Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several pages back, someone posted that the park they'd been staying at was not the Riviera park as cited by some media, but was in fact the Riverside Ski Park Caravan Park | Riverside Ski Park | Hawkesbury New South Wales (as claimed by other media). And if you look at the accommodation at Riverside, you can see enclosed caravans similar to KM's as shown in media

The news video in the below calls it "Riviera Ski Park
The accompanying article calls it "Riviera Ski Gardens"

For a claimed news exclusive, it's pretty pathetic that they can't even get the name right.

CM’s mother's caravan searched, declared a crime scene in murder investigation

The news video in the below calls it "Riviera Ski Park
The accompanying article calls it "Riviera Ski Gardens"

For a claimed news exclusive, it's pretty pathetic that they can't even get the name right.

CM’s mother's caravan searched, declared a crime scene in murder investigation

And add to that it's 'Riverside', not 'Riviera'. With the Riverside park being described in some media as 'budget' and even as 'low' something or other. But the confusion is understandable in the circumstances with media outlets seeking to be first with something new. Guess at least we can be reasonably sure now that the accused didn't give anything away to investigators, in light of the fact KM's 'shack' (as described in some media) was only declared a crime-scene on Friday afternoon 21 Jan. Maybe someone quite recently tipped off police to the fact KM had been staying there?

Police arrived armed with a search warrant, forensic kits and brown evidence bags on Friday at Riviera Ski Gardens, one of a number of caravan parks clustered on bends of the Hawkesbury River where it joins up to the Colo River.

The park which has around 63 cabins, caravans and shacks on ten hectares with almost half a kilometre of river frontage.

It is about 20km east of where police found CM's body inside a barrel dumped in bushland on a bank of the Colo River.

Detectives and forensic officers swarmed over every inch of the white 1970s van (caravan) and a nearby cabin in the grounds of the Riviera Ski Gardens at Lower Portland on the Hawkesbury River, 80km north-east of Sydney.

Forensic officers in white overalls and wearing gloves painstakingly inspected the various points of entry at the caravan and cabin, searching windows, screens and crevices and removing many bags of evidence.

The caravan and cabin remain under police guard overnight.

alleged-murder

Last edited:
Residents at the secluded location recalled seeing a 'chatty' CM on a ferry to the campsite alongside her alleged killer JS just days before the schoolgirl died.

Witnesses said the murder accused was behaving oddly during the trip, silently 'staring straight ahead'.

alleged-murder

Don't like the sound of that. A silent companion is enough to intimidate even an assured adult. Wonder if CM noticed his demeanor? And why was he like that in response to a chatty little kid?

Don't like the sound of that. A silent companion is enough to intimidate even an assured adult. Wonder if CM noticed his demeanor? And why was he like that in response to a chatty little kid?

CM was described as ‘sprightly’ by her school which I take to mean lively and full of energy.

Maybe he wasn’t enjoying his babysitting duties.

Police arrived armed with a search warrant, forensic kits and brown evidence bags on Friday at Riviera Ski Gardens, one of a number of caravan parks clustered on bends of the Hawkesbury River where it joins up to the Colo River.

The park which has around 63 cabins, caravans and shacks on ten hectares with almost half a kilometre of river frontage.

It is about 20km east of where police found CM's body inside a barrel dumped in bushland on a bank of the Colo River.

Detectives and forensic officers swarmed over every inch of the white 1970s van (caravan) and a nearby cabin in the grounds of the Riviera Ski Gardens at Lower Portland on the Hawkesbury River, 80km north-east of Sydney.

Forensic officers in white overalls and wearing gloves painstakingly inspected the various points of entry at the caravan and cabin, searching windows, screens and crevices and removing many bags of evidence.

alleged-murder
In the news article, it is said that” 2 men under police guard sat motionless nearby”. Don’t tell me there is a collection of men involved here… please.

In the news article, it is said that” 2 men under police guard sat motionless nearby”. Don’t tell me there is a collection of men involved here… please.

Media reports re this case appear even less reliable than usual. It's claimed by some of them that the parents of JS own the ski-garden park. Yet in the article cited above, this is said: ' The elderly couple who own the park were visibly upset by the police search of the caravan and cabin and police had to intervene after a confrontation between the couple and media.'

Guess the elderly couple could refer to the parents of JS, although his mother is described by media as being 56, which isn't generally considered elderly these days. Plus the parents of JS are described elsewhere as 'divorced for ten years', so would they meet up at the ski park to confront media?

The '2 men under police guard' aren't handcuffed as far as I can see. Not sure what it's about from the photo. Neither seems capable of making a run for it or getting too far, but then the 'police guard' don't appear ready for it if they did

Elsewhere, I saw a photo of KM's cabin which has been on the front page of the Telegraph apparently. I'd say media descriptions of the place as a 'shack' are accurate, even generous. Not where I'd put my young daughter

The latest Mail Online article about KM being in rehab in November must have occurred in the same month that JS was released on parole. Which would mean that within days after his release, he paid $20,000 to rehabilitate KM?

And I don't get the time-line re: CM's visit to her mother. I've seen media claiming she arrived in Sydney on 21 Dec. But CM was murdered in mid-Jan approx. Multiple articles have stated CM's holiday with her mother was to be for two weeks

In light of the many contradictory reports, I certainly hope there's an innocent explanation for 'the two men under police guard sat motionless nearby' and not a case of ' a collection of men involved ' -- although at this point I'm trying to gear up mentally for the worst

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

“A ute towing a boat similar to that police allege <S> tried to use to dump Charlise’s body was captured on CCTV passing the popular Tractor 828 cafe at Ebenezer about 2.20am last Friday, January 14; six hours before <M> made the call to triple-0 to report her daughter missing.”

This report of movements at 02:20 is interesting. Hadn’t seen this mentioned before now. How does it fit with the vehicle leaving Mount Wilson around 04:00?

Last edited:
Nowhere does it mention towing the boat to Five Dock

Police say that, between last Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, JS allegedly murdered CM.

He towed a boat from the Mount Wilson property and tried to dump the schoolgirl’s body in the Hawkesbury River, but was unable to start the vessel.

So he drove his ute to the Colo River, where he allegedly planned to cast CM into the water inside a barrel filled with the sand he had bought from a Bunnings hardware store last Thursday afternoon. But it was all too heavy for him to shift, forcing him to allegedly leave it on the water’s edge.
C M death: J S allegedly attempted a cover-up, with 100kg of sand and an empty barrel

Last edited:
I am not sure that the S family own the caravan park.. it looks quite low budget, which is not in keeping with a luxurious wedding venue and an antique jewellery store in the QVB…
I am curious to know where JS brother was when this was all happening - I was of the understanding that the brother and his husband lived at Wildenstein and ran the business there..
I am also curious as to why KM was living in the caravan park when she apparently has public housing in Sydney…

The family own several properties. The caravan park is in a prime position for holiday makers. They may have plans to build a hotel/resort there at some stage.

This is just so sad. A wealthy family, a chance to have a “normal” life, a new baby on the way. It just breaks your heart that it went so horribly wrong. I know lots of worse things are happening all around the world every minute, but this so close to home and featuring such a beautiful young life destroyed just tugs and tugs and tugs at the heartstrings. There is no justice and no winner in this case-just a tragic waste, like the end of a Shakespeare play.

Last edited:
These van parks need managers and cleaners among other employees so it makes me wonder if KM was a cleaner(?) there. It may be the family businesses give the 'kids' jobs and KM was cleaning vans.

Police are trying to figure out why the nine-year-old was left in the care of her future stepfather, in the Blue Mountains last Tuesday night while her mother stayed in the run-down caravan on the river.
CM mother's caravan searched, declared a crime scene in murder investigation

Last edited by a moderator:
These van parks need managers and cleaners among other employees so it makes me wonder if KM was a cleaner(?) there. It may be the family businesses give the 'kids' jobs and KM was cleaning vans.

Police are trying to figure out why the nine-year-old was left in the care of her future stepfather, in the Blue Mountains last Tuesday night while her mother stayed in the run-down caravan on the river.
CM mother's caravan searched, declared a crime scene in murder investigation

I have been trying to work out why they searched and tested both a caravan and a cabin.

alleged-murder

I have been trying to work out why they searched and tested both a caravan and a cabin.
I could take a wild guess, but my head doesn't want to go down that road just yet. This case has had me thinking a lot about Teghan.

Things have changed for me slightly now that I know she could have been there longer than just 2 weeks.

This is just so sad. A wealthy family, a chance to have a “normal” life, a new baby on the way. It just breaks your heart that it went so horribly wrong. I know lots of worse things are happening all around the world every minute, but this so close to home and featuring such a beautiful young life destroyed just tugs and tugs and tugs at the heartstrings. There is no justice and no winner in this case-just a tragic waste, like the end of a Shakespeare play.
I agree that it's a very sad outcome.
Lots of money never grants anyone's well being, just look at the previous history of JS and his family. I honestly think that the relationship would have been very toxic behind closed doors, even more proof by the way the parent spoke out. There isn't really much reporting on the mental health of the couple too, and going by past experiences with people that have had long term drug abuse, they usually have some type of long term mental illness. I think the real victims here are the deceased and grandparents with custody that would have given everything they had so that the young child could live a normal life, just stolen away from them by misfortune, a misfortune that should have never happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member