GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what led up to LE finding the guy?

Of course... EVERYONE is wondering this! :doh:

Subtle difference ... arrested but not YET charged

He will be charged very shortly (most likely) have sufficient statements to determine the key charges.

Remember that this is still the critical phase to get information for further court actions (before he gets all lawyered up). Focus is information - charges will come in due course.

7.30 Report just did live cross to reporter outside St Kilda Police station - nothing new apart from what's already been reported.

Subtle difference ... arrested but not YET charged

He will be charged very shortly (most likely) have sufficient statements to determine the key charges.

Remember that this is still the critical phase to get information for further court actions (before he gets all lawyered up). Focus is information - charges will come in due course.

True and he may not be alone, they keep mentioning the footage of him running and the car, stating it has not been released. That may hold all the information they need.

If there were two and this is a sex crime, there is a chance she could be alive. they may have been taunting her. All MOO

"Police have confirmed its blue hoodie guy & he had no known association with Jill Meagher. It's believed he has no serious criminal history"

https://twitter.com/andreapetrie
Supreme Court Reporter at The Age

No serious criminal history could mean anything, I guess. But it suggests to me that he was already known to the police, perhaps for more minor crimes or at least has been a suspect previously. MOO.

I think they are waiting to find her alive or process the murder charge. At this stage it is only abduction.

I dearly hope she is being held somewhere. Being held captive would be something ongoing counselling could eventually heal.

Perhaps they can only bring him in on abduction charges until they find her ... I don't want to even type the word.

There is a LOT of very careless tweeting going on! Things like "Alleged killer" when we don't even know if she is alive or not.

Everyone needs to be really careful - a defence team would have a ball with all these tweets and the effect on a potential jury

If the suspect is involved in other reported crimes, hopefully they were able to collect DNA from other victims.

There is a LOT of very careless tweeting going on! Things like "Alleged killer" when we don't even know if she is alive or not.

Everyone needs to be really careful - a defence team would have a ball with all these tweets and the effect on a potential jury

Can always have the trial in a different jurisdiction, or opt for judge-only.

I couldn't agree more ... so far we don't know if Jill is dead or alive or if BH is the one to tell us, we will just have to wait. Congrats to Vic police at least things should move quickly from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust