GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear when this was first published it said
"She wasn't even supposed to be around here..."
Then it made sense - the female pizza employee checked the footage, not expecting to see anything as Jill hadn't been reported as being in that area.

sayitaintso posted this back here

I swear it read it as "she wasn't supposed to be around here." Too. I remember it was published the morning after the arrest and it really struck me.

Then it made sense - the female pizza employee checked the footage, not expecting to see anything as Jill hadn't been reported as being in that area.

Me too - I didn't want to say anything.

I have noticed a lot of changes in online stories. I guess this is a huge chance for print media to deliver breaking news so much more often, and editing can be done online (it shouldn't be).

I need to correct myself and apologies. Jill was heading north. I have no idea why I thought it was south. I am, however, going to blame apples iO6 maps and say that's why. Goggle earth cleared it up for me.

God Bless goggle ;) lol

Why do people think it will be a legal aid lawyer representing the alleged perp? My guess is that with a high profile case like this, lawyers would be clammering to get their names in lights. I could be wrong of course! <snipped>

You could be right Leo. I guess I am mentioning legal aid because one of the links in the last few pages mentioned a legal aid lawyer appeared at the morning's hearing with him. But if he can't afford to pay for a lawyer, then it is possible that a private lawyer will offer their services to him pro bono.

Regarding the scream ... unfortunately I have noticed that children seem to be allowed to scream from a young age at home, schools and so on (girls seem to be particularly prone to this.) Recently I lived for some years next to a primary school playground and heard screaming regularly.

As a result screaming is not an unusual sound and is often not regarded seriously.

I think that children should be discouraged from screaming unless they are actually in danger or afraid. Screaming should be an urgent cry for help only.

I distinctly remember it as "I wasn't supposed to be around here"

I thought it sounded like either the Pizza place was shut being Sunday or she wasn't on duty but she thought maybe she should go in to check the cctcv.

I swear it read it as "she wasn't supposed to be around here." Too. I remember it was published the morning after the arrest and it really struck me.

http://www.optuszoo.com.au/news/top/herald-sun/brunswick-locals-in-shock-after-arrest/795097
Sorry to persist, but here is the pizza shop employee's quote using "she wasn't supposed to be around here"

It's also listed as a quote on the bottom of this site too

http://news.silobreaker.com/brunswick-locals-in-shock-after-arrest-5_2266004151001415784

Others I have been able to find by googling all simply lead back to the same link using "I" instead.
In my opinion of course, it looks like it could have been changed for some reason. :)

do we know if there were any places between duchess and the pizza shop that were still open?

we know Alasya (turkish place) was open.

Its bugging me why Jill didn't go into somewhere that was open. The only reasons I can think of why she didn't are that she didn't feel threatened or she felt so threatened that she didn't dare cause a scene.

Hey, I have been following this in depth for 3 days now. You are correct. It did say "She" and definitely not "I" in the original.

The guy who did the walk and talk video from the bridal shop to Lux way said as he was walking from the bridal shop to the Hope St corner that all these shops would have been closed and not lit up like the bridal shop.

You could be right Leo. I guess I am mentioning legal aid because one of the links in the last few pages mentioned a legal aid lawyer appeared at the morning's hearing with him. But if he can't afford to pay for a lawyer, then it is possible that a private lawyer will offer their services to him pro bono.

Pro bono and book rights.

Regarding the scream ... unfortunately I have noticed that children seem to be allowed to scream from a young age at home, schools and so on (girls seem to be particularly prone to this.) Recently I lived for some years next to a primary school playground and heard screaming regularly.

As a result screaming is not an unusual sound and is often not regarded seriously.

I think that children should be discouraged from screaming unless they are actually in danger or afraid. Screaming should be an urgent cry for help only.

I teach young kids and am always onto them about this - blood curdling screams are certainly part of their play behaviour it seems! I tell them that it makes every adult jump and think something really horrible is wrong - I get that dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I hear it. We shouldn't become desensitised from that :(

At 2am in the morning?

Just re the map that was posted a couple of pages ago, and somebody mentioning the "laneway" running up behind the Turkish restaurant.

That's not quite correct - the laneway where the bag was found was the little laneway heading SOUTH off Hope St, not far after turning into Hope St (i.e. turn left into the laneway) The thing that was called the "laneway" on that map that was posted, is in fact, Little Breese St. That is NOT where the bag was found.

Also, the pizza shop that provided the CCTV footage was SOUTH of Hope St - number was 3-something - it was mentioned in one of the news articles this morning. The camera was looking NORTH - up towards Hope St, and towards the Duchess Boutique.

I don't think Jill did go beyond Hope St. I think she went left into Hope St, towards her normal route home, either willingly or was forced that way, and then into the little laneway to her left. I suspect - but no proof - that AB's car may well have been parked down that laneway, where you go down a little concrete ramp, and then you can turn right down another lane to get to Ovens St. But beyond THAT little laneway is some grassy, waste ground, a couple of sheds, and a load of old skips on a waste block that fronts onto Ovens St.

My suspicion is that it was down there, where AB may well have pre-positioned his car after that first walk past the Duchess camera, and where he then lured Jill to the opening of the laneway then forced her the rest of the way. And that was probably where the scream came from. And also where she may have dropped her bag. Pure guesswork, of course, on my part. But it would seem to fit the facts we have.

If you go back and find the link to that reporter who shot the video of the walk from Duchess Boutique to Jill's home area, he turned down that laneway, - in fact a guy ahead of him looked at bit worried and darted off down the laneway to Ovens St - and you can see the more desolate waste area I'm referring to. I have a feeling that that is where the crime occurred.

All he would have had to do then was drive out of the laneway, making sure traffic wasn't coming, turn right then left and he's on Sydney Rd heading north and away. From there, he may have called home to get a shovel, or he may have already had one in the back of the car.

Well - it's one theory, at least....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-body-was-found/story-fndo2dsc-1226483793882

"Police had footage from at least two shops capturing Ms Meagher's journey along Sydney Rd.

One camera was inside Duchess Boutique facing out to Sydney Rd, less than 100m from Hope St.

That footage was released to the media showing Ms Meagher approached by a man in a blue hoodie as she made her way home.

The other camera was shooting along Sydney Rd from a pizza shop farther south along the strip."

So if the pizza shop CCTV faced Sydney rd and that is past Hope st - any theories to connect the dots with the handbag in Hope Lane (if it was indeed placed back where the local found it) ?

In my opinion she intentionally walked past Hope st because being local she knew how dark and dodgy it is. I used to live in Brunswick (Glenlyon Road), and there's many dodgy streets and lane ways.

So if the pizza shop CCTV faced Sydney rd and that is past Hope st - any theories to connect the dots with the handbag in Hope Lane (if it was indeed placed back where the local found it) ?

No - the pizza shop was SOUTH of Hope St. That is - BEFORE Jill got to the Duchess Boutique and BEFORE she presumably turned left into Hope St.

See my post just above this...

do we know if there were any places between duchess and the pizza shop that were still open?

we know Alasya (turkish place) was open.

Its bugging me why Jill didn't go into somewhere that was open. The only reasons I can think of why she didn't are that she didn't feel threatened or she felt so threatened that she didn't dare cause a scene.
Is Alaysa the kebab shop that Dan Gregson went to after he was seen on CCTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme