Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another thought about this ... I believe that this call happened while Joanne was away holidaying with her friends at South West Rocks.

I wonder if Chris had Joanne call him at the pool, she said that he had her call him a lot because she was breaking away from him.

I am wondering if the call was one of the many calls Joanne made to him while she was away, at his insistence, because he claims it was an STD call - and I believe, back in the day, you could tell when a call was an STD call. The pips that happened before the call connected. Something Chris might have hoped the kiosk girls remembered and could vouch for.

My thought exactly. I'm hoping this may be the 'gotcha' moment when she gives evidence. I'm thinking also CD will be granted bail although I thought that anyone granted bail were required to reside in the jurisdiction. Maybe I'm wrong.

The issue is not even the twins can tell each other apart when looking in a mirror, how could passport officers? They said so in the Chequerboard program.

“Quite often, you will see a reflection of yourself and straight away you think, ‘ha, it’s the other one, it’s the twin brother’,” one of the twins tells the interviewer.

“Of course, on realisation, it’s obviously yourself, you sort of have a little chuckle that you could be confused. Our whole lives really are a mirrored reflection each other.”

Strange world of the Dawson twins

Has anyone heard from Paul since Chris was arrested? Peter has been active in the media.
I don't believe that. The identical twins that I know were, as children and young men so difficult to tell their mother used to sometimes ask 'which one are you?' but as they have aged the only time I cannot tell them apart is at a distance. They are still very much alike but with small differences.

I don't believe that. The identical twins that I know were, as children and young men so difficult to tell their mother used to sometimes ask 'which one are you?' but as they have aged the only time I cannot tell them apart is at a distance. They are still very much alike but with small differences.

Chris has aged beyond his years. The photo of him looking out the plane window looks as though he's been a lifetime smoker and drinker.

I don't believe that Customs and Immigration are going to notice small differences as an alert factor that the passport user is not Paul imo.

They see small differences all the time ... people change their hair colour and style, men grow beards and moustaches, a person ages from when their passport picture was taken but the passport has not yet expired.

Customs and Immigration are not looking for someone who looks exactly like their passport picture. They are looking for the basic identifying factors in their quick perusal of the passport holder. Eye colour, shape of mouth/eyebrows/nose/eyes ... things like that. Things that these men probably still have that are the same.

Last edited:
Having said that, I think he may make bail. The magistrate evidently needed time to go and look at some previous case law or something ... needed time to make a decision. Because an alleged murderer is not supposed to make bail, other than in 'exceptional circumstances'.

I don't believe that Customs and Immigration are going to notice small differences as an alert factor that the passport user is not Paul imo.

They see small differences all the time ... people change their hair colour and style, men grow beards and moustaches, a person ages from when their passport picture was taken but the passport has not yet expired.

Customs and Immigration are not looking for someone who looks exactly like their passport picture. They are looking for the basic identifying factors in their quick perusal of the passport holder. Eye colour, shape of mouth/eyebrows/nose/eyes ... things like that. Things that these men probably still have that are the same.
Yes, I agree about the passports, what I don't agree with is that they could mistake each other in a mirror.

I don’t have the link at hand so MOO but I believe the court said if Chris was to Be released it was to be into the care of his third wife Sue.

Not so much the court saying that, but it was part of the offer/suggestion of the defence and prosecution.

It is one of the reasons that I think he may make bail .. because the prosecution agreed with that item, if he is granted strict conditional bail.

Both the defence and prosecution agreed that Mr Dawson should return to his home in Coolum on the Gold Coast in Queensland, where he lives with his third wife, if he is granted strict conditional bail.
Lawyer brother of accused wife killer Chris Dawson lashes out at media

Last edited:
I wonder how safe Joanne Curtis will be for the next year as an important witness in the trial. I would keep CD locked up because of her.
if he suddenly has an apiphany and realises his goose is cooked and he is going down...what would he really have to loose in eliminating JC?
he wouldn't serve anymore time. he'll die in jail before his time is up for killing lyn.

yes they should definitely keep him locked up.
he is a very big loose cannon.

joanne deserves to feel and most importantly BE safe from him.

moo imo

if he suddenly has an apiphany and realises his goose is cooked and he is going down...what would he really have to loose in eliminating JC?
he wouldn't serve anymore time. he'll die in jail before his time is up for killing lyn.

yes they should definitely keep him locked up.
he is a very big loose cannon.

joanne deserves to feel and most importantly BE safe from him.

moo imo

If magistrate Williams feels the case is strong he should not allow Dawson bail in my humble opinion.

Witnesses should not have to live in fear that a guy with a reputation for making people disappear is at large.

There is also the flight risk. What has Dawson got to lose doing a runner? Absolutely nothing, and we have already heard he has money and money comes in very handy when you are doing a runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place