Found Safe AUSTRALIA - Julie Schutt, 48, went for a walk, Streaky Bay, 7 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monsoon that’s a good point.

And SouthAussie thanks for sharing that info. I know Streaky Bay only from the kids book “Are we there yet?”!

It’s very curious to only release first names. Maybe they don’t feel anything else helps? I’ve never seen it done before.

The only releasing the first name of a missing person is becoming a lot more common over the last couple of years, both here and in the UK. Not sure about other places.

Also I've seen some names of missing people in inverted commas and I take that to mean it's not their real name.

The only releasing the first name of a missing person is becoming a lot more common over the last couple of years, both here and in the UK. Not sure about other places.

Also I've seen some names of missing people in inverted commas and I take that to mean it's not their real name.

Yes, here in Canada too. Using just the first name provides some privacy, I expect, and really doesn't hinder the investigation.

The opinion of a facial expression expert and/or body language expert might be able to shed some light on how she might possibly have been feeling in the CCTV image.
Tough one this one as I have not seen any further details if she suffers from mental health issues or if were troubles in the marriage or at home, money problems. For someone to go on holidays with a loved one and simply walk out and disappear is odd. Maybe she has staged disappearance?

A Queensland woman missing in South Australia's western Eyre Peninsula for seven days has been found.

Key points:

A Queensland woman who went missing from Streaky Bay a week ago has been found
Police say a member of the public saw the woman wandering out of scrub north-west of Streaky Bay on Sunday morning
Police say she is "safe and well" but receiving medical attention

SA Police said the woman, Julie Schutt, was found north-west of Streaky Bay this morning and was "currently receiving medical treatment".

Superintendent Paul Bahr said police received a call just after 8am on Sunday from a member of the public who was north-west of Streaky Bay to say they had found a person "wandering out of the scrub" asking for water.

"We had a search vehicle nearby, they attended, they located the woman and identified her as the missing woman Julie," Superintendent Paul Bahr said.

"She is safe and well, although requiring perhaps some medical attention.

A Queensland woman missing in South Australia's western Eyre Peninsula for seven days has been found.

Key points:

A Queensland woman who went missing from Streaky Bay a week ago has been found
Police say a member of the public saw the woman wandering out of scrub north-west of Streaky Bay on Sunday morning
Police say she is "safe and well" but receiving medical attention

SA Police said the woman, Julie Schutt, was found north-west of Streaky Bay this morning and was "currently receiving medical treatment".

Superintendent Paul Bahr said police received a call just after 8am on Sunday from a member of the public who was north-west of Streaky Bay to say they had found a person "wandering out of the scrub" asking for water.

"We had a search vehicle nearby, they attended, they located the woman and identified her as the missing woman Julie," Superintendent Paul Bahr said.

"She is safe and well, although requiring perhaps some medical attention.

Fabulous news! It is not always that we hear of such a good result.

"Ms Schutt was dehydrated and suffering malnutrition, but otherwise uninjured. She was receiving treatment at Streaky Bay hospital."

Missing Queensland woman Julie Schutt found safe in bushland near Streaky Bay

Such a fantastic outcome, that she has been located. Wonder where on earth she was holed up? Police used heat sensing technology, and couldn't find her. I wonder if she was taken somewhere and then dropped back close to the township. From the media report, the LE say "where she was", as if she wasn't in the nearby area during the extensive searching. IMHO

At one point last week the search effort including mounted police, police helicopter with heat-sensing technology, a drone, a boat, and State Emergency Services (SES) and Country Fire Service crews on the ground.

'We'd be keen to talk to Julie at some stage when she's ready and how she managed to survive and where she was,' he said.

Missing mum found after she vanished for more than a week

A vacationing mother-of-three has vanished interstate without warning, leaving her family to work desperately with police who are trying to find her.

Julie, 48, was last seen in Streaky Bay, 700kms from Adelaide at the top of the Eyre Peninsula, at about 5pm on Sunday when she went for a walk on her own.

She was last seen wearing jeans, light-coloured boots, and a long-sleeved blue shirt with a large star on its chest.

Julie was on a holiday with her husband, Cliff, and the two had been travelling across South Australia's Eyre Peninsula.

Police have been working with SES, Polair and locals to try and find Julie, but thus far only one sighting has been reported since her disappearance.

View attachment 421424
Edited. I just read the good news above!

Such a fantastic outcome, that she has been located. Wonder where on earth she was holed up? Police used heat sensing technology, and couldn't find her. I wonder if she was taken somewhere and then dropped back close to the township. From the media report, the LE say "where she was", as if she wasn't in the nearby area during the extensive searching. IMHO

At one point last week the search effort including mounted police, police helicopter with heat-sensing technology, a drone, a boat, and State Emergency Services (SES) and Country Fire Service crews on the ground.

'We'd be keen to talk to Julie at some stage when she's ready and how she managed to survive and where she was,' he said.

Missing mum found after she vanished for more than a week

I spent my teen years living in a town in the bush (which Streaky Bay is, a town in the bush, even though it is on the Great Australian Bight). While the landscape looks flat and easy to see everything, it really isn't.

When we used to go into the outback to have donga parties and get out of town for a bit, we used to encounter gullies, shallow caves, rocky outcrops, little cliffs. Things that can't be seen unless you are almost on top of them. They just blend into the landscape.

I was wondering where Lesley was at night, as our nights are quite cold at the moment (especially under the clear skies of the outback). But then I thought she might have kept sheltered under a rocky ledge or nestled in a shallow cave. Places where heat seeking technology probably can't penetrate - if the technology scanned the exact area where Lesley was.

I wonder if she heard the air search and chose to not reveal herself?
The last article posted (by LemonMint) said Lesley had gone walkabout to "clear her mind".

I spent my teen years living in a town in the bush (which Streaky Bay is, a town in the bush, even though it is on the Great Australian Bight). While the landscape looks flat and easy to see everything, it really isn't.

When we used to go into the outback to have donga parties and get out of town for a bit, we used to encounter gullies, shallow caves, rocky outcrops, little cliffs. Things that can't be seen unless you are almost on top of them. They just blend into the landscape.

I was wondering where Lesley was at night, as our nights are quite cold at the moment (especially under the clear skies of the outback). But then I thought she might have kept sheltered under a rocky ledge or nestled in a shallow cave. Places where heat seeking technology probably can't penetrate - if the technology scanned the exact area where Lesley was.

The last article posted (by LemonMint) said Lesley had gone walkabout to "clear her mind".

The Great Australian Bight? Oh my; my Geography lessons have failed me, or perhaps I failed them. What too, pray tell, is a donga party? I also have no social life.

The Great Australian Bight? Oh my; my Geography lessons have failed me, or perhaps I failed them. What too, pray tell, is a donga party? I also have no social life.

:) I think donga was a local colloquialism for that type of outback ... rocky, shrubby ... not a sandy desert. So our (usual type) teen parties sometimes were afternoon get-togethers in the donga/outback. Usually requiring 4WDs to get to our location - which would generally be via a little track to a dry salt lake.

The Great Australian Bight is along the vast arched coastline at the middle bottom edge of Australia. Quite remote, and scenic, with outback going pretty much right up to the coastline.

Oops ... I see I wrote Lesley instead of Julie in this post. Sorry!
I was also thinking about Lesley Trotter at the time.

Too late to edit the post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajonesey
Back