GUILTY Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still can't find him on the court list today...

and I have only been able to confirm that his age is not a factor in whether he is considered to be ever paroled. And that no legislature thru the NSW State Parliament has indicated any involvement, although it is fair to say that currently, the NSW State Parliament is in a State of Perpetual Reprehensible Chaos , so it is hard to tell if that information can be relied upon.

Bloody hell, it has been changed again...30th November!!!

Search NSW Court Lists | NSW Online Registry

Hard to tell , Morrissa, if this is a court problem or a prisoner problem. That is, he is too ill to face his sentencing, or the court is in a state of disarray...It isn't often that things go awry with the court pageantry, although there are plenty of circumstances for it to do so, it's like a game of domino.

Extending the time to pronounce sentence... It's not as if there is some inconsistency with the verdict.. the verdict is set in concrete now.. And it's not as if there isn't a statute for sentencing, that is, for the murder of Kharlie, Life, and for the murder of Khandalyce , Life. Of this there is no argument as it is an unarguable position.

SO .. that leaves... a disconcerting signal about No Parole ever, or some Parole sometime. .

OR.. Holdom has some incapacitating disease that prevents him from absorbing the sentencing statements. Like ,, his brain has collapsed, or some other , hopefully, horrible event. Or, he has been so badly beaten up that he cannot register the spoken word. or.. But I am now into wishful stuff... .

Hard to tell , Morrissa, if this is a court problem or a prisoner problem. That is, he is too ill to face his sentencing, or the court is in a state of disarray...It isn't often that things go awry with the court pageantry, although there are plenty of circumstances for it to do so, it's like a game of domino.

Extending the time to pronounce sentence... It's not as if there is some inconsistency with the verdict.. the verdict is set in concrete now.. And it's not as if there isn't a statute for sentencing, that is, for the murder of Kharlie, Life, and for the murder of Khandalyce , Life. Of this there is no argument as it is an unarguable position.

SO .. that leaves... a disconcerting signal about No Parole ever, or some Parole sometime. .

OR.. Holdom has some incapacitating disease that prevents him from absorbing the sentencing statements. Like ,, his brain has collapsed, or some other , hopefully, horrible event. Or, he has been so badly beaten up that he cannot register the spoken word. or.. But I am now into wishful stuff... .
I think his brain collapsed a long time ago, but I just love your wishful thinking :D
Something is up though, I can't imagine two journalists that were in court mucking the original sentencing date up. Perhaps the judge just needs extra, extra time :rolleyes:

I think his brain collapsed a long time ago, but I just love your wishful thinking :D
Something is up though I can't imagine two journalists that were in court mucking the original sentencing date up. Perhaps the judge just needs extra, extra time :rolleyes:

perhaps the judge is ill... This kind of thing happens, because humans are involved, things sometimes shift and change, although there is then the presumption that the judge will be fit by the 30th, which no one can predict with certainty, if he's that ill to postpone the original date.

And no, I don't think the journalists got the date wrong in the first place, because if they did, it would have been corrected immediately, and it wasn't... ..
I just don't know, and, as usual, I want to know. I feel I should know!... My first bet is it is more likely to be a prisoner problem, than a court problem, about 70/30.

I wouldn't put I past Holdom to try and cut a deal now with further information, perhaps of some relevance to another case or two... to have some impact on at least the heaviness of the sentence.... if it will fly, that is.

One of the elements that come into play when the consideration of Life Without Parole, or, the more dramatic descriptor, Never To Be Released , is the component of delayed apprehension, wherein the perpetrator has profited by the fact of the murder, and maintains that profiteering over a long period of time, and it has to fit Holdom to a T.

This, on top of the degree of heinousness, the collective offense to the community, the callousness, etc, are all scored and weighed in the balance of the verdict.

I put this up really to maintain my confidence. I want it to be so, I look for factors that make it inevitable.

Knowing, of course, there are aberrations.. . I know, I know.

When Life Means Life

Last edited:
Applause in court as man gets three life sentences for shooting ex-girlfriend

This might have some connection as to the date being changed for Holdom. Justice Hulme seems to have a full dance card this legal year, and no doubt, with the end of the legal year coming up at speed, things might be tight in regard to scheduling..
Yes I saw this today and applauded too. I have read the judgement on the Caselaw site.
There is another judgement by Hulme on there with todays date as well.
Very encouraging.

Yes I saw this today and applauded too. I have read the judgement on the Caselaw site.
There is another judgement by Hulme on there with todays date as well.
Very encouraging.

He got no parole!. 3 straight life sentences, taking into account his age, it isn't a long sentence, unlike , say, de Gruchy, I think he was 21 or 22 , life , no parole, that's a long , long sentence. And it is argued that there is no parity in serving such a sentence, except the parity is in the element of community expectation.
I put this site up, the one you mention there , Morrisa, as a taster of what Hulme is all about.

R v O’Connor - NSW Caselaw

I am expecting this statute to be cited, surely, in the matter of Holdom..
'"[115] Section 61(1) of the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999 (NSW) provides that a court is to impose a sentence of life imprisonment if it is satisfied that the level of culpability is so extreme that the community interest in retribution, punishment, community protection and deterrence can only be met through the imposition of that sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny
Back