Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point from Mr Smith!

He got DdH to admit that although RB told her he was regularly travelling overseas to visit family, it doesn't mean it's true – he 100% lied to her about it!

For example, when RB went overseas with JO, he said he was visiting family but obviously wasn't.

With this logic, he could have been lying other times he went overseas, including the time both he and Marion were overseas at the same time.

RB's story and alibis are falling apart :cool:

The fact she claims "she saw bruising on him" after been mugged in Amsterdam, show she is willing lying to cover for him and she knows she is lying, we know it didn't happen, he was back in Australia not Amsterdam in hospital. There was no bruising as per JO testimony

she doesn't even remember the trip but she remembers he was mugged on the trip she cant remember him going on, and remembers the bruising we know was never there as he was never mugged, the only mug is her.

I can’t believe how many times DDH and RB have moved around Australia? I wonder what was their motivation to move to Tassie, maybe an inheritance for DDH from her uncle? What I’m super curious about is when LCA asked DDH if she had knowledge of a $5million euro inheritance? If anyone knows please add more to this . Thanks in advance

I can’t believe how many times DDH and RB have moved around Australia? I wonder what was their motivation to move to Tassie, maybe an inheritance for DDH from her uncle? What I’m super curious about is when LCA asked DDH if she had knowledge of a $5million euro inheritance? If anyone knows please add more to this . Thanks in advance
The 5 million euro thing is very intriguing. I’m wondering if they actually took advantage of elderly family members such as her uncle. A big speculation on my behalf, but I wonder.

She again said cousins then his other BROTHER died.... yesterday she slipped up saying his brothers again, not cousins as mentioned earlier by her.
I am still standing by the Lineage of WW and 2 brothers born to Coppenolle and David

Today she specified that he referred to them as his brothers even though technically they were cousins as he was raised by his Aunt.

It’s a wonder that she even stayed with and is still with the guy. Wouldn’t you think after all the weirdness, the name changes constantly, the constant affairs, his frequency in just up and leaving for however long he wanted whenever he wanted, seemingly not prioritising being present for his wife and family… wouldn’t you just kick him to the curb?
Then when you find out his weirdness continued and has actually been connected to a missing person… and is actually THE LAST person to see her alive… wouldn’t you kick him to the curb again (if not the first time!!????) Wouldnt you just not want any part of it?
Then when you find out you have to actually be a witness in a coronial inquest, which is an extremely serious matter, because of his actions… wouldn’t you ditch the guy?!
And then after your first day on the stand being asked (grilled) about HIS ACTIONS that you have zero responsibility for (if that’s really the case) wouldn’t you chuck out his a$$ for once and for all? Instead of joining together, corroborating stories/evidence for round two the next day just to ensure you absolutely cover his (stupid/evil) a$$ for him?

Given all of the above, that despite all of their history and the serious situation they now find themselves in TOGETHER, I just don’t think she is innocent. I don’t think her actions to remain in a relationship and beyond that, to actually provide unwavering support to him and to dismiss any kind of responsibility he should take or wrongdoing of his and to blame others, is evidence of an innocent party. I am confident she is also guilty of something/s and that this guilt/huge secret has kept them together.

I am swinging back to my original thought in that DdeH had very little idea what the hell RB was doing with all his dealings. I do think she is scared she will be implicated but overall I do now believe she had very little idea of what old mate was up too in the bigger scheme of things.
And just the way Casselden intervened at cross examination showed that potentially DdeH signed the documents prior to them being filled out by RB.
Just my observation....

She says she met him on ship Jan 1970 and he was in AU for about 3 months, yet we know he & IK left AU together on Feb 15 1970. Something doesn’t add up.

She repeated again today that she met him on a ship in 1970 but authorities know she didn't. She has been told to lie about that. IMO the trip back was in 1974/5 when he left prison in Europe.

Diane claims they left Southampton for Sydney in Jan 1970 on P & O Chusan and arrived in March 1970.

The SS Chusan was a British ocean liner and cruise ship, built for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company's Indian and Far East Service in 1950. She was named after Chusan, a small island off China. A smaller version of the SS Himalaya

From 1963 also operated to Sydney, Australia. In 1973, she retired from service and was sold to be scrapped at Chou’s Iron and Steel Company Ltd. in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
  • January 1970: Last P&O voyage to UK/India/Far East but the route was not to Sydney.
Therefore IMO they couldn't have caught that ship as she led us to believe that they disembarked in Sydney. She did say it was the ship's last voyage. She didn't say they then flew from the Far East to Sydney.

She is obfuscating so I wonder why?

She repeated again today that she met him on a ship in 1970 but authorities know she didn't. She has been told to lie about that. IMO the trip back was in 1974/5 when he left prison in Europe.

Diane claims they left Southampton for Sydney in Jan 1970 on P & O Chusan and arrived in March 1970.

The SS Chusan was a British ocean liner and cruise ship, built for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company's Indian and Far East Service in 1950. She was named after Chusan, a small island off China. A smaller version of the SS Himalaya

From 1963 also operated to Sydney, Australia. In 1973, she retired from service and was sold to be scrapped at Chou’s Iron and Steel Company Ltd. in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
  • January 1970: Last P&O voyage to UK/India/Far East but the route was not to Sydney.
Therefore IMO they couldn't have caught that ship as she led us to believe that they disembarked in Sydney. She did say it was the ship's last voyage. She didn't say they then flew from the Far East to Sydney.

it did sail to Australia via Fremantle, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney departing Jan 1970.
Passenger list View digital copy

Neither DdH nor RB have worked since 1986?!

can they pay back every sorry cent the government have given them
I am swinging back to my original thought in that DdeH had very little idea what the hell RB was doing with all his dealings. I do think she is scared she will be implicated but overall I do now believe she had very little idea of what old mate was up too in the bigger scheme of things.
And just the way Casselden intervened at cross examination showed that potentially DdeH signed the documents prior to them being filled out by RB.
Just my observation....

even if she didn't know, she is actively lying for him now and she knows she is lying.

I have zero sympathy for her, if she told the truth I may muster some respect but to bare face lie, I hope she rots with him.

I think she is using whatever year comes into her head, not necessarily lying.

Maybe the manifest will tell if they are on it!

Wait! Which reaction?
Hard to explain, but when she was really being pushed in the questioning she responded with… aggression? She leaned forward (profile, because it was towards the lectern) and her chin came up a bit and she had a look of rage on her face. It was brief, maybe a couple of seconds, but it was definitely there. And it was definitely NOT meek.

I think she is using whatever year comes into her head, not necessarily lying.

she lied about the seeing the bruising on him after been mugged in Amsterdam, we know it never happened he was in Aus not Amsterdam, no bruising according to JO's testimony ( because it never happened).

She doesn't remember the trip he took but remembers he was beaten up on the trip she cant remember him taking and remembers the bruising to his ribs. This was all to contradict JO's evidence, she straight out lied and knows she is lying, nothing to do with forgetting a year or details, the incident never happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member