Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote ......."That timeline of when Sarah saw her mother re the night before has been confirmed through Sarah's own words.
I heard the 3AW interview, she was recounting what Borce told her about the argument that morning.

https://youtu.be/p854CzXOLwY?t=1m31s
Last edited by ozazure; 09-21-2016 at 06:32 PM."

Ozazure was this a utube link to the actual audio from 3aw interview ? Link no longer seems to work. Did you ( or another sleuther) happen to save it?! I would love to listen to it in full again

Exactly TGY, no mention of CCTV footage but I did find this:

"The husband of missing Melbourne mum Karen Ristevski claims home security cameras stopped working months before her disappearance.

The question of why the cameras at Karen's home did not catch her leaving the property have been raised during the investigation of her mysterious disappearance on June 29.

Neighbours also say they did not see her on the morning she vanished more than five weeks ago.

As rumours and confusion continue to surround the sudden disappearance, Karen's husband Borce moved to address one of the question marks on Sunday.

He revealed to the Herald Sun that the CCTV cameras at the family’s home in Avondale Heights had been not working since earlier in the year."

http://www.kidspot.com.au/parenting.../news-story/6caecb8b8d288e2d619898e90f6db2e5?

IMO it was premeditated. When Cctv cameras "stopped" working a few months ago would have coincided with the initial hatching of the plan.
KR wanting to leave after SR turned 21 was somewhere in between the cctv failing and her eventual disappearance.
Wonder if cctv cameras have been analysed as to cause of their fault/tampering? Likewise if phone conversations/texts/Google searches on iPads etc around this time have been looked into? To me, everything suggests it was not a spur of the moment thought although the choice of when May have been more opportune.

More spontaneous adding up .... we are now at day 401 of the unsolved disappearance of KR [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

How do you think the shovel fits into things?

I can only find articles from after KR was found noting that a shovel had been taken...

"Testing revealed two distinct soil types: one matched soil behind the family home, leading police to begin their initial search along the Maribyrnong River; the other matched soil found in the Gisborne-Macedon area."

If the results of the testing led to the inital searches then the shovel must have been seized fairly early on - before the "shovel man" witness.

Also, im no soil expert and havent even paid attention in particular to the ground in any of these places, but i wouldn't be surprised if toolern vale soil is very different to mt Macedon. Toolern vale always looks so dry to me, where mt Macedon is much more lush looking. I think the soil on the shovel matches toolern vale/gisborne and was part of the reason they were searching that specific area in December. Did he bury her handbag maybe? I cant help but think if the shovel had mt Macedon dirt (not Macedon ranges region dirt) they would have been searching there much earlier.

Also there's been talk of KR being at a different location to where she was found. How does the childers Rd witness fit into that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If our locals who know Loch Road could answer a question please?

Is it likely BR headed down Loch to find a more secluded location but because it had been raining he couldn't go any further so there was that split decision to leave Karen there rather than drive away with her in the car?

I was talking to one of our staff who has lived on the mountain for over 15 years.

Baffling was the word he used........you could continue about the mountain take one of the fire tracks and dispose a body within thousands of acres. He did say the fire tracks are not sealed and even in inclement weather most sedans would be able to get in and out. We are visiting this fellow saturday arvo for a birthday and hoping to speak to some locals.

That's the one PI Thoughts.
The cameras did not pick her up 'leaving through the garage' as BR said.

I would have thought that if neighbours had cctv installed at their properties that at least one camera would have a street view.

Another angle from ground level ... after logs removed.

attachment.php

Your images are brilliant puggles. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. Can you give an approximate length and width of the burial site.

Trooper SR i believe 100% is not helping LE.

CalliopeGG I found the information on 'eraser killer's the other day & the site is on my I Pad at home so will find the link and post it later tonight. There is obviously
a lot more information that I didn't post. I follow on TV crime story's and buy the magazines but have never heard that term used but I like the term when applied to the traits of one . I don't think I will need to be buying any crime magazines for a few years as I have had enough reading on this case to last for a long time.

I met BR years ago at a family function when they involved in the jeans trade with importing. I thought KR was a lot less reserved and very subdued and was going to say something to my sister who had a lot more contact with KR that she seemed a lot quieter than the last time I had seen her and i got that impression she was in a controlled marriage but thought best not to.

That's another lesson I learnt the hard way from KR's situation, don't put off seeing family or friends when the occasions arise to do so as you may never get the chance to do so ever again. I was invited to our Aunty's wedding in Sydney early last year which KR attended. I could have gone but put work ahead of family first which now i realise I should not have done but I won't be making that mistake again.

Quote ......."That timeline of when Sarah saw her mother re the night before has been confirmed through Sarah's own words.
I heard the 3AW interview, she was recounting what Borce told her about the argument that morning.

https://youtu.be/p854CzXOLwY?t=1m31s
Last edited by ozazure; 09-21-2016 at 06:32 PM."

Ozazure was this a utube link to the actual audio from 3aw interview ? Link no longer seems to work. Did you ( or another sleuther) happen to save it?! I would love to listen to it in full again

Ahh thanks for finding that! I forget writing it. No I didn't save it and for some reason, pretty quickly evidence of that 3AW interview fell off the internet. There are snippets in another video, the one a few posts above where Sarah's words are written down next to her picture. Additionally most of the first AH police station video seems lost as well - the one with Borce in the blue shirt which I think was done around the same time as the 3AW one. He doesn't talk in the river side one does he?

I would love to see them again because my first impression really was that Borce was a man who had been left by his wife and knew it looked bad for him, she had stitched him up. Like he was put in this position, and was powerless, sad and angry. I didn't find the CCTV being off concerning, because we have had long periods with our CCTV off as well (partner was constantly re-jigging it and sometimes would have it down with plans to fix it with something better. Be warned crooks, we can now see the pores in your nose in the dark LOL). Obviously once I heard about the pings and his forgotten journey I had to reconsider my point of view and it'd be good to watch those again and see it from another perspective.

I do find Sarah's focus on the family size ever so odd in her justifications for why Karen wouldn't leave and why people should respect their privacy. Mothers of multiple children don't leave and family size has nothing to do with how people deserve to be treated. So there is some sensitivity regarding the family there. I wish this could be over for her soon. Borce should get his **** together for the sake of both his children, do the right thing as AR implores him to, set Sarah free from this crazy dynamic and give her a shot at an adulthood not burdened with this.

Brought over from the previous thread!!

Has she (client) by any chance, made contact with you yet, Emirates? Or have you spoken to your daughters boss again, in regards to her client seeing Karen the day she disappeared? I think you also mentioned the owner of the Salon believes her client is very reliable and did report seeing Karen out walking the day she disappeared but LE didn't seem very interested at the time (?) Something along those lines. (?) Sorry if my questions have been answered in the previous thread and I've missed the post/s! :facepalm:

No she hasnt made contact with me. My daughter is on a weeks leave at the moment. Im planning on going to the salon next week, and will push again for a return call. The owner of the salon is pretty sure this person lives in the same street as KR.

I was talking to one of our staff who has lived on the mountain for over 15 years.

Baffling was the word he used........you could continue about the mountain take one of the fire tracks and dispose a body within thousands of acres. He did say the fire tracks are not sealed and even in inclement weather most sedans would be able to get in and out. We are visiting this fellow saturday arvo for a birthday and hoping to speak to some locals.

Baffling covers it, Emi...... of all places , with all the choices, even the choice of Mt Macedon itself being such a terrific pointer , such a huge clue to Borce and Vlasko, the entire area, from Baccus Marsh to Bendigo, vast areas of places where her body would have remained hidden for centuries, ... but no.. nooooo.. right there, near the houses, just off the road, on a locals walking/riding track.... ..

Come ON, Borce...:waiting:.

Your images are brilliant puggles. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered. Can you give an approximate length and width of the burial site.

Thanks Emirates ..... I can't take credit for the pic in your quote though...that was from media.

@ a guess ... Id say the length of the spot she was placed wa no more than 1500 long .... and at the widest part of the division of the trunks ...900 wide.

There could have been an extra 40-50cm if her head or legs where wedged into the hollowed gap where the trunks meet..

Below is my pic ..... plus a close up of the gap (hollow) where the trunks meet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170803_110554.jpg
    20170803_110554.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 20170731_000630.jpg
    20170731_000630.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 181
Sorry can't seem to get this pics ever up the right way...

Maybe someone can fix them ....

Im getting a stiff neck...

Ohhh and guestimating my measurements based on the soil...

The other end of the fallen trunks has vegitation ... that has regrown since february.

The other .... is the area that appears to have been swept clean by forensics in those early media images ... with no real regrowth.

Baffling covers it, Emi...... of all places , with all the choices, even the choice of Mt Macedon itself being such a terrific pointer , such a huge clue to Borce and Vlasko, the entire area, from Baccus Marsh to Bendigo, vast areas of places where her body would have remained hidden for centuries, ... but no.. nooooo.. right there, near the houses, just off the road, on a locals walking/riding track.... ..

Come ON, Borce...:waiting:.

The strangeness for me is the distance travelled for disposal ...

Early on when I was trying to guess where he may have disposed her ... one area was Organ Pipes National Park ...... based a little on my interest of Geographical Profiling.

Now here's the interesting thing .... I think Makara mentioned it...

There is always a little truth mixed in all these peoples lies and deceptions..

His supposed Uturn on the Calder .... brings him on The organ pipes NP doorstep.

Something has happened .... a change of mind... a phone call... a pause in the situation... IMO

And the diggers rest area ...toolernvale even makes sense for someone taken a small pause....

But Mount Macedon has extened that time frame ... to me that doesn't make sense ... without a pause of movement on that morning.

Sorry ... hard to put into words...

Thanks Emirates ..... I can't take credit for the pic in your quote though...that was from media.

@ a guess ... Id say the length of the spot she was placed wa no more than 1500 long .... and at the widest part of the division of the trunks ...900 wide.

There could have been an extra 40-50cm if her head or legs where wedged into the hollowed gap where the trunks meet..

Below is my pic ..... plus a close up of the gap (hollow) where the trunks meet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks again for the pics puggle, it's difficult to not be deeply moved while closely examining them.

The body being tightly wedged between the two logs, could this have kept the body intact, scavengers unable to dislodge it from its place? I'm thinking scavengers like wedged-tail eagles and foxes would have done significant damage like tearing limbs off and so forth, but if they couldn't reach it?
There must have been lots of branches, foliage, smaller logs concealing the body extremely well, maybe, even some dirt?
A shovel used as a lever and to dispense foliage, dirt, so the killer didn't have to touch the body more than necessary?

If we could have the answers to these questions and in the affirmative, I could imagine that this was the body's only disposal site. Otherwise, no.

The sighting of 2 slavic speaking men with shovels? It could be important or another one of those bizarre coincidences we've seen in tragic cases like the disappearance and murder of Jaidyn Leskie (1yr old from Moe) in 1997, and the odd occurrences that happened that had nothing to do with his murder. Jaidyn's body was also found 7 mths later, in a dam which preserved it through winter.

Thanks again for the pics puggle, it's difficult to not be deeply moved while closely examining them.

The body being tightly wedged between the two logs, could this have kept the body intact, scavengers unable to dislodge it from its place? I'm thinking scavengers like wedged-tail eagles and foxes would have done significant damage like tearing limbs off and so forth, but if they couldn't reach it?
There must have been lots of branches, foliage, smaller logs concealing the body extremely well, maybe, even some dirt?
A shovel used as a lever and to dispense foliage, dirt, so the killer didn't have to touch the body more than necessary?

If we could have the answers to these questions and in the affirmative, I could imagine that this was the body's only disposal site. Otherwise, no.

The sighting of 2 slavic speaking men with shovels? It could be important or another one of those bizarre coincidences we've seen in tragic cases like the disappearance and murder of Jaidyn Leskie (1yr old from Moe) in 1997, and the odd occurrences that happened that had nothing to do with his murder. Jaidyn's body was also found 7 mths later, in a dam which preserved it through winter.

Refresh my memory please? What was the bizarre occurrence in the Leskie case?

Yep lots of unanswerd questions...

My own opinion is that she was wedged as far into that hollow as possible ...

then had larger tree branches 15cm-20cm placed on the remaining exposed parts of her body.... (many fallen branches in close proximity of the site) ...

under the weight .... possibly skin/other tissue may have been disturbed from predators ... but allowed the skeletal remains intact ...

I apologise if I have offened anyone ...

Im not too up on the eagles .... think they predominately hunt living moving prey from observing in the air ... like rabbits, mice, snakes.

They may or may not have baiting of 1080 for foxes in the area too .... not sure.

I think the domestic dog would have been the greatest threat. ... like the cyclist dogs that stopped "On Point" at the site. Probably if he hadn't called them away from the area .... gone and checked .... she would have been found in July.

Im not sure of the number of roaming domestic dogs in the area ..... but I will say... my hubby said the car that did come down the road when I was there was a council ranger vehicle .....

O/T - :)

The vandalism and pigs head thrown at the house on that night he died.

Or...

Phoning 10 days before she went missing .... alluding to an incestuous relationship ... threatening to kill one self. ...

Certainly muddied the waters ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members