Australia Australia - Marianne Schmidt & Christine Sharrock, both 15, Wanda Beach, 11 Jan 1965

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the bolded is clipped from this article already kindly posted in this thread.
Derek Percy | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

One of the problems with investigating Percy was that police did not have a sample of his DNA. Police in Victoria can by law take DNA samples from anybody convicted of a crime, but Percy was never convicted, having been found not guilty by reason of insanity. This legal loophole meant that police could not take his DNA. In at least one of the murders for which Percy is a suspect, it is believed that DNA from the crime scene has been preserved.

these kind of prisoner rights have to stop. they should have had his dna since 1970
they have dna for wanda beach so thinking yes its derek percy
cant wait for sunday night!

another thought about him.
he might not have been convicted of all these other cases he is suspected of but at least he was never free. he went to jail for killing Yvonne and was never released.

I was looking at Christopher Wilder in relation to another murder and noticed this link. A few on the board have eluded to the Sunday Night episode so I assume that was who you were talking about.

Wilder found with girl's help - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 17 Apr 1984 Funny it took Sunday Night 14 years to publicise something that had been looked at by police in 1984.

"In Sydney, police have called for Mr Wilder's blood sample to compare it with that of the Wanda Beach
murderer's."

A couple of other articles from trove re Christopher Wilder.

NSW man wanted - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 7 Apr 1984

Australian murder suspect dies in scuffle with US police - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 15 Apr 1984

I was looking at Christopher Wilder in relation to another murder and noticed this link. A few on the board have eluded to the Sunday Night episode so I assume that was who you were talking about.

Wilder found with girl's help - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 17 Apr 1984 Funny it took Sunday Night 14 years to publicise something that had been looked at by police in 1984.

"In Sydney, police have called for Mr Wilder's blood sample to compare it with that of the Wanda Beach
murderer's."

A couple of other articles from trove re Christopher Wilder.

NSW man wanted - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 7 Apr 1984

Australian murder suspect dies in scuffle with US police - The Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 - 1995) - 15 Apr 1984

So, maybe somewhere there is Christopher Wilder´s DNA?

NoCookies | The Australian

‘I did that’: startling breakthrough in 1965 Wanda Beach murder mystery

The battle to bring historic child sex abuse offences to court has unearthed a startling confession to one of Australia’s most infamous unsolved crimes: the murder of two teenage girls at Sydney’s Wanda Beach.

It was 1972, seven years after the bodies of Marianne Schmidt and Christine Sharrock were found partially buried at the beach, when a young Sydney man turned to his girlfriend and said: “I did that.”

Police have been told the man went to the same school as the two 15-year-old Wanda victims, lived a short walk from their homes and matched the description of an unidentified teenage boy who was initially a key suspect. His secret confession has only come to light decades later, after a woman went to police to report that her father had subjected her to horrific sexual abuse for years as a young girl. During police investigations into the abuse his former wife, the woman’s mother, revealed for the first time that when they were dating he had claimed to be the Wanda Beach killer.

“I have never forgotten this conversation and after learning of the atrocities (he) has committed over the years … I believe he is capable of anything,” she told police.

The former used car salesman was convicted in the NSW District Court in 2018 of the sexual abuse of his daughter and is serving an eight-year prison sentence.

i suspect they may hae aranged to meet the person who killed them

the only conection between all 4 mrders that i can see is they all had non english names

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back