ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This puts a whole different take on things doesn’t it.
Who goes to that much trouble to pour hot liquid on a baby? This requires international intrigue?
The fact that the authorities are withholding the person’s name and the name of the country indicates to me that they are not expecting this country to cooperate.
“Operations” are ongoing?
Very strange.

Driving from Annerley to Sydney airport is roughly 10 hours. Annerley, Queensland, is the last publicised town that we have been told the creature was seen at.

View attachment 530011
Yep, easily done in a day. So what did he do for at least another full day ( 30th ) ??

Can't imagine how frustrated the cops are with this case!

What a strange case! :oops:

So...
The perp "was conducting
Counter-surveillance activities" :rolleyes:
Ummm....

I guess in normal language it means he was hiding, right?

"Police said the man was in the country on a visa
and had addresses 'across the eastern seaboard' but not in Queensland.

The accused had been an 'itinerant' worker in Queensland, NSW and Victoria
and police had interviewed some of his former colleagues.

He caught a rideshare car into central Brisbane,
before moving onto Caxton Street
where the trail went cold."

Last edited:

So
The perp was conducting
"Counter-surveillance activities" :rolleyes:
Ummm....

I agree with you, Dotta, he definitely was hiding while in Australia. And I am pretty positive, LE keep certain information (his name, name of the country he fled to, etc.) secret as they don't let the suspect know what they know, to predict his next move and don't let him hide from justice any more. JMOO

So...
The perp "was conducting
Counter-surveillance activities" :rolleyes:
Ummm....

I think it (partly) means that he somehow got an incorrect identification of the man in the CCTV to the police, one that seemed quite plausible. And perhaps that was somehow confirmed by the rideshare. Threw them a red herring that took a while to sort out. While he was making his getaway.

He said the first name given to police was incorrect.

I think it (partly) means that he somehow got an incorrect identification of the man in the CCTV to the police, one that seemed quite plausible. And perhaps that was somehow confirmed by the rideshare. Threw them a red herring that took a while to sort out. While he was making his getaway.

He said the first name given to police was incorrect.

DM reports
the perp was
"an 'itinerant' worker in Queensland, NSW and Victoria
and
"had addresses
'across the eastern seaboard' but not in Queensland."

Maybe he used different aliases?

Curiouser and curiouser :oops:

JMO

Last edited:
Sometimes he came on a working visa, other times he came on a tourist visa.

The moving around to different addresses may have been to go where the work was, ie fruit picking.

Yes, I am thinking something like fruit picking also. We had measures in place during the worst of covid to keep agricultural workers safe and allow them to continue to work.

Eg:
Agriculture was designated an essential business and as such has continued operating throughout the pandemic. They have however had to develop and implement COVID plans to keep workers safe.
Workforce issues were identified early, particularly seasonal workers (those who travel from their usual place of residence to another place to work).

Last edited:
Sometimes he came on a working visa, other times he came on a tourist visa.

The moving around to different addresses may have been to go where the work was, ie fruit picking.
In the pics of him, he certainly had large, developed calves. So perhaps fruit picking… having to reach for fruit on trees or vines has helped build up his calves?

These were the stats in 2016/2017 (I realise he wasn't here then, but they are the best stats that I can find). Published in 2018.

In 2016-17 there were 6,166 workers who came to Australia on the Seasonal Workers Program. There were 148,500 working holiday visa holders in Australia in 2016. Most came from the United Kingdom (27,770), followed by Germany (18,340), Taiwan (17,490), South Korea (15,620) and France (14,160).

The article also mentions Pacific Islanders (Fiji, Tonga) working in the Seasonal Work Program.

Detective Inspector Dalton said police had interviewed the man's former colleagues, but had not identified any family members in Australia.

He did not rule out sending Queensland detectives overseas to investigate.

He said the man travelled to Sydney by car and police were looking for that vehicle, which is believed to be in NSW.

What kind of job allows coming and going around Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne? Who's here on temporary visas? Especially since 2019, when Australia and many countries might have been in pandemic lockdowns?
IMHO The perp might use either one: temporally(working visa or visitor visa) or permanent- carer visa that let him care of an elderly relative who resides in Australia; plus, let him travel in and out of Australia as many times as he wants to for several years.
Thus, he could hold either one.

Last edited:
I guess he looks the same
MINUS
"nerdish" look.

I'm afraid he is lost to Australian LE :(

He won't be coming back to do this 'itinerant' work.
That's for sure.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver