Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Popping in to post for Leisl, a week short of 4 years since she went missing. May this be the year she is found.

3 years today Leisl - still thinking of you and hoping you'll be home with your family soon.

One of the POI has recently been found dead. Information about the cause of death has been difficult to find.

It was stated in a post on the "Find Leisl Smith" FaceBook page.
Saying that the he was found dead in the Hunter River near Morpeth.
He was buried earlier this week.

It was stated in a post on the "Find Leisl Smith" FaceBook page.
Saying that the he was found dead in the Hunter River near Morpeth.
He was buried earlier this week.

What date was this posted on the Facebook page?

Friday the 28th August was when his body was found.
A friend of the POI posted on the Find Leisl Smith's FB page on the
August 29th that the POI was dead, then on the 30th they posted that his body was found in the Hunter River near Morpeth.
As I cannot mention names it makes giving information difficult as I cannot find any Police official media release confirming the identity of the man in the River, however the POI's friends and family have confirmed this information in posts on FB. I am presuming, and it is only my opinion that if the circumstances surrounding this death were straight forward there would be more information released to the public. This POI was an X Boyfriend of Leisl's and if you have been following closely you will know whom I am speaking of.

I do hope that there is progress in finding Leisl.

Imperial Knight

Friday the 28th August was when his body was found.
A friend of the POI posted on the Find Leisl Smith's FB page on the
August 29th that the POI was dead, then on the 30th they posted that his body was found in the Hunter River near Morpeth.
As I cannot mention names it makes giving information difficult as I cannot find any Police official media release confirming the identity of the man in the River, however the POI's friends and family have confirmed this information in posts on FB. I am presuming, and it is only my opinion that if the circumstances surrounding this death were straight forward there would be more information released to the public. This POI was an X Boyfriend of Leisl's and if you have been following closely you will know whom I am speaking of.

I do hope that there is progress in finding Leisl.

Imperial Knight

Still think someone (maybe the above BF) was involved rather than JC .......Leisls sisters posts always gave me the impression that she wasn't convinced JC was 'guilty' despite 'i think' knowing about him and the ute from near the beginning.
Tend to disagree about witness protection posted above.....1/2 searches maybe but think the protection officers would have managed to stop the time/expense of 5 searches without giving anything away imo.
Still have more hope shes alive than i do for most other cases for some reason....but don't know why!

A girl is missing, 1 POI injured another dead and still nothing.... Someone knows!!! Until questions are answered the public will still live in fear around that area of the Central Coast....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back