Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraphrasing from above article:

The accused drove around Sydney for 5 hours with CM's body in the back of the boat.

Detectives believe that the mother left CM in the care of the accused last Tuesday night at the Blue Mountains property.

They've only had a brief conversation with the mother so far.

He allegedly left the barrel in dense bushland

Mother made the 000 call at 8.20am Friday

I think the rest we already know.

Just in case anyone is unfamiliar with sub judice contempt in the Australian context and wants a more in-depth explanation, this is a good layman’s terms article

Text Posts, Tweets and Shares - Can Sub Judice Contempt Keep Up with Social Media? - William Roberts Lawyers

To add to this IMO, CM's name not being able to be mentioned is more to do with Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 No 157 S105 not Sub Judice, which is more about the accused.

View - NSW legislation

What is wrong with people?????? My heart breaks for her, plus her grandmother and bio-dad. I hope they are getting every ounce of support needed. I have no words for the anger I am feeling right now for the accused and the female who was caught on phone calls organising the sand bags.
I *think* the press release was misinterpreted by media outlets - I don’t think there were phone calls intercepted regarding sandbags.

Paraphrasing from above article:

The accused drove around Sydney for 5 hours with CM's body in the back of the boat.

Detectives believe that the mother left CM in the care of the accused last Tuesday night at the Blue Mountains property.

They've only had a brief conversation with the mother so far.

He allegedly left the barrel in dense bushland

Mother made the 000 call at 8.20am Friday

I think the rest we already know.
wow, this has taken a strange turn. o_O

The non custodial parent, KM, left her daughter with a stranger within days of her arrival from another state ?! Why even invite her, this is just too, too sad. :( :(

I *think* the press release was misinterpreted by media outlets - I don’t think there were phone calls intercepted regarding sandbags.
Thanks. I think that things will change as new information comes to light over the coming days. That's the unfortunate thing about the media and their need to be the 'first' with 'breaking news'.

Regardless, I hope whoever is found responsible for her murder faces the full force of the law for their actions and never get released from jail.

wow, this has taken a strange turn. o_O

The non custodial parent, KM, left her daughter with a stranger within days of her arrival from another state ?! Why even invite her, this is just too, too sad. :( :(

And if it the person who I think it is, a stranger with a history such as the one he is alleged to have. No words at all. I am trying very hard to stay within the rules of WS so I'm being selective with my words.

snipped by me for focus

Given that the child was in the Blue Mountains to spend two weeks with her mother during the school break, I'm perplexed about the mother leaving the girl in the care of the accused on the Tuesday night and presumably until Friday morning when the girl was reported missing.
Was the mother busy? Where was she?

snipped by me for focus

Given that the child was in the Blue Mountains to spend two weeks with her mother during the school break, I'm perplexed about the mother leaving the girl in the care of the accused on the Tuesday night and presumably until Friday morning when the girl was reported missing.

By all accounts it sounds to me like the KM and JS lived in Sydney - maybe she had to go to work - no excuses though, if your seeing your daughter for the first time in however long you stay with her, not leave her to someone you've known for about 2 months. IMO

snipped by me for focus

Possibly at work? Does she work?

(Just speaking of the Tuesday night, as we are not sure how long she left the little girl with the alleged perp.)

Which kinda makes me feel even worse for the child victim (if possible). Sounds like there was plenty of time alone with him that she potentially had to tolerate.

To settle the discussion re the phone call and the sandbags, I am bringing ximenalaballena's transcript post over from the pulled thread.

Just to clarify, the purchasing of the sandbags direct quote is:

"Through electronic means, through GPS tracking, through CCTV tracking we were able to establish certain facts in relation to the vehicle he was driving and those movements, and also certain suspicious behaviour which escalated our scrutiny in relation to his involvement, or potential involvement. Those movements included on Thursday afternoon after a number of telephone conversations with the girl's mother, to purchase a number of sandbags, 20kg sandbags, from a hardware store, to fuel a boat, and then try and float that boat on the water at one of the docks in inner Sydney, that was unsuccessful because the boat was inoperable."

I don't read that as the mother purchased anything, only the accused.

They have said at tthis stage they don't have any evidence to support anything other than that he acted alone, but the investigation is ongoing.

Me too! I’m suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

Members who were participating in the discussion received notification that the old thread was pulled and were sent a link to this new thread. Members who were not participating in the discussion obviously would not have reeived notification.

Everybody's in the same boat. You're here now. All is well :)

Possibly at work? Does she work?

(Just speaking of the Tuesday night, as we are not sure how long she left the little girl with the alleged perp.)

Which kinda makes me feel even worse for the child victim (if possible). Sounds like there was plenty of time alone with him that she potentially had to tolerate.
Ok, maybe at work....on a Tuesday night? maybe.
And did she work until Friday morning then, without coming back?
If not, then didn't she look in on her child on Wednesday and Thursday?
Sigh....:(

Thanks. I think that things will change as new information comes to light over the coming days. That's the unfortunate thing about the media and their need to be the 'first' with 'breaking news'.
Don't know if it is that or the reporters are just dumb and/or sloppy.
The ch 10 reporter again said they used GPS trackers. No wonder people think big brother is watching us, well maybe they are but not with trackers.
F0r those interested, your smart phone has a GPS function built in. Without this, apps like navigation, fuel check, 'find my phone', Uber etc will not work properly. When you load most apps it will ask when setting up whether you want to allow access to GPS location at all times, or only when using app. Even so, your GPS would be on in background unless deactivated in 'settings'...

By all accounts it sounds to me like the KM and JS lived in Sydney - maybe she had to go to work - no excuses though, if your seeing your daughter for the first time in however long you stay with her, not leave her to someone you've known for about 2 months. IMO
BBM .
With all respect Sleep, and there’s no adjectives to describe my feelings about what has occurred here, to an innocent little girl -but the mother has been engaged to this person for over 12 mths. I guess she never for a moment thought he’d harm her child - well I certainly that was the case, and for her sake - all my opinion ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Channel 9 is reporting the following:

Police will allege <modsnip to read “the suspect”> bought up to 100 kilograms of sandbags from Bunnings at Marsden Park on Thursday before fuelling his boat at a nearby BP.
He's then accused of driving to several locations, including Windsor boat ramp,
where divers have focused their search, but the boat was inoperable.
His last stop was Colo, where he allegedly placed the barrel on the edge of the river.
The following morning, the girl's mother reported her missing before Mr Stein spoke to police at Penrith.
Officers towed his car on a nearby street as he did so.
Mr Stein allegedly gave many different versions of events to police, but detectives tracked his phone and collected CCTV, which led them to the barrel.

Has this been independently corroborated?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member