ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Behind a paywall, I think. Posting it here for those who subscribe.

It says (paraphrased) that the journalist/BT has spoken with the man whose house has the CCTV that captured the attacker running. He heard a scream, saw the man running, no-one was chasing him.

He said the police spent hours at his place studying his CCTV. He, personally, thought that the attacker wasn't even running quickly.

The police had been investigating whether or not the attacker had been sleeping rough at Stones Corner, but the journalist couldn't find any shop owners, residents or walkers who had seen him before. (Not that that means much imo. The baby's mum said she didn't recognise him in an undisguised photo.)

The mum has requested that she and her baby not be identified. The mum and baby had only been at the park for about 10 mins when her baby was attacked,

Last edited:
How sad!

"Nobody was chasing him"
"The attacker wasn't even running quickly".

Considering
it was "Mums' meeting" with their babies,
the total shock and helping injured boy and his Mum,
and total mayhem
it is not surprising though.

The situation needed a big guy to tackle the attacker,
not terrified women.

JMO

Last edited:
How sad!

"Nobody was chasing him"
"The attacker wasn't even running quickly".

Considering
it was "Mums' meeting" with their babies,
the total shock and helping injured boy and his Mum,
and total mayhem
it is not surprising though.

The situation needed a big guy to tackle the attacker,
not terrified women.

JMO

I'm pretty sure that one of the early articles said that the mum's friend chased him, but she tripped and fell. So she probably didn't make it into the CCTV vision.

imo

Yes, this article says the friend initially chased him, but she (understandably) ran back to help the baby .... She told of how she tried to chase the man but he was “very fast”, and she tripped while attempting to keep up.
“Essentially all I could hear was his mum screaming that ‘it’s hot. it’s hot. It’s hot coffee’,” Ms Mazza said.
“So I ran back and as I ran back picked up my water bottle and dumped it over him,” she said. Link

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back