ACTIVE SEARCH Australia. Man wanted after pouring hot coffee on baby in park, Brisbane, Queensland. 27th August 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the creature responsible has returned to his city of birth, the LE will have an awful lot of people to search through….

Hangzhou, China. Population: 11.94 million in 2020
Area: 16,847 klms sq

Compared to:-

Sydney, Australia. Population: 218,090 in 2022
Area: 12,145 klms sq
Sydney has five and a half million people.

If the creature responsible has returned to his city of birth, the LE will have an awful lot of people to search through….

Hangzhou, China. Population: 11.94 million in 2020
Area: 16,847 klms sq

Compared to:-

Sydney, Australia. Population: 5.5 million in 2022
Area: 12,145 klms sq

Edit: error in transposing pop figures - thanks for correcting me Tootsie and Iamshadow. Oops.

My opinion only ... if the Chinese govt want to find him, they will find him.

I am not sure how good or bad our diplomatic relationship is with China at the moment. I suspect it is more about improved diplomacy, as to why our police are not naming him. In other words, if we act diplomatic maybe the Chinese govt will look for him and let us bring him back to Australia.

I am not sure how good or bad our diplomatic relationship is with China at the moment. I suspect it is more about improved diplomacy, as to why our police are not naming him. In other words, if we act diplomatic maybe the Chinese govt will look for him and let us bring him back to Australia.
I think China might do that only because they wouldn't want him to be around their people either.

Then again, they might just 'disappear' him and be done with it, to avoid the hassle.

I think China might do that only because they wouldn't want him to be around their people either.

Hopefully he is not the son or relative of a wealthy, influential person. I only wonder if he comes from money because he was able to come to Australia for holidays and to study.

Although they say that he did work here as an itinerant worker (presumably a working holiday), so maybe he comes from a middle class family.

China doesn't allow extradition of its citizens.

Article 1: This Law is enacted for the purpose of ensuring normal extradition, strengthening international cooperation in punishing crimes, protecting the lawful rights and interests of individuals and organizations, safeguarding national interests and maintaining public order.

Article 3: The People's Republic of China cooperates with foreign states in extradition on the basis of equality and reciprocity.
No cooperation in extradition may impair the sovereignty, security or public interests of the People's Republic of China.

Article 7: Request for extradition made by a foreign state to the People's Republic of China may be granted only when it meets the following conditions:

(1) the conduct indicated in the request for extradition constitutes an offence according to the laws of both the People's Republic of China and the Requesting State; and

(2) where the request for extradition is made for the purpose of instituting criminal proceedings, the offence indicated in the request for extradition is, under the laws of both the People's Republic of China and the Requesting State, punishable by a fixed term of imprisonment for one year or more or by any other heavier criminal penalty .......

Laws of the People's Republic of China

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin