Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone believe anyone else is involved? If so who and why?

I'm interested in the responses because I doubt he's done this alone.

My first choice is Vasko, just after the fact. ‘I need help here bro’ & bring the bleach.
S’s boyfriend appears really helpful what with the sims and the kid gloves for SR. IIRC there was a midweek family dinner his parents house the night Karen went missing.

I doubt Ant was involved.

I think he killed Karen without help. I strongly suspect he had assistance disposing of her remains from what I’ve read of the access to the site. My first guess at a fixer would be Vasko.

View attachment 175051

Getting back to “Did you kill your wife Borce?”

I still believe Borce and possibly Sarah gave an ultimatum that they would go to the public plea only if they weren’t asked any questions. Aunt Pat was the allocated mouthpiece, Sarah stood shaking her head ‘no, no don’t ask’ and BR acted like a piece of sandstone until someone had the audacity to point a question at BR.
‘how dare you break the deal I made.

“Did you kill your wife Borce?” LOL still a classic!
Yes, that's the way I understood the contemptuous glare. I also thought the policeman arranged for the question to be asked, hence his little smile afterwards.

Ditto sleep.
I am still not convinced that Karen was killed in the times police are indicating.
Everything SR said at the committal hearing set the scene for Borce to claim he acted out spontaneously in self defense. Would we hear if someone else had made a deal?

Me finks Karen was strangled and Troops mentioned a tyre iron in the garage.

Any other thoughts?
Maybe an ‘accidental’ trip over BR’s no.9 orthopedics down the staircase?
This is what I imagine. He struck her and she fell but didn't hit her head, his anger wasn't appeased and he went down on top of her, started shaking her by the shoulders and then his hands were around her throat. For a moment he thought, "What am I doing?" and then it was, "That's exactly what I'm doing," and then he strangled her for as long as it took.

I’m sure Borce thought there was some financial incentive. Maybe it was an old super fund that at one point held life insurance within ....perhaps it turned out not be valid due to no super contributions for x period of time (as with 80,000 credit card debt no self employed person could afford to make super contributions) I do think he thought there was some financial incentive. I think he had thought about possibly killing her for some time. When he started this new company Karen was not involved in it, only him and Sarah. Maybe he opened the new company with intent to make warrant brands bankrupt or ensure when he killed Karen he would still be able to access the money in the new company. I think he was planning on waiting longer and getting things more organised - ie new business not in debt and checking life insurance etc before he killed her but something set him off earlier and he simply couldn’t wait
BBM

Such as Karen discovering the existence of the new company, he then realised all his "business manoeuvres" behind her back had come to nothing. So he killed her to salvage what could still be left for himself - which was of course a stupid decision, but he couldn't think clearly in the heat of the moment.

In fact so many scenarios for a motive and an intention... There's just no evidence left to prove them.

Ditto sleep.
I am still not convinced that Karen was killed in the times police are indicating.
Everything SR said at the committal hearing set the scene for Borce to claim he acted out spontaneously in self defense. Would we hear if someone else had made a deal?

We, and the Police, have nothing to determine what 'actual' time Karen died - except for what Borce has told them. She could have died the night before, throughout the night or earlier that morning. Nothing, no forensics, no actual witnesses besides Borce and Sarah saying what time she left.

IMO and it won't be popular...............I can't say what I really think what happened as it is against TOS, but I think Borce is covering for someone and this is why he waited for the manslaughter deal.

Karen was about to leave him and their daughter............Someone wanted to do an overseas trip and Karen said they couldn't afford it.................I'll leave the rest to you.

We, and the Police, have nothing to determine what 'actual' time Karen died - except for what Borce has told them. She could have died the night before, throughout the night or earlier that morning. Nothing, no forensics, no actual witnesses besides Borce and Sarah saying what time she left.

IMO and it won't be popular...............I can't say what I really think what happened as it is against TOS, but I think Borce is covering for someone and this is why he waited for the manslaughter deal.

Karen was about to leave him and their daughter............Someone wanted to do an overseas trip and Karen said they couldn't afford it.................I'll leave the rest to you.
Big gamble.

Yes sleep I hear what you are saying and I very much agree.

I incline to think Sarah was co-operating with police, that she asked him about his car trips at police request knowing they were bugged, and that's why they believe her about Karen being alive that morning.

And what's with the differing reports?

(e) the absence of any evidence regarding a physical confrontation between the accused and his wife, including no witnesses hearing any “yelling and screaming” on the morning of 29 June 2016; and

DPP v Ristevski (Ruling No 1) [2019] VSC 165 (15 March 2019)

’Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen Ristevski disappeared

‘Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen disappeared
I think the yelling and screaming was in the days before.

Yeah I know. Only Sarah's word that Mum was in the downstairs study in her pj's when she left for work.
Sitting across the room from her father on Tuesday and wearing a white jumper and a grey scarf, Ms Ristevski said she did not find it strange that her father waited an entire day to tell her that her mother was missing.

Ristevski daughter breaks her silence

My theory is he strangled Karen the previous evening or pushed her down the stairs (possible without leaving obvious injury acc to medical expert in court), SR was present, BR's phone records show he was awake during the night. One of them used her email / whatsapp in the morning (BR would all be familiar with the correspondence) as an alibi she was still alive and to cover SR's knowledge, SR went to work, BR placed Karen's body in the Mercedes, drove to Macedon and when he returned he bleached the ensuite.

Reasons why I believe SR had knowledge -
1. Her body language at the initial press conference - she didn't present as a worried daughter who's beloved mother was missing for several days. She appeared TERRIFIED, didn't make a heartfelt plea to the public as would be expected, crying but no tears, and once BR asked if he killed his wife, her body language became overly self protecting (stooped). She also justified why she was asking her Mum to come home stating because she is an only child. Irrelevant and suspicious given a genuine plea would focus on emotional aspects.
2. SR was the ONLY hostile witness during the Committal Hearing, she lacked emotion even though it was reported she was emotional (she was for approx 10 seconds of approx 40 mins in the witness box). She did not distinctly offer a kind word about her mother (which I expected) nor try to defend her when discussing her parent's relationship. Instead she left that for the following witness who worked with Karen who talked about Karen very fondly.
3. During the Committal Hearing SR changed her previous sworn statement regarding whether there were any of her mother's shoes missing. She stated initially no shoes were missing, but had since realised there was a pair missing.

All IMHO.

Last edited:
Sarah knew how to play one against the other. Karen being the workhorse suggested Sarah work in the store so SR turned to daddy.
Girls can be master manipulators when they know daddy is the weakest link.
SR left and the fight continued.

I wonder if Karen ever had bruises.

1) She knows how to control daddy.
2) That face has been rehearsed for years.

Attachments

• 4E64EA39-DB7F-4693-BA9C-2D5ADAB881D5.jpeg
    4E64EA39-DB7F-4693-BA9C-2D5ADAB881D5.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 7
  • F4C88EBA-4F02-4FD8-A880-588F574EEC74.jpeg
    F4C88EBA-4F02-4FD8-A880-588F574EEC74.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 6
Do you really think so? After she was reported to be not co-operating?
The not co-operating was from very early on. The recorded conversation was January 2017. You're probably right; it's a little early for her to have had a crisis of faith; she was apparently still living with him when the house was put up for rent; and she certainly doesn't sound co-operative at the committal according to Soso's link above.

My theory is he strangled Karen the previous evening or pushed her down the stairs, SR was present, BR's phone records show he was awake during the night. One of them used her email / whatsapp in the morning (BR would all be familiar with the correspondence) as an alibi she was still alive and to cover SR's knowledge, SR went to work, BR placed Karen's body in the Mercedes, drove to Macedon and when he returned he bleached the ensuite.

1. Her body language at the initial press conference - she didn't present as a worried daughter who's beloved mother was missing for several days. She appeared TERRIFIED, didn't make a heartfelt plea to the public as would be expected, crying but no tears, and once BR asked if he killed his wife, her body language became overly self protecting (stooped). She also justified why she was asking her Mum to come home stating because she is an only child. Irrelevant and suspicious given a genuine plea would focus on emotional aspects.
2. SR was the ONLY hostile witness during the Committal Hearing, she lacked emotion even though it was reported she was emotional (she was for approx 10 seconds of approx 40 mins in the witness box). She did not distinctly offer a kind word about her mother (which I expected) nor try to defend her when discussing her parent's relationship. Instead she left that for the following witness who worked with Karen who talked about Karen very fondly.
3. During the Committal Hearing SR changed her previous sworn statement regarding whether there were any of her mother's shoes missing. She stated initially no shoes were missing, but had since realised there was a pair missing.

All IMHO.

Well your IMHO is so very interesting. :)

My theory is he strangled Karen the previous evening or pushed her down the stairs, SR was present, BR's phone records show he was awake during the night. One of them used her email / whatsapp in the morning (BR would all be familiar with the correspondence) as an alibi she was still alive and to cover SR's knowledge, SR went to work, BR placed Karen's body in the Mercedes, drove to Macedon and when he returned he bleached the ensuite.

All IMHO.

Thank you Edgarb for your post, well articulated and thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat