Found Deceased Australia - Jody Meyers, 20, Mannum, SA, 26 Aug 2015 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Will his parents be charged with being accessories (at least the mother, anyway)? Surely she knew?

I must be dense. Why?

You're not dense, maybe I am! It just feels a bit co-incidental that's all. Both went missing withing a couple of days of each other. Mother-in-law was charged yesterday morning, Daniel was found yesterday afternoon, Jody's partner was charged in the early hours of this morning, Jody was found this afternoon. Also it has been said that mutual friends of each other knew of each other, if that makes sense. Probably just me reading too much into it.

This was published today in relation to Daniel Hind.

Police had already identified a person of interest over the murder.
“The investigation has been progressing steadily over the recent weeks and we do have someone that we are seriously having a look at,” he said. “We think (it’s) most likely Daniel was murdered on the night he disappeared. We’ve got one person that we are really interested in and we will just see how the investigation goes in the next few days.”
Police have confirmed that 10 minutes after he left the Beadell St house, Mr Hind’s credit card was used at the White Horse Inn at Bolivar to purchase alcohol.

SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 6:54AM

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ther-daniel-hind/story-fns0kb1g-1227543038072

I have a feeling that somehow these two murders are connected...

Lets hope it doesn't turn into snowtown #2
Both the Hind and Meyers cases involved use of the person bank card/ credit card although one in Bolivar for alcohol other in Mannum main St for cash.
The MI in snowtown was similar although the perpetrators assumed the identities of the victims to claim their centrelink payments.

You're not dense, maybe I am! It just feels a bit co-incidental that's all. Both went missing withing a couple of days of each other. Mother-in-law was charged yesterday morning, Daniel was found yesterday afternoon, Jody's partner was charged in the early hours of this morning, Jody was found this afternoon. Also it has been said that mutual friends of each other knew of each other, if that makes sense. Probably just me reading too much into it.

I don't think it's impossible. Nothing I'd read in MSM had linked it and hadn't made the jump in my mind myself.

Jody Meyers case: Body found under tool shed as partner charged with her murder

A body thought to be that of missing South Australian woman Jody Meyers has been recovered from beneath a tool shed in Mannum, east of Adelaide, shortly after her partner was charged with her murder.

Mannum man Neil Archer, 29, was arrested by detectives overnight and appeared in court for the first time charged with murder.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-...r-murder-of-missing-woman-jody-meyers/6804018

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 171
The day after Ms Meyers’ disappearance, her Bank SA ATM card was used to withdraw money from the Mannum branch.

Mr Archer’s mother, Margaret Archer, was arrested on Wednesday and charged with theft for allegedly using Ms Meyers’ bank card.

During the investigation into Ms Meyers’ disappearance, police said their only person of interest was Archer.

Police on Friday night told The Advertiser they had seized CCTV footage from Bunnings at Murray Bridge. It has been reported that a person linked to the case bought bags of cement there three days after Ms Meyers disappeared.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...543260916?sv=a1fc46df10d56605c5d30b87ec2b4343

BBM.

Nine news now.
Family did not know Jody was buried in the shed and they now want privacy.

Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking that if poor Jody was 20 years old and had a 2 year old to a man who is nearly 30, he was around 27 years old when he got a teenage girl pregnant.

That is not okay. On top of being a murderer he sounds like an evil, abusive predator IMO.

Margaret Archer, mother of man charged with Jody Meyers’ murder, Neil Archer, appears in court over alleged bank card theft

THE mother of a man accused of the murder of Jody Meyers has faced court charged with using Ms Meyers’ bank card the day after her disappearance.

Margaret Archer, 55, appeared in the Murray Bridge Magistrates Court on Wednesday morning charged with theft after allegedly using Ms Meyers’ bank card to withdraw $250 from the Mannum Bank SA branch on August 27.

During Margaret Archer’s brief court appearance on Wednesday, her image also was suppressed.

She was remanded on continuing bail to appear in court again on October 19.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...550648422?sv=da8a03ad20e54a135435233fa550584b

Accused murderer Neil Archer’s mother, Margaret, faces court charged with using victim’s bank card

October 19, 2015 9:19pm

THE mother of an accused murderer says she will fight a charge that she used the victim’s bank card after her disappearance.

Margaret Archer appeared in Murray Bridge Magistrates Court on Monday charged with one count of theft, over her alleged use of Jody Meyers’ card to withdraw $250 from the Bank SA branch at Mannum on August 27.

Neil Archer was charged with murder and has been remanded in custody awaiting trial.

His mother appeared briefly in court on Monday on the theft charge, which her lawyer said would be contested by the 55-year old.

Magistrate Bob Harrap remanded Archer on continuing bail to face court again next month and revoked a suppression order barring publication of her image.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sou...ictims-bank-card/story-fnii5yv4-1227574645816

Jody Meyers case: Suppression order lifted on photos of alleged killer Neil Archer

Updated about 2 hours ago

A suppression order on the image of a man accused of murdering his 20-year-old partner, Jody Meyers, has been lifted by the Adelaide Magistrates Court.

Neil Archer, 30, from Mannum, has faced the Adelaide Magistrates Court charged with Ms Meyers' murder.

Archer will return to court on February 23.

Archer's mother, Margaret, has been charged with theft for allegedly using Ms Meyers' bank card to withdraw cash from an ATM the day after the young mother disappeared.

She is due to appear in court for a pre-trial conference on December 15.

From February:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/ed2721afef29e57d99f871a4ec7652fa

The suspected murder weapon likely used to kill mother Jody Meyers is a grey cord, prosecutors say...

[Margaret Archer] was previously charged with theft over allegations she withdrew $250 from Ms Meyers’ bank account. But that charge was subsequently withdrawn, and replaced in December with the accusations she assisted an offender, when she was refused bail.

A previous hearing was told Neil Archer’s siblings will testify that their mother directed them to burn evidence after he allegedly killed Ms Meyers.

Margaret Archer is also accused of buying bags of concrete mix from two Mannum hardware stores and... is also claimed to have bought an Optus voucher and used it to send a “deceptive” text message to Ms Meyers’ family, claiming she had broken up with Neil Archer and would be “out of contact for sometime”.

From last week:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...r/news-story/c47315dfadea4fc5543431bb6a7c87c7

The prosecution of a man charged with the murder of mother Jody Meyers has been further delayed by new evidence, a court has heard...

Archer has yet to plead to one count of murder while his mother has not entered a plea to one count of assisting an offender...

Magistrate Jayanthi McGrath remanded the pair in custody to appear in court next month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back