GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely with you Fuskier. Sure looks like a handgun in a video clip previously posted. He looks like he is forcibly and menacingly beckoning her forward as he slowly moves forward also. And she feels she has no choice but to comply.

But remember if he forcibly and menacingly beckons her forward and she feels she has no use but comply .... and then she rings her brother to ask about their dad? I just can't see that happening, I can't see a gunman allowing it or a person thinking to call about her dad with a gun near her ...

It's not that simple.

As this website was referred to in social media and in the press, it is more prominent than it might previously been to Australians, even though the site is hosted overseas.

This case could set a dangerous precedent, given the crucial role of the Internet from the outset in this case.

We wouldn't want defence attorneys alleging that the defendant was ostensibly tried by Internet, and therefore can't get a fair trial.

I'd heartily recommend reading the Crikey article.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well said - and we don't want the police reluctant to seek help via social media in future Investigations.

Can we believe him? Was there further rape? violent assault? etc. The autopsy report will inform us of those facts. IMO. He has allegedly admitted to the crime and taken Police to her burial site, but the details from the autopsy will yeild what happened to Jill.

I agree. There are so many things he could have left out.

Off Topic: I have FINALLY caught up, are you all willing to go to bed for a while so I don't fall behind again? lol
Night folks, Rest in Peace Jill.

I think kebab shop lady said she heard screams, rang Police and they didn't attend.

Perhaps, sadly, they went to this Hope Street, instead?

http://goo.gl/maps/BOjLd

It's right near the border of North Carlton, Brunswick & North Fitzroy.
Nicholson St and Brunswick Rd are the major streets that separate all 3 suburbs.

I mean, I don't know what the odds are of dispatchers or patrols getting the street mixed up, but I guess you just never know.

Just doesn't make sense that police didn't show up after the Turkish lady's call, given that the Brunswick Police Station is so, so close...

in the CCTV vision of when Jill looks back to where she was walking from and the man with the blue hoodie talking to her... maybe he used that line "there is someone following you, so get in my car".... thats why she looked back?

Yes - and I wonder if the guy in black heard him say this as he walked past and this is also why he looked back. I wonder also if blue hoodie offered to walk her up further to the police station. I feel this was his strategy, as he didn't seem to be acting overly menacingly in the footage, but rather persistent. JMO.

Yes - and I wonder if the guy in black heard him say this as he walked past and this is also why he looked back. I wonder also if blue hoodie offered to walk her up further to the police station. I feel this was his strategy, as he didn't seem to be acting overly menacingly in the footage, but rather persistent. JMO.

Offered to walk her up further to police station...or offered to walk her home??

Thinking, I am in two minds.
One of them agrees with what you said above.
<modsnip>.

Does anyone still have a link handy to the Art Store footage? I've seen it once on tv but can't locate it online.

I've seen the footage too, but no link sorry.

It's really blurry/poor quality and kind of an obstructed view because of shelves/visual displays.. Nothing at all like Duchess's. Without the police saying it is Jill and <modsnip>, I wouldn't have been able to tell, to be quite honest.

Another interpretation I have made of their body language is perhaps he told her he was plainclothes
This case is really tearing me up
(how could it not)

if you google the bridal shops address at 517 sydney road brunswick victoria then go to street view then walk down to hope street to the alley way, you can see cctv cameras on two of the buildings opposite the alley, there may be more further down the alley but street view wont go down there.

<modsnip>

In response to the question: "will they be going into the intimate details of her ordeal today? :("
https://mobile.twitter.com/annamori/status/251487611238117376

Hamish Fitzsimmons replied
@annamori I think the charge sheet will allege more than is out already. They're now allegations remember though.
11:06am - 28 Sep 12

So what extra charges, besides what was public already (rape and murder - which are sickening enough, my god!) would Hamish have been expecting to hear in court? Would his thinking be based on the 'off the record' information he was privy too? My reading of his response is that the extra charges he expected, would have revealed the <modsnip> details.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I just wanted to post a big thank you to you all. I have been following this case from the beginning. I too, am 29 and from Ireland. Jill's case has touched us all, here in Ireland, Australia, and worldwide.

I have used WS throughout to gain information on the case, and am very impressed with you all. So, thank you.. Go raibh maith agat.

To Jill, Rest in Peace. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam.

I hope to be a regular from now on :)

IMO I dont think HE would have tossed the bag out, that would be leaving finger print evidence.
I think maybe she threw out her bag to indicate that she had met with foul play, report this whoever finds it and start looking for me. Do we REALLY know if the phone was no longer in the bag. Could this info be something the police were holding onto. What if she had phone recording everything in the bag, hence police on the right track of what had happen/was going to happen to her. Has the phone network released where mobile last travelled? So many possibilities.

moreinfo...this is from one of last night's reports...

The Weekend Australian has learned that Ms Meagher's mobile telephone, which had been switched off since shortly after she disappeared on Saturday morning, played a crucial role in the police investigation.

Her provider, Vodafone, helped track the location of her phone as well as providing call records which assisted detectives in making their arrest.

Victoria Police has privately thanked Vodafone for its assistance, but declined to comment on the phone's importance to the investigation

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...an-ernest-bayley/story-e6frg6nf-1226483787739

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I just wanted to post a big thank you to you all. I have been following this case from the beginning. I too, am 29 and from Ireland. Jill's case has touched us all, here in Ireland, Australia, and worldwide.

I have used WS throughout to gain information on the case, and am very impressed with you all. So, thank you.. Go raibh maith agat.

To Jill, Rest in Peace. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam.

I hope to be a regular from now on :)

Hi Eireann...& welcome/Fáilte to Websleuths...glad you could join us even though it's under such sad circumstances.

Hi Eireann...& welcome/Fáilte to Websleuths...glad you could join us even though it's under such sad circumstances.

Thank you Marlywings.

Its incredibly sad, but I hope people will learn from this. Gone are the days of trusting people and walking home alone. This tragedy will be a lesson to people I hope, it has already changed me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME