Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps the scream in the morning was her having a argument with someone?

Perhaps the scream in the morning was her having a argument with someone?

Yes that has crossed my mind too.The kick off to the situation that unfolded later...tell you what,we have to go sleuthing Watson ;-)

"The worker then noticed Ms Blackwood come home, hearing her high heels on the concrete on her driveway as she placed something in the bin, ready for collection. She entered her home through the garage, leaving the roller door open."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...other8217s-death/story-fni0ffnk-1226738956486

Those are some powerful ears he has there, to hear that from the inside of his car a few doors away...

And if she was killed close to 12, even an hour either side -- how's she using her compy to make purchases in the afternoon?

We only have the tradie's word for it that this plethora of shady hooded figures are seen lurking and entering and running away, *prior* to those purchases being made.

Not sleuthing here. Just pointing out flaws in logic in MSM reports.

I sometimes wonder if Kylie was sexually assaulted. Police do not always release that info. But it could be why they were looking at the infatuation angle, and the stalker angle, and the robbery gone wrong angle. Could be too why they visited, then re-visited, Kylie’s place of work in Berwick. And how they have developed some persons of interest.

Was there some kook out there who admired Kylie from afar, or not so afar, and felt shunned by her?

This just seems so messy for any kind of quick, neat professional hit. And I don’t believe we have ever heard what Kylie was wearing or not wearing when found. Just that she was found on the couch as if she was watching TV.

11 June 2014 - Homicide Squad detectives were reportedly investigating whether she was the victim of a burglary gone wrong or was being stalked in the lead-up to her death.

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2014-06-11/new-leads-on-murder-probe/

I sometimes wonder if Kylie was sexually assaulted. Police do not always release that info. But it could be why they were looking at the infatuation angle, and the stalker angle, and the robbery gone wrong angle. Could be too why they visited, then re-visited, Kylie’s place of work in Berwick. And how they have developed some persons of interest.

Was there some kook out there who admired Kylie from afar, or not so afar, and felt shunned by her?

This just seems so messy for any kind of quick, neat professional hit. And I don’t believe we have ever heard what Kylie was wearing or not wearing when found. Just that she was found on the couch as if she was watching TV.

Good questions!!

I've always wondered about the whole 'infatuation' avenue that LE mentioned. It's very specific terminology to use.Why would they say that unless there was some evidence to suggest that?

And yes, sadly, evidence of sexual assault may be part of that evidence (in combination with what they may have been told by others who knew Kylie......). Maybe she was being stalked or something before her death?

We know nothing!!!

Good questions!!

I've always wondered about the whole 'infatuation' avenue that LE mentioned. It's very specific terminology to use.Why would they say that unless there was some evidence to suggest that?

And yes, sadly, evidence of sexual assault may be part of that evidence (in combination with what they may have been told by others who knew Kylie......). Maybe she was being stalked or something before her death?

We know nothing!!!

yeah but weren't they just clutching at straws in the beginning(well I guess they still are) as they weren't sure what to think as couldn't find a reason why anyone would want to murder her.Was nothing taken from house so not a robbery.So then they suggested someone infatuated with her.Was no clues at all :detective:

Good questions!!

We know nothing!!!

If she had a stalker you would think that would be uncovered fairly quickly after analysing her phone records etc. Also if she had any inkling of a stalker wouldn't she have been more vigilant with her personal security, shutting the garage, locking doors, activating the alarm.

If she had a stalker you would think that would be uncovered fairly quickly after analysing her phone records etc. Also if she had any inkling of a stalker wouldn't she have been more vigilant with her personal security, shutting the garage, locking doors, activating the alarm.

Yeah, good point!!:seeya:

Spot on Missjones83..I really don't believe it is a stalker or someone infatuated with her as would be trails leading to these kinds of people.

For those of you in the Pakenham area did you get a strong message from the police to be extra careful for your personal safety? Did they feel there was a risk that this attacker could potentially strike again?

I’m assuming that warnings were not put out to the local community .. as we saw nothing in local MSM about any warnings. Nor was there anything saying there was no danger to the local community either. I think people have been left to wonder.

We did see that the immediate local reaction included:

HUNDREDS of Pakenham residents have rallied in support of slain mother of three Kylie Blackwood.
Friends and shocked locals marched through the town calling for an end to violence against women.

The crowds took to the streets and paused for a minute's silence in a local park before releasing dozens of colourful balloons in a show of support for the family.
"It's beyond belief to think you are not even safe in your own home," one woman said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-kylie-blackwood/story-fni0fee2-1226703438685

- Council has been asked to consider a bounty to catch the killer.

- Pakenham Pumas held a minute’s silence before their home game and started a fund-raising drive for the family

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2013-08-14/last-goodbye-2/

“That would indicate it might be a local person responsible - someone who knows Main St, has been there before, or has otherwise gone out of their way to get there,” he said.

Det Sen-Sgt Bailey said a witness, who saw a man acting suspiciously in McCaffrey Rise just before noon, was still their “best and most relevant lead”.

The tradesman said he saw a man in a horizontal striped hooded top, dark sunglasses and baseball cap looking into the Blackwood home, and returning 10 to 15 minutes later, when Mrs Blackwood had come home from shopping and had left the garage door open.

The witness said he then saw the same man “hurriedly” walking away from the house about 20 minutes later.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/new-accomplice-theory-and-cctv-footage-may-be-key-to-solving-murder-of-pakenham-mum-kylie-blackwood/story-fni0fee2-1226949886254

What is so curious about this crime is that the perp came back specifically while Kylie was home. So is this their Modus operandi ? The perp is most likely laying low atm, but surely there must be reports of similar incidents in the area for eg :6 mths prior, but obviously haven't resulted in murder, just theft.

IMO, there is evidence that there were 2 involved, that the person using the ATM does not fit the description of the person acting suspiciously outside Kylie's home.

Spot on Missjones83..I really don't believe it is a stalker or someone infatuated with her as would be trails leading to these kinds of people.

That's IF she knew about it. It's quite possible someone was watching her for a while and she simply did not know.

Just some thoughts, nothing new, just thinking aloud really:

WHY would one or more of these various shady individuals reportedly seen hanging around/leaving wait for Kylie to be HOME before breaking in, if robbery was a motive?

WHY would they take a credit card -- the hardest thing to get cash from, if you don't know the PIN -- and not her jewellery or stereo (stuff easy to hock at Smack Converters) if robbery was the motive?

I would love someone to go stand at that building site and tell me just what they can see/hear from there...

I would love to know *exactly* what time those internet purchases were made.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/new-accomplice-theory-and-cctv-footage-may-be-key-to-solving-murder-of-pakenham-mum-kylie-blackwood/story-fni0fee2-1226949886254

What is so curious about this crime is that the perp came back specifically while Kylie was home. So is this their Modus operandi ? The perp is most likely laying low atm, but surely there must be reports of similar incidents in the area for eg :6 mths prior, but obviously haven't resulted in murder, just theft.

IMO, there is evidence that there were 2 involved, that the person using the ATM does not fit the description of the person acting suspiciously outside Kylie's home.

I am no longer going on what newspapers are 'saying'..I am going on this report from tradies boss as he would know and as he says the man was only intent on that house only and man was seen on street at 11.30am and Kylie got home just after 11.30am.He says nothing AT ALL about man leaving then returning after Kylie got home.Please see link below.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...285b8-8ee7-444c-b761-fe8361b6659b%7c%7c%7c%7c

That's IF she knew about it. It's quite possible someone was watching her for a while and she simply did not know.

Just some thoughts, nothing new, just thinking aloud really:

WHY would one or more of these various shady individuals reportedly seen hanging around/leaving wait for Kylie to be HOME before breaking in, if robbery was a motive?

WHY would they take a credit card -- the hardest thing to get cash from, if you don't know the PIN -- and not her jewellery or stereo (stuff easy to hock at Smack Converters) if robbery was the motive?

I would love someone to go stand at that building site and tell me just what they can see/hear from there...

I would love to know *exactly* what time those internet purchases were made.

We have stood exactly where tradie was.The street isnt as long as pics make out...So from where tradie was you can see garage door and top of her driveway.He was directly at end of court looking down street.With clear view of whole street.

I am no longer going on what newspapers are 'saying'..I am going on this report from tradies boss as he would know and as he says the man was only intent on that house only and man was seen on street at 11.30am and Kylie got home just after 11.30am.He says nothing AT ALL about man leaving then returning after Kylie got home.Please see link below.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...285b8-8ee7-444c-b761-fe8361b6659b%7c%7c%7c%7c

Thanks for the link. :)

I'm wondering though, he might have spoken to the news team before being interviewed by police, also the news piece was edited so not a real good reference point. He must have given a much more detailed witness statement to police. jmo

The interesting thing is, if the tradie could see the alleged perp, the perp would have been able to see the tradie. So he has a gall to go ahead with the crime.
If it's a red herring, boy then it's a tragedy because it's just going round in circles. Surely the guy seen would come forward, but then again, maybe not.

All just my humble opinion.

Screen shots from below video - camera pans down from top of McCaffrey Rise to Kylie's house (her front lawn/hedge showing bottom left of larger pic).

abku1j.jpg

Screen shot from video at link.

05/08/13: Did someone see Kylie's killer? (02:49)
Video: http://media.watoday.com.au/news/national-news/did-someone-see-kylies-killer-4631542.html

Thanks guys!!! Bless you for going there and checking it out. :heart: Okay, I can see how it was indeed visible from where the tradie sat in his car, perhaps also close enough to have heard heels on concrete if he had his window down.

So if Striped Hoody killed Kylie before 12, or not long after, I *really* want to know what time those purchases were made!!!! If they were *after* 12.30-1pm, then that says a LOT to me!

There's something to all of it, the card, the purchases, the attempt to use ATM, it just ain't adding up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back