GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In relation to the memorial at the site where Jill was found...one of her close female friends PM'd me and said she wants to remember how Jill lived and not how she died...same with Anita...horrific events took place at these respective sites (Anitas being the boiler paddock at Reen Rd) and are not representative of how these women lived their lives...my personal opinion is that there are better ways to commemorate their memory

I value your input Paul. The problem is we are all pulled into the deaths because that's what is the headlines. I didn't know Jill or Anita when they were alive BUT we learn through their family's love and strength that these girls have come from incredible people, like you meeting with Coby's and then growing to love them. We feel the undying love and sadness that the families suffer and then we feel we knew these beautiful souls. As women, mothers, fathers, sisters & brothers we fear these preditors and (I/we) feel we are supporting the surviving loved ones through our keyboards without any sort of mallace or voyeurism, we are all one who love and wish them well to go on through a harder life than they once knew.
But ultimately we want justice for these incredible girls who didn't deserve such a horrid death. That's why, including you Paul, we are here right now.

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I've been following this case since I stumbled across this website while trying to find more info about Jill's disappearance. First of all I'd like to say this place seems really well run with everyone being respectful, with considered opinions and without farcial rumours etc.

As for the tragic loss of the lovely Jill Meagher, I don't think I've ever felt so drawn to a case before. Maybe it's because I'm also Irish, in my late 20s and have lived in Melbourne, but for some reason this case has consumed me. I watched it all unfold on this site a few weeks back as everyone's worst fears for Jill came true. It's a terribly sad story.

I am a bit weary of posting here because I don't think I'm quite as well informed as most, but I have one question I hope can be answered. Am I correct in saying that a person from a Pizza shop further up Sydney Road (north of Hope St.?) had seen one or both of them on the CCTV from that shop? I seem to recall that this person checked the footage after hearing about the case and was "surprised" to see them in it. This would mean that it may not have progressed straight from the Boutique to Hope St. and then the laneway. Apologies if this question has already been asked and dismissed...or if I'm making that story up!

Have read www.aussiecriminals.com.au and a post dated October 8th 2012 on Adrian Ernest Bayley by 2good2btrue1111 infers that the alleged murderer may have had a knife.
On WS we are not permitted to post rumors without a link to further evidence which prevents rumors and trolls IMO.

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I've been following this case since I stumbled across this website while trying to find more info about Jill's disappearance. First of all I'd like to say this place seems really well run with everyone being respectful, with considered opinions and without farcial rumours etc.

As for the tragic loss of the lovely Jill Meagher, I don't think I've ever felt so drawn to a case before. Maybe it's because I'm also Irish, in my late 20s and have lived in Melbourne, but for some reason this case has consumed me. I watched it all unfold on this site a few weeks back as everyone's worst fears for Jill came true. It's a terribly sad story.

I am a bit weary of posting here because I don't think I'm quite as well informed as most, but I have one question I hope can be answered. Am I correct in saying that a person from a Pizza shop further up Sydney Road (north of Hope St.?) had seen one or both of them on the CCTV from that shop? I seem to recall that this person checked the footage after hearing about the case and was "surprised" to see them in it. This would mean that it may not have progressed straight from the Boutique to Hope St. and then the laneway. Apologies if this question has already been asked and dismissed...or if I'm making that story up!

Welcome onboard Esquilax! I think we all have been lurkers at one stage until we have something to add and so we take the plunge. We all have something to offer or something missed!
:welcome6:

Hi all, I was following this thread closely up until the peace march in Melbourne and then I needed some necessary distance. I'm just wondering has anyone who knows AB (friend, ex wife, family member, coworker etc) come forward to issue any kind of official statement? Just curious to see if anyone who knows him has said anything.

Garry Lynch said at the time of his daughter Anita's funeral:

” This was not just a crime against one woman, it was a crime against womanhood itself"

I'm off to Melbourne in a couple of weeks and I'll have to wander up and down Sydney Rd while the boss spends all my money. I might take this opportunity to have a look at the CCTV situation in the area and see if anything stands out.

Kind of morbid, but I might as well put my "waiting outside smoking" to good use :innocent:

You are absolutely right.

I have taken a screenshot to show the Camera that points toward Sydney Rd, almost directly opposite the laneway. ( im pretty sure theres no camera on the next house, 2 Hope St, as u said. Had a good look and i think its maybe a small antenna or something.)

At the very least this camera (if it was running at the time) would have shown AB follow Jill down Hope St.

Although since it appears he left ahead of her, it may have caught a lot more if he was waiting for her down Hope st.

mini-UNo8C.jpg

And heres facing Sydney Rd with the alleyway to the right and the camera circled

mini-SJzGs.jpg

thanks for confirming its a camera and for posting the screenshot,these enlarged pictures are really helpful. i still think there is a camera up high at no 2 hope st also? its right up high under the roof right on the corner of the building? incredibly bad luck for the perp! especially if there are cameras in the back of the laneway too!

thanks for confirming its a camera and for posting the screenshot,these enlarged pictures are really helpful. i still think there is a camera up high at no 2 hope st also? its right up high under the roof right on the corner of the building? incredibly bad luck for the perp! especially if there are cameras in the back of the laneway too!

I think the object you're looking at up under the eaves near the corner of No 2 is actually just a siren unit for the alarm system. We have one that looks the same. Not a camera.

I think the object you're looking at up under the eaves near the corner of No 2 is actually just a siren unit for the alarm system. We have one that looks the same. Not a camera.

no, not that white box on the side of the building, its high on the front left corner next to breesy st, wish i knew how to do screen shots, maybe someone cleverer can put a pic up. it really looks like a camera, the tubular shape etc and wiring going up into the roof.

no, not that white box on the side of the building, its high on the front left corner next to breesy st, wish i knew how to do screen shots, maybe someone cleverer can put a pic up. it really looks like a camera, the tubular shape etc and wiring going up into the roof.

Aha - THAT one :) Sorry - I thought you meant the white box.

I think the one you're talking about is a power downline and transformer - here's the view of it: Is this the one?

Attachments

• Hope St power transformer.jpg
    Hope St power transformer.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
And apologies once again - NOW I see what I think you may be referring to - the small device up under the guttering just BELOW the transformer - is that the one?

Now that COULD indeed be a camera - although pointing back along Hope St - or it could be a security light.

However, I think you may be right in that it is more likely to be a camera.:

Attachments

• Camera or light Hope St.png
    Camera or light Hope St.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 51
And apologies once again - NOW I see what I think you may be referring to - the small device up under the guttering just BELOW the transformer - is that the one?

Now that COULD indeed be a camera - although pointing back along Hope St - or it could be a security light.

However, I think you may be right in that it is more likely to be a camera.:

yes!!! that one!!! thankyou for posting the screen shot, it really does look like a camera doesnt it? hopefully it was turned on that night and gave police what they need.

yes!!! that one!!! thankyou for posting the screen shot, it really does look like a camera doesnt it? hopefully it was turned on that night and gave police what they need.

Pretty sure thats a small satellite antenna

Pretty sure thats a small satellite antenna

Hmmm - I doubt it.. We don't have pay TV so I don't have a great experience with satellite antennae, but all the ones I've seen (or noticed) are typical dishes. That object in the picture is a small cylindrical object pointing downwards at an angle, and looks much more like a camera to me - possibly one of the cheaper ones you buy at Dick Smith-type stores and install yourself.

However, I'm happy to be corrected if someone knows of satellite antennae that are shaped like this.

The much bigger object on the sloping pole/tube on TOP of the roof is a power feed line and a transformer. That's the one with the wires looped so that water doesn't run down into the unit - it will run off the bottom of the loop.

screen-shot-2012-09-27-at-12-21-02-am.png

In this shot looking from the lane out towards Ovens Street, on the left side wall there is a white object at the far end about 12 feet up - camera?

It can't be seen on StreetView as it is blocked by a pole on the neighbouring building.

In this shot looking from the lane out towards Ovens Street, on the left side wall there is a white object at the far end about 12 feet up - camera?

It can't be seen on StreetView as it is blocked by a pole on the neighbouring building.

Yup - no way around that pole on Street View. The rotating camera on top of the Google car just got those two shots - one just before that laneway with the pole blocking the view of that object, and one JUST past the laneway such that you can't quite see around the corner... - bummer! ;)

But given that there appears to be another one of those alarm system siren boxes above the door of that building, and a wire running around the corner, it would be reasonable to presume that it COULD be a camera linked into a security system. Well spotted!

It seems that there may be more than 1 or 2 CCTV cameras covering that area, although none probably cover the dark area down the laneway where I suspect the dirty deed occurred. However, it could well be that the police have footage from one or more of those cameras showing evidence of what happened.

The other thing to bear in mind is that a lot of those smaller CCTVs don't actually record - particularly the amateur-bought and installed ones. They're more to act as a deterrent, or to enable somebody inside the building to see who is at the door, like that one on the corner of the building in Hope St, I suspect. But we may know much more once the case hits the courts.

http://images.theage.com.au/2012/10/20/3730733/art-reclaim-620x349.jpg
Around 5000 people have marched against "victim blaming" in a Reclaim the Night rally, following the alleged abduction and murder of Melbourne woman Jill Meagher.
It seems that people are responding with appropriate 'outrage' about the abduction, rape, murder and burial of Jill Meagher in Brunswick recently IMO.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...m-the-night-20121020-27yln.html#ixzz29tPQWxUe

A good response from Victoria Police is happening: Brunswick police host public community day on Sunday 21 October from 10am – 2pm at Clifton Park, Albert Street Brunswick. [Kate Millar Media Officer VP22745/2012] http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au
In partnership with Moreland City Council, Inspector Dean McGowan said this is an opportunity for locals to discuss safety concerns they may have.The Dog Squad, Mounted Branch and The Police Air Wing will drop in among other things. This seems to be a very constructive step in my opinion. Lets hope the people will call for tougher sentencing for repeat offenders and 'never to be released' stamped on their records.

How did you get down the lane on Street View?

Its not possible for me, can only do Street View on Hope and Ovens

ANyway here is the object as seen from Ovens St

Camera or light? You decide.

mini-WGowF.jpg

http://images.theage.com.au/2012/10/20/3730733/art-reclaim-620x349.jpg
Around 5000 people have marched against "victim blaming" in a Reclaim the Night rally, following the alleged abduction and murder of Melbourne woman Jill Meagher.
It seems that people are responding with appropriate 'outrage' about the abduction, rape, murder and burial of Jill Meagher in Brunswick recently IMO.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/t...m-the-night-20121020-27yln.html#ixzz29tPQWxUe

A good response from Victoria Police is happening: Brunswick police host public community day on Sunday 21 October from 10am – 2pm at Clifton Park, Albert Street Brunswick. [Kate Millar Media Officer VP22745/2012] http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au
In partnership with Moreland City Council, Inspector Dean McGowan said this is an opportunity for locals to discuss safety concerns they may have.The Dog Squad, Mounted Branch and The Police Air Wing will drop in among other things. This seems to be a very constructive step in my opinion. Lets hope the people will call for tougher sentencing for repeat offenders and 'never to be released' stamped on their records.

There was an interesting altercation with a now ex-friend last weekend where he raised the issue of "why are people so up in arms about this one killing"...before attempting to go into a rave about what soldiers do in wartime etc...and my response was pretty explosive...I hear the same rubbish in 1986 about Anita...then Janine Balding...I really dont understand this mentality...ultimately women are raped and/or killed because a certain type of man thinks its his right...victim blaming is vile and must be addressed wherever it is encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal