do that (same as Kapunda - still can't believe that one either!).

Yes. That's what gave it away for me, I didn't get his name before he was deleted, though I did look at all comments on that status. Is that his real name in the comment of that photo?

Also looking at pics of the SES crew attached to the murder, I wonder if he's the one with the beard? No clear image though...

Yep that's his real first name.......

Ah the name isn't not leading me anywhere! I spoke to someone who knows Aunty or cousin of R and they did meet on Internet :/ why's a young girl meeting men online? Then again he isn't in the age bracket that is considered "dangerous" to young girls online.

Ah the name isn't not leading me anywhere! I spoke to someone who knows Aunty or cousin of R and they did meet on Internet :/ why's a young girl meeting men online? Then again he isn't in the age bracket that is considered "dangerous" to young girls online.

One of the news videos online said they met online 2 weeks prior (Rebecca & Accused)

So very sad for the victims, their friends and families. Just cannot believe a 19 year old could do that (same as Kapunda - still can't believe that one either!).

And is this 19-year old the next generation of (alleged) murderers who has a less-than-ideal childhood/youth, has a suppressed history for the next 10-20 years, then is released back into society to come across a Sarah Cafferkey or Jill Meagher?

And is this 19-year old the next generation of (alleged) murderers who has a less-than-ideal childhood/youth, has a suppressed history for the next 10-20 years, then is released back into society to come across a Sarah Cafferkey or Jill Meagher?

Exactly what I was thinking. "Oh he has an excuse for this, he had a tough childhood, let him out in 10 years and he'll be rehabilitated" though the Kaunda murderer got 35 years minimum, and would've got 40 if he didn't plead guilty. He had a tough childhood etc. so lets hope it's the same judge.

I am not familiar with Australian law but why are they keeping this guys identity from the public? I even checked some Facebook accounts and no-one is identifying him in there. They are condemning him but no names are given.

I am not so sure about the name. The missing posts that were circulated gave another name starting with J (this I found through google). When I put THAT name into FB search by public posts I came across a conversation between some people in 'the area' who were saying that it had been "confirmed that it was (J name) aka (E name)"

the deviant art is under the J name BUT myspace under E name. I think that at one stage the FB account was under J but was changed to E (not sure though).

what name is the meetme profile under?

One of the many things that is bugging me is that on the FB posts circulating while she was still missing (Rebecca) is that they mentioned that her FB had been closed. I take this to mean that he parents or someone else did not do that (to keep personal information private)? Did HE make her close it? And deactivate his at the same time? And yet all his other stuff is there for everyone to find....... just seems weird. If I wanted to delete my FB account for whatever reason, I would do the same for every other one as well.

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum.

I have a law-enforcement background, and whilst Facebook and social media has radically changed since I was in the job (which scarily enough, wasn't that long ago!), I think I can shed some light on these questions.

From my internet research, I think that the male may have posted some quite damning evidence in the forms of notes and art in the last few months. These may have been created in the months that he had separated from his girlfriend. At the time of disappearance of the 16 year, I believe police would have become aware of this content quite quickly and have suppressed it prior to the offences becoming apart of the public domain.

In recent cases in Australia, we have seen social media becoming a ground for either help or hindrance to an investigation. In the case of Meagher, the use of social media was of huge benefit to the police. However, in this case with the expired links, I feel that the police were swift in preserving evidence by blocking online information. I don't think the police are trying to hide the defendant's name, but merely preserving evidence as they would at a crime scene.

I have to disagree that the reason for the name suppression was due to the defendant being recognised; or the elderly couple being named - as the entire community in Quorn would already know these details. The reasons for suppression and the fact that neither the people of Port Pirie or Quorn are talking is simply because the online evidence is so damning - if they were to talk they may run the risk of losing very serious evidence left by the defendant.

I think police are just beginning to realise that internet trails are just as valuable as a DNA strand... but that is just IMHO. :)

I think police are just beginning to realise that internet trails are just as valuable as a DNA strand... but that is just IMHO.

Thanks twisted piglet! What you say about keeping his identity under wraps while they gather and preserve all relevant flotsam floating around cyberspace makes a lot of sense. We were really struggling with the reason for suppression … think we now may have the answer :)

I am not familiar with Australian law but why are they keeping this guys identity from the public? I even checked some Facebook accounts and no-one is identifying him in there. They are condemning him but no names are given.

Two words .... sub judice. This link will explain it better than I ever could ....

Sub judice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if they suppress the guys identity, as they have .... we obey.

Thanks for the link South Aussie, that explains it precisely.

The biggest problem law-enforcement face is the fact that the internet & social media is evolving at a rapid rate - and unfortunately we are bound by so many archaic laws that do not account for offences of stalking and harassment that may occur on these mediums.

To put it into perspective (for those who may remember) Peter Sutcliffe AKA, the Yorkshire Ripper was interviewed on numerous occassions for the multiple murders he did. Unfortunately, at the time, the police were working with a paper record, which meant there were no way to cross-reference information that was gathered by different police. In that sad instance, it also meant there were many more lives lost.

Judicial systems have always been the last frontier to new technology, and unfortunately it means that lives are lost. In this particular case, I'm actually happy to see the way the evidence has been preserved and handled so that a jury will see the sick and twisted mind the accused has portrayed in a public forum. I hope it's a new era for law-enforcement across the whole of Australia.

I am not so sure about the name. The missing posts that were circulated gave another name starting with J (this I found through google). When I put THAT name into FB search by public posts I came across a conversation between some people in 'the area' who were saying that it had been "confirmed that it was (J name) aka (E name)"

the deviant art is under the J name BUT myspace under E name. I think that at one stage the FB account was under J but was changed to E (not sure though).

what name is the meetme profile under?

He had two profiles, one under the E and one under the J but you could see the connection. The Meetme is under E.

I have a law-enforcement background, and whilst Facebook and social media has radically changed since I was in the job (which scarily enough, wasn't that long ago!), I think I can shed some light on these questions.

From my internet research, I think that the male may have posted some quite damning evidence in the forms of notes and art in the last few months. These may have been created in the months that he had separated from his girlfriend. At the time of disappearance of the 16 year, I believe police would have become aware of this content quite quickly and have suppressed it prior to the offences becoming apart of the public domain.

In recent cases in Australia, we have seen social media becoming a ground for either help or hindrance to an investigation. In the case of Meagher, the use of social media was of huge benefit to the police. However, in this case with the expired links, I feel that the police were swift in preserving evidence by blocking online information. I don't think the police are trying to hide the defendant's name, but merely preserving evidence as they would at a crime scene.

I have to disagree that the reason for the name suppression was due to the defendant being recognised; or the elderly couple being named - as the entire community in Quorn would already know these details. The reasons for suppression and the fact that neither the people of Port Pirie or Quorn are talking is simply because the online evidence is so damning - if they were to talk they may run the risk of losing very serious evidence left by the defendant.

I think police are just beginning to realise that internet trails are just as valuable as a DNA strand... but that is just IMHO. :)

Hi twistedpiglet & welcome to WS. Thanks for taking the time to explain the above.

Does anyone have a link to the footage with SES helping with the search?

VERY interesting accusations being made on FB by people about accused... Searched public posts using "J" name... certain things about his possible past? Is a similar situation as JM and SC if true....

May have been someone jumping the gun a bit....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee
Back