ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Police have contacted interstate and international agencies in their search for a man wanted in connection with the scalding of a baby in a Brisbane park last month.”

“On August 27, the boy’s mother was enjoying a picnic at Hanlon Park in Greenslopes with a friend and their two infant children when a man reportedly approached the nine-month-old and poured a Thermos of scalding coffee over him.”

“The infant suffered burns to his face, arms and legs, while bystanders helped his mother call emergency services.”

"We are talking with New South Wales, we're talking with Victoria, and we're talking with overseas agencies as well," he said.

"We expect to have some further information on that on Monday or Tuesday."

Interstate and international agencies join Brisbane coffee assault manhunt

I’m going to throw in a bit of a hypothetical timeline.

I think the suspect has gone to get changed, taken a ride-share to the airport and he’s boarded his plane overseas from Brisbane international airport whilst mum and the friend were showering the infant and getting baby Luka to the hospital.

I would say he didn’t take a bag to the airport - just his passport and wallet. He may have purchased a small carry-on bag from the airport shops, and taken that on the plane to give some appearance of some semblance of normality.
I would assume the initial 000 call (if there was one made?) was diverted to the ambulance section, and the police would have been informed and met mum and baby at the hospital.

When baby was stable enough for mum to be interviewed, that might have been like 3 or 4 hours after the alleged crime occurred. The suspect could have been half way to Indonesia by that time. Imo the police won’t interrupt emergency burns care for an infant for an interview. I doubt that Doctors would have allowed that, even if the police had tried. IMO

How long did it take QPOL to get the CCTV footage? I would say minimum 5 hours after the incident occurred.

I would say that at this point, law enforcement have close to zero chance of tracking this abhorrent person down. Zero. I really hope I’m wrong.

On a positive note, baby Luka’s treatment fund is now at $147’000.00

https://www..com/f/baby-lukas-medical-treatments

Thank goodness for so many kind individuals out there.

I really feel for this entire family and all of the witnesses, and most of all for the child whose life and development has been adversely impacted by a horrible human being. I want to see him brought back to Queensland and face the justice system.

Hot coffee baby attacker identified, but he has left the country​

By Marissa Calligeros​

A man who threw a Thermos of hot coffee over a nine-month-old baby in a suburban Brisbane park has been identified as a foreign national who has left the country, Queensland Police have confirmed.
“This is one of the most complex and frustrating investigations … I’ve been involved with,” Brisbane Detective Inspector Paul Dalton said.
A man captured running from a Brisbane park after hot liquid was poured over a nine-month-old boy in a random attack.

... (snip by me)
Police have since identified the man as a 33-year-old foreign national who has been coming and going from Australia on working and holiday visas since 2019.
“It wasn’t until September 1 that we were able to put a name to the face in the CCTV,” Dalton said.
Dalton confirmed the man travelled to NSW by car in the wake of the attack at Hanlon Park in Stones Corner on August 27, and was in NSW on August 28.
He flew out of Australia on August 31.

from the daily updates on smh

Here is a news article that isn’t paywalled, in case anyone wanted to read the whole article.

Man accused of pouring hot coffee on baby in random attack has fled the country, police say​

“A man accused of pouring hot coffee on a nine-month-old boy in a random attack has fled the country, police say.

On Monday Queensland Police said the 33-year-old man accused of the attack has been identified but has fled the country.

He travelled by car to NSW on August 28 before flying out of Sydney Airport on AUgust 31, police have said.”

DI Dalton says that still have no motive for the attack.

And he flew out of the country on his own passport! Too bad they weren't quicker at identifying him, they may have been able to catch him at the airport.

Last edited:
Asked about counter-surveillance, Detective Inspector Dalton said the man was "aware of what we do to find people".

..... the accused was "aware of police methodologies" and had been "conducting counter-surveillance activities".

He said the first name given to police was incorrect.

"It wasn't until the first of September that we were able to put a name to the face in the CCTV. Even at that stage, we probably didn't have enough evidence to obtain a warrant," he said.

"We've since been to New South Wales and Victoria to gather that information, and the warrant has been granted."

A warrant has been obtained for acts intending to cause grievous bodily harm, which carries a possible life sentence.

Lots of info about where he lived/stayed etc in this article.

I wonder what the chance is of him ever being caught? I guess it depends entirely on what country he goes to and what level of cooperation that country has with authorities in Australia? I guess then I kind of hope it is a country like Canada (sorry Canadians) that would cooperate and would, I'm sure, get right on it given they wouldn't want the same thing happening there?

I wonder why he took so long to flee the country if he was in NSW for 3 days before leaving?

I guess he may not have had the funds?

Sounds as cunning as an alley rat to me.....always one step ahead. :mad: IMO

Sounds like he didn't want to hang around Brisbane and use their airport.

But I'm wondering if there was no direct link from Brisbane to where he wanted to go, and that's why he left from Sydney airport.
I imagine there will be not only CCTV from the airport but at service stations along the way, and anywhere else he may have stopped during his fleeing Brisbane.

I wonder if it was his car or a rental. Or maybe be stole one. Or borrowed one.

(Snipped by me)
A warrant has been obtained for acts intending to cause grievous bodily harm, which carries a possible life sentence.

Lots of info about where he lived/stayed etc in this article.

I absolutely love the bit about “A POSSIBLE LIFE SENTENCE.”

As we thought, he was disguised ...

But the boy’s mother told press she had since seen a photo of the accused man without his hat, glasses and “outfit” and would not have recognised him.

He was not known to police and had no charges against his name.
Dalton said the police could not identify to the public which country the man had fled to, but investigators were in contact with authorities from the foreign country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back