Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering if they should post some pictures of her foal on the FB page? Maybe if Liesl is out there and sees them it might encourage her to get in touch.

And I see they have recently done this too - with a message directly to Leisl. If she (or anyone else for that matter) was missing of her own accord, it must be hard work. I mean relying on cash only, and all the stuffing around you often need to do such as presenting Medicare cards, drivers licence, proof of residence etc - it would seem almost impossible to start over, or stay in hiding for any length of time.

I noticed that yesterday a young guy commented on the FLS fb page - saying he had seen Leisl in a supermarket in Wyong. He said his mate who works there saw her too, but they didn't know she was missing. Hopefully it's been followed up .

I noticed that yesterday a young guy commented on the FLS fb page - saying he had seen Leisl in a supermarket in Wyong. He said his mate who works there saw her too, but they didn't know she was missing. Hopefully it's been followed up .

I saw that.. really hope it is her.

Supermarket should have cctv to confirm it was Leisl. Let's hope :)

So the place she might have been seen was only a couple of miles from where she lived, is that right?

So the place she might have been seen was only a couple of miles from where she lived, is that right?

A few minutes from where she was last seen - leaving her car at Tuggerah Railway Station. About 15 mins from where she lived.

Hi All,

I'm Leisl's eldest sister. I have read the posts and would like to clear up a few things that have been asked.

Firstly, she was listed as missing within 24 hours of her not returning home when she stated she would be. As you would all know, going missing is not a crime in Australia, and it was hoped that she might have simply broken down somewhere and not been able to get into contact with the family for us to go and get her.

It has been in the media: mostly facebook although there have been some newspaper print articles about her dissappearance, but they were local papers and not state/national ones.

While I know it's frustrating that you do not have all the details, suffice to say, neither do we. The police aren't telling us everything for whatever reasons that they have in undertaking the investigation and with the details that we do have, much of it we have been asked to keep to ourselves for a variety of reasons.

Trust me, it's more than frustrating for us, not knowing where she is or if she is ok or that the police can't tell us everything that they know.

What we do know is that something serious has obviously happened for her to not access her phone, bank accounts or to be present for the birth of her foal, which was the highlight for her to be there for. While we hope against hope that it isn't the worst, which is looming as a distinct possibility, the longer it goes on, the worse the possible outcome obviously.

Part of the reason that many people may feel that they are only just hearing about it now is because the police have widened their avenues of investigations and extended the resources that they use in looking for missing persons. The most baffling thing about this case is that apart from the CCTV at the station, there is nothing else of her. She has literally just vanished in to thin air.

As you can imagine it's very hard.

Like multitudes of others in a similar position ,all we can simply do is wait. And hope for the best.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to PM me or ask here and I will do my best to answer.

Cheers,
J.
I have just joined mainly due to Leisl Smith. I decided as this girl lives around the local area that instead of just saying "Another Missing Person, Oh Dear" and then just forget about it, that I would offer to help in whatever way I possibly could. I realise that the Police can only give out limited information, and they only have so much man power.
However, due to the fact there has been months passed now, I don't understand why there hasn't been a thorough search of the area where she went missing? Around this area there are heaps of farms with horses and there is an old dairy and sewerage works, water ways & creeks and a lot of thick bush land - maybe there has been a search but I haven't heard. Also, did the CCTV footage show anyone suspicious? There must have been something on her FB as it has been removed but I guess that could be routine? There is a great FB page called Find Leisl Smith ... I also feel very strongly about this case and I've never felt like this before and I feel that we just need to keep asking questions and keep posting on our FB pages and I have even put posters up in the area in shops etc and every time I park my car the poster is on the back of my car... I wish there was some little bit of news..

Hi everyone,
The FLS Facebook page is not official: it's run by our mum and while I won't get into things here: due to family dynamics we have very little to do with her as a family.

Storm, our father has privatised his FB page as well as Leisls as I am sure you can imagine the number of messages etc was a little overwhelming and very upsetting.

Essentially still no news. Police have had no leads (including the supermarket one) and are still investigating other things.

Cheers,
J

Hi everyone,
The FLS Facebook page is not official: it's run by our mum and while I won't get into things here: due to family dynamics we have very little to do with her as a family.

Storm, our father has privatised his FB page as well as Leisls as I am sure you can imagine the number of messages etc was a little overwhelming and very upsetting.

Essentially still no news. Police have had no leads (including the supermarket one) and are still investigating other things.

Cheers,
J

Yes, thanks eccsci, and sorry no information about Leisl has come to light yet :(

I have a friend that lost her young teenage Son to a motor bike accident and her son had a FB page and the things people were writing was both comforting and rediculous and it all is very draining...
In this day and age with the fast pace of things you just don't know if she might want some time out. I wish Leisl's family all the best. Just wish there was more I could do....

This facebook page is NOT run by Leisl's mom, its done in conjunction of the police, Missing persons register australia and concerned friends. This IS the official facebook page for Leisl.

All anyone wants is for Leisl to be found, and by getting it out on FB and every other social media is the way that it can happen. Please all lets work together?!

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
J

My belief is that the reason Police haven't released any information about possible leads in this case is because they are watching suspects closely and can't afford to say anything. There does seem to be a tight lid on this one as family and friends have not speculated about ANY scenario except that she may have caught a train!?!
Surely, this girl is an attractive person and she must have had a boyfriend or someone interested in her? She looks like she's happy and outgoing. Its almost like no-one wants or can come forward with any information - Suspicious??
It also must be difficult for the family with regards to not being involved with their Mother, how must she feel being on the outer edge of the circle especially at this time when most families pull together as a united front :-(
I just wonder and would like to know what her boyfriend or if she had a close friend, what do they have to say? My feeling is that she was meeting someone that day, maybe someone she was seeing in secret? I also feel the police will get to the bottom of this.

Imperial Night:
Your belief is correct. Also, speculating just adds to rumours and stresses us all out. We are trying to stay positive and remain hopeful that she will return to us and that she simply felt, for whatever reason, that there was no other option.

She was involved with someone and as mentioned, all leads have been investigated, and in some cases are still being investigated.

AS for our mother: She left our family when we were quite young. Her choice and for various reasons, we have nothing to do with her. She chose to make the decision she did and we will leave it at that.

We do believe that she was possibly meeting someone, what we don't know is why and where. Or the reason(s) for not coming home that evening.

Official Page as sanctioned by her family:

www.facebook.com/MissingLeislSmith.

Cheers,
J

Imperial Night:
Your belief is correct. Also, speculating just adds to rumours and stresses us all out. We are trying to stay positive and remain hopeful that she will return to us and that she simply felt, for whatever reason, that there was no other option.

She was involved with someone and as mentioned, all leads have been investigated, and in some cases are still being investigated.

AS for our mother: She left our family when we were quite young. Her choice and for various reasons, we have nothing to do with her. She chose to make the decision she did and we will leave it at that.

We do believe that she was possibly meeting someone, what we don't know is why and where. Or the reason(s) for not coming home that evening.

Official Page as sanctioned by her family:

www.facebook.com/MissingLeislSmith.

Cheers,
J

Don't know why and where, but I am guessing you have a "who"

Best of luck. Hope she comes home.

385361_125219537645450_955578964_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MissingLeislSmith

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online