ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lengthy article.
1726059893566.png
Sep 11. '24 rbbm.
“Counter-surveillance can be as simple as, ‘I’ll call in a bodgy name to police, I’ll leave my phone somewhere, because I know they can trace me on my phone and I’ll just get another prepaid one somewhere else,’” he said.
“You know, ‘I’ll book into a motel with a bodgy name, I’ll avoid using credit cards,’ it’s all that. It doesn’t need to be terribly sophisticated.”

Mr Bezzina added the “real concern is that he was thinking to employ these counter-surveillance tactics while he is on the run and what it says about his state of mind”.

“There will be a genuine fear he is one of those people who gets off on playing a cat-and-mouse game with detectives and that thinks he’s smart and wants to be chased by police,” he said.

“I mean, why would anyone want to spill boiling water on a baby? And then they’re looking to employ tactics to escape? You really need to look at the type of person we’re dealing with here — and it’s not good.”

Lengthy article.
View attachment 530497
Sep 11. '24 rbbm.
“Counter-surveillance can be as simple as, ‘I’ll call in a bodgy name to police, I’ll leave my phone somewhere, because I know they can trace me on my phone and I’ll just get another prepaid one somewhere else,’” he said.
“You know, ‘I’ll book into a motel with a bodgy name, I’ll avoid using credit cards,’ it’s all that. It doesn’t need to be terribly sophisticated.”

Mr Bezzina added the “real concern is that he was thinking to employ these counter-surveillance tactics while he is on the run and what it says about his state of mind”.

“There will be a genuine fear he is one of those people who gets off on playing a cat-and-mouse game with detectives and that thinks he’s smart and wants to be chased by police,” he said.

“I mean, why would anyone want to spill boiling water on a baby? And then they’re looking to employ tactics to escape? You really need to look at the type of person we’re dealing with here — and it’s not good.”
From the article - a possible clue to the country he’s in - third-world. Maybe Cambodia or Laos? Someone upthread said it was likely Southeast Asia.

The former cop said he was confident that in the long run the man’s attempt to evade justice would be futile.

“There is sometimes a concern that in some third-world countries they don’t particularly have a ‘care factor’ about crimes committed outside their borders,” he said.

Police have described the person as an “itinerant” worker.

“He said the man did not appear to work in any way with law enforcement but was an "itinerant" worker who had been employed in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.”

1726106717468.jpeg

Certainly sounds to me like a fruit pickers description.

The Independent, a British online news site based in London is running the story, with a photo of the perp. Which is great, the more his face gets shown out there, the better the chance of catching him.

Am I the only one who thinks that this man looks rather old? Like 60... well beyond adolescent pranks.

Am I the only one who thinks that this man looks rather old? Like 60... well beyond adolescent pranks.
I had the same thought, was in disbelief when authorities said he was 33 years old. Maybe all that evil that's clearly inside him is aging him prematurely!

Last edited:
The drug running angle might have legs, but IMO if they were involved in organised crime I wouldn’t expect the family to publicly be as “shocked” and perplexed by the attack - not that it wouldn’t be shocking even if they were criminal adjacent, but they’d know who their “enemies” were if that was the case, so you’d imagine more of a private discourse with authorities than the broad public appeal we’ve seen.
I see your point.

The victim’s family might have enemies. They might have a drug or gambling debt. I’m not sure.

Or maybe the mum was a victim of stalking, and the guy had a weird fascination with her.

But in general, and not to assume anything and not to blame the victim’s family at all, I feel like when questioned by Police - some people like to pretend like, oh, life is normal, we are just a young family blah blah blah, when sometimes there’s more going on that they don’t want to talk about.

But as you said, there could be more private discussions with the victim’s family and police that the public are not privy too. Maybe there was a family feud, or some other family issues going on behind the scenes.

I guess when something like this happens, the public and the victims want to know why, and I think that’s a part of the thought process behind wanting to prevent anything like that happening again, so it’s only natural to wonder….. why?

Could it be a political or terrorist type thing? Maybe he was trying to make some kind of political statement?
Yes, that might be the case. IMO.

Nothing would surprise me. Stranger things have happened. Maybe the suspect had a beef with the Australian Government or with the Police.

Moo

Last edited:
It's almost like he wanted the CCTV cameras to get a good shot of his face.

He looks older in the one where's he's sitting on the brick fence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjberry5954
Back