Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you again, Cliffie.

Apropos of your post there, wasn't there another girl ?? a prefect who was before Joanne? ..

Considering Chris's birthday gift to Paul, which comes round every year at the same time, it would be difficult to ignore as a comparison any other gift he may get for birthdays.. stacked up against a leaf blower , for example..!
Did some hunting around regarding the babysitter who preceded JC.

From a 2018 article I read the following :

"One of the family's other babysitters, Bev McNally of Cromer, is a new witness in the case against Chris Dawson."

I know her mother Helena rang a lot of hospitals in Australia and New Zealand and no one had heard of Lyn.
Re LD dropping out of sight. Her lack of a driving licence is also highly relevant. Any long trip she had to make would have involved a bus or train or airline ticket. Way back then bus tickets were probably marginally computerised but not so the other two. Since she has never received a D licence since the disappearance, we must assume she has been driven everywhere locally by taxi drivers and friends. Yet there's not a trace. This only happens with people who don't breathe.

Interesting witness called today. Initials KL, who told the judge she had a circle of 10 friends at Cromer High, including JC, and Chris Dawson was her physical education teacher.

KL was sitting next to JC at South West Rocks when Dawson arrived there to take her home.

KL described Chris Dawson at the time as being "very flirtatious" and "very vain"

So, flirtatious and vain. Who would have guessed that - LOL.

Have any of you seen the wedding pictures of chris and joanne?
so far I have only seen them outside paywall on tv news.
holy moly....cheap as cheap skates can get.
there is a picture floating round of them at the cake cutting....on the bench.....beside the stove.
All the while he places Lynette's rings on joanne's fingers.

WHAT A GUY....WHAT A CATCH.:oops:

Was there a new podcast issued this past weekend at The Australian?
There is scheduled to be one at the end of each week of the trial and so far that has been the pattern. Expect the 3rd one after Friday.

We have reached the mid-point of the trial too. They said 5 weeks and we are two and a half weeks in.

Three weeks before she disappeared from her Bayview home, Lynette Dawson was seen at tennis with a “grapefruit-sized bruise” on her leg and bruising on her arms, a court has heard.

“She was really wanting me to go back to her place for coffee,” her friend Roslyn McLoughlin told the NSW Supreme Court on Thursday. “She was very adamant that she needed someone with her.”

Not sure how much the judge knew about Chris Dawson pre-trial but he must be thinking 'what a piece of work' he is by now.

Just reflecting back for a minute :

February 2001: The first coronial inquest was held. Deputy State Coroner Jan Stevenson concluded that Lyn Dawson had been murdered and that her killer was someone she knew. The coroner recommended charges be laid.

However, the Director of Public Prosecutions, Nicholas Cowdery, QC, refused to do so because he said there was not enough evidence.

February 2003: A second coronial inquest was held. Coroner Carl Milovanovich recommended laying charges against Chris Dawson.

August 2003: Nicholas Cowdery refused to prosecute Chris Dawson, again citing
there was not enough evidence.

A former babysitter says she saw Chris Dawson being violent, including a time when he grabbed his wife Lynette and slammed her into a doorframe at their Sydney home.

Giving evidence at Dawson's murder trial on Thursday, the witness, referred to as BM, said that in 1980 she saw Dawson grab his wife by the arm and swing her into their daughters' bedroom.

"Lynette was also like a ragdoll because he was a lot bigger and as he grabbed her and swung her, she actually collected the doorframe with her shoulder and possibly her head," BM told the NSW Supreme Court.

It all goes from bad to worse :eek:

Last edited:
I must say how impressive I have found the prosecution witnesses. Strong, articulate and with integrity.

I wonder if PD and MD will be prosecution or defence witnesses? Will CD take the stand? After all this time and he is genuine about clearing his name, he needs to.

When I see CD, I see a sad, pathetic old man, who is no longer powerful, but absolutely powerless with no authority or control over others. The wheel has turned.

I must say how impressive I have found the prosecution witnesses. Strong, articulate and with integrity.

I wonder if PD and MD will be prosecution or defence witnesses? Will CD take the stand? After all this time and he is genuine about clearing his name, he needs to.

When I see CD, I see a sad, pathetic old man, who is no longer powerful, but absolutely powerless with no authority or control over others. The wheel has turned.
Zero chance Chris Dawson takes the stand.

Paul & Marilyn would need to be dragged kicking and screaming to appear.

There is no way I can see that happening. They would have to be cross examined if they do. Statements such as driving up to Queensland alone have been made in the past. This would also apply to MD.

They didn't even turn up for the 2003 inquest as their brother represented them. They are unlikely to be giving evidence.

I think PD and MD are staying safely in Queensland. Where is TWIN 1 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member