GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Sam de Brito's writing style ^^^^^

He says things really well.

RL .... "It would be unfair to assess both women by the same criteria because Louise was dating Gittany while he was charged with Harnum's murder; Louise's gullibility thus seems oceanic."

Gittany .... "He's also one of those guys Sydney mass produces who can't describe what they do for a living in under 10 words."

RL .... "It would be unfair to assess both women by the same criteria because Louise was dating Gittany while he was charged with Harnum's murder; Louise's gullibility thus seems oceanic."

Gittany .... "He's also one of those guys Sydney mass produces who can't describe what they do for a living in under 10 words."

Whoa. This is pretty serious allegation, hasn't been articulated 'til now.

Louise was dating Gittany while he was charged with Harnum's murder

Whoa. This is pretty serious allegation, hasn't been articulated 'til now.

Louise was dating Gittany while he was charged with Harnum's murder

When was he arrested for Lisa's murder? I can't seem to find the date.

When was he arrested for Lisa's murder? I can't seem to find the date.

A few days after Lisa's death.

"He did this after he was arrested on August 4, 2011 and remanded in custody."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/balcony-d...wn-in-court-20131108-2x6q5.html#ixzz2mAk1Pn64

Then he was in jail till January 20, 2012, till a magistrate let the murdering swine out on bail .... due to a 'strong case for the defence' ... pfft! That was back when the defence were saying that Lisa did a ballerina leap over the balcony!!

"He made the request while he was in custody between August 4, 2011 and January 20, 2012."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/1972...r-to-remove-surveillance-disk-from-apartment/

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/balcony-d...wn-in-court-20131108-2x6q5.html#ixzz2mAk1Pn64

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was actually charged at that time. He was granted bail in Jan 2012 - and I don't think it take's 5 months for a bail hearing.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/161297988?q=gittany&c=article&versionId=175837834

NSW:Accused Sydney balcony killer granted bail.

Re your last post SA - I was wrong.

Then he was in jail till January 20, 2012, till a magistrate let the murdering swine out on bail .... due to a 'strong case for the defence' ... pfft! That was back when the defence were saying that Lisa did a ballerina leap over the balcony!!

"He made the request while he was in custody between August 4, 2011 and January 20, 2012."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/1972...r-to-remove-surveillance-disk-from-apartment/
Thanks for this.

So he killed Lisa on July 30 2011 and was already in a relationship with the other one by August 4. Hmmmm. I didn't think my opinion of him could be any lower, but there you go.

Thanks for this.

So he killed Lisa on July 30 2011 and was already in a relationship with the other one by August 4. Hmmmm. I didn't think my opinion of him could be any lower, but there you go.
Hmmmm indeed!

All reports say they have been 'involved' for only 12 months - IMO the 'while' in this case means during the time he was charged - not at the point in time he was charged. Bad wording.

All reports say they have been 'involved' for only 12 months - IMO the 'while' in this case means during the time he was charged - not at the point in time he was charged. Bad wording.

Yes, I think it means 'while' (during the time period before the trial), not 'when' he was charged.

Here's more info about how he was bailed in 2012 ... grrr!

"Magistrate Janet Wahlquist found that Mr Gittany had a strong argument in his defence against the murder charge and that this was an "exceptional circumstance" that meant he was entitled to bail."

"The magistrate also found Mr Gittany had strong ties in the community and was not a risk of absconding, given that his family had offered to pay a $600,000 surety."

"The defence has previously claimed that the absence of Ms Harnum's fingerprints on the balcony railing could be explained by the trained dancer doing a "ballerina-type leap" on to the top of the railing before jumping over the edge."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-accus...y-gets-bail-20120119-1q7iy.html#ixzz2mAqNnWg4

"The defence has previously claimed that the absence of Ms Harnum's fingerprints on the balcony railing could be explained by the trained dancer doing a "ballerina-type leap" on to the top of the railing before jumping over the edge."

^ If this wasn't so extremely sickening, I would have laughed at this. REALLY?

THAT is what they said out loud in a court of law?

:facepalm:

Believe it or not, Ausgirl, but yes. I'm sure the transcript of same would have made interesting reading.

Yes, I think it means 'while' (during the time period before the trial), not 'when' he was charged.

Here's more info about how he was bailed in 2012 ... grrr!

"Magistrate Janet Wahlquist found that Mr Gittany had a strong argument in his defence against the murder charge and that this was an "exceptional circumstance" that meant he was entitled to bail."

"The magistrate also found Mr Gittany had strong ties in the community and was not a risk of absconding, given that his family had offered to pay a $600,000 surety."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-accus...y-gets-bail-20120119-1q7iy.html#ixzz2mAqNnWg4

"Louise was dating Gittany while he was charged with Harnum's murder"
I am prepared to take that as a slip of the pen. ....(For now......) Thanks everyone for supplying dates and trying to clarify.

But this next bit, if not so serious, would be laughable:

First time in history that a partner of a narcissist has "done a ballerina type leap" etc
I know I have read it before, but hard to believe that anybody actually bought that line as defence, and he has been free all this time. This story was actually thought credible?
BTW Full marks to the Judge who visited the crime scene and made real observations and judgements (instead of taking SG at his word)

Ausgirl, You took my words!! Unbelievable (not that you took my words) ... but that it was said out loud in a court of law! And considered CREDIBLE!

*edited due to deleted reference posts*

new message: I hope you're all having a great Sunday (or Saturday, for the yankees on board) and I think you're all awesome. :heart:

Ah thank you. The 'while' is very ambiguous!

Unbelievable.

The password wasn't for the cameras.

It was for the stalking software that was tracking her phone.

>>As much as is coming to light about his past now, LH had no reason to believe that SG wasn't a reasonable person. No reason to believe he was a narcissistic psychopath.

Thanks so much for this icu nurse - I must have missed that. Completely scrutinising the 500 page (?) judgment is hardwork, lol.

There are a number of things I find confusing in the judgement with regard to Lisa's actions - and I really want to try to clarify them more...I am thinking a TIMELINE of the last 2 days of her life (in terms of the text messages and phonecalls to her mother and Michelle/Lisa Brown etc), would be EXTREMELY useful. I couldn't find a timeline in the judgment, or online, does anyone know if one has been compliled? All those timestamps lined up and their respective associated material would be quite enlightening.

Not sure I completely agree though, icunurse...on your point about Lisa thinking Simon was a "reasonable person" - imo Simon's responses and control didn't seem reasonable, and by the end I think Lisa was beginning to see this too. I know you are defining "reasonable" to mean "unlikely to be pyschopatic" but I still would have thought she considered him as capable of "strong aggressive emotions" . I would have thought by the night before her death she was definitely thinking he wasn't "reasonable" at all, which is why she planned to leave. Thus I was confused why should would change a password of his, unless it was an impulsive decision of hers. (the possibility of which -ie "impusive decisions" - was conceded by the judge in her judgement - if my memory is correct) --- okay just checking that now

489- "....unlike previous occasions on which she had perhaps behaved impulsively....",

491 "Lisa Harnum may have been impulsive, maladaptive and oversensitive..."

Although those statements by the judge conflict with her previous statement (see 479) refuting the impulsive theory. - hmmm, only noticing this now for the first time!

In any case, I NEED a TIMELINE! If I have time, I will construct one....

A person loses their freedom, their family suffers also.

I just don't get it.

I have formed the opinion that on 30 July 2011, two people, from very different worlds collided.

Respectfully snipped by me.

A person has died, and an other person has lost his freedom.

A mother has lost a daughter with the grief that has no definitive time of ending.

Two worlds don't collide over a balcony toss.

Moo

I've just found some interesting info in regard to the Today Tonight debacle during SG's trial. I was reading about a book written by Kay Schubach titled Perfect Stranger. This is a true story of the horror that Kay suffered at the hands of her narcissisic and violent boyfriend. A story that eerily mirrors that of Lisa Harnum.

I was surprised to read a post on Kay's Facebook (posted 8 November 2013) where she mentions that there was nearly a contempt of court charge for Today Tonight. The episode was going ahead but she wouldn't be included in it.

https://www.facebook.com/perfectstrangerkayschubach

It seems that Today Tonight was going to hightlight and compare the close similarities between Kay Schubach and Lisa Harnum, who both were in relationships with a violent, controlling partner. Ironically both of these men are named Simon. I recall the advertised snippets of that particular Today Tonight episode and the woman who was interviewed looks very much like Kay Schubach.

Further reading about Kay Schubach.

my-life-with-the-playboy-rapist-by-kay-schubach/story-e6freuy9-1226281574197

kay-schubach-author-of-perfect-stranger-answers-ten-terrifying-questions/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads