DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

RB reminds me of the type of scammer that never has enough money as soon as he gets some it’s aready spent.. police should seize his electronic devices there’s no way he wouldn’t have tried online scams..
If RB got his wife to use Marian’s medicare card for an appointment to create proof of life…why stop there?? It would have created more confusion by using it again later that year or the following year…it doesn’t make sense…

RB as a person being a cowardly slimy scam artist… would think himself highly intelligent (but not necessarily so)..would be excellent at observation, very good attention to detail, able to read assess people very well (especially.women), very calm under pressure able to adapt very easily to changes in circumstances… would have probably adapted to the internet age quite well and more than likely have had scams online …
Would have definitely done the Facebook post about Marion, not sure about crimes stoppers tip off, (seems more like something a women or someone empathetic would say.. “she didn’t intend to disappear..”

If RB got his wife to use Marian’s medicare card for an appointment to create proof of life…why stop there?? It would have created more confusion by using it again later that year or the following year…it doesn’t make sense…
I think after she got back home (in secret) even though intending to return overseas she slowly became incapacitated due to whatever RB was trying to control her with…

It may not have been to implant proof of life so much as just ‘let’s see what we can get for free’ -or- an attempt to accrue further documents to scaffold a fake Marion identity -or- a fishing expedition to try glean as much authentic info on Marion as possible for the purposes of impersonating -or- he could have had some alternate purpose or sold the card on to someone else.

It may not have been to implant proof of life so much as just ‘let’s see what we can get for free’ -or- an attempt to accrue further documents to scaffold a fake Marion identity -or- a fishing expedition to try glean as much authentic info on Marion as possible for the purposes of impersonating -or- he could have had some alternate purpose or sold the card on to someone else.
If he sold it on..surely they would have used it again…
& I don’t think it would be enticing as a freebie..healthcare is very free and accessible here in Aust.

Was it used at a new surgery? If was her regular drs they may have remembered her face..if it was a new dr they would have needed other ids with address..to register..

i can understand why it seems likely she never got back home… but the Medicare thing is just so w.e.i.r.d…

I don’t even think RB would know about the police being able to link a missing/deceased person with a Medicare visit..

I would have thought of many other things before this….

Leaving a note for a friend.. atm/bank information,

Things don’t always go perfectly to plan…if there was a problem getting more money overseas (which makes sense because it was such a recent name change) RB would have moved heaven & earth to get MB to get back home and release it… buying her a ticket home is not outside of possibilities…

Updated: Monday, 14 November 2022 2:36 PM AEDT

When Ghislaine Dubois-Danlois placed a personal ad in a newspaper, she received numerous letters in response.
But there was one that stood out above the rest.

Dubois-Danlois’ daughter-in-law Alexandra Peereboom recalled meeting the man for the first time on August 9, 2006, during a family dinner in Tervuren, Belgium – even then, she felt something was off.

“I can tell you that the day of that family dinner, I left the table to go cry in the bathroom because I could feel it wouldn’t end well,” Peereboom recalls.

Peereboom believes de Hedervary disappeared because he could not access the money Dubois-Danlois got from selling her house, as she had used it to buy a piece of property next to her son’s farm in the southwest of France.

Listening to the recap podcasts and unless I misunderstood there was money (10k?) in a UK Barclays account that remained untouched (as well as her super).. this makes me think something in her recently changed iD was preventing her accessing this money overseas.. which would make sense that she flew home to do something with the bank or ID or something…

@Estelle ~ "
I have always thought that MB did reply to the December 1994 ad RB placed in Le Courrier Australien which someone she knew gave her. However, they may have talked on the phone once or she wrote him a letter giving all her details. Even though Sally said she was married at the time, MB may have been separated under the one roof. What year did she divorce?

MB may have told RB that she was separated but still living under the one roof with her husband so RB lost interest as he's not interested in married women and may have been busy with other potential scams who had replied even though he said he did not hear from anyone. RB may have told her that they could meet after her divorce was through.

IIRC he placed the ad in her last week of school that year on the Saturday and her purse was stolen that week when she left her car door open when carrying books."

Sorry the last thread is closed so can't hit reply to your post.

MB divorced Ray Barter 1990.

Sometime in 1994 MB began a relationship with GE and up until Dec 1995 they were still together travelling to Norfolk Island.

Dec 10 The Ad in the paper
Dec 12 1994 her wallet is stolen from her car

She wanted GE to attend the Byron Bay wedding with her but he said he didnt want to go.
When was the wedding in 1995, anyone know the month?
Could it be that MB met RB there at this wedding??

@BabeBlues "Also it is very interesting that there is very little info and almost no photos on the internet of MC. I do recall one photo floating around at some point, a group photo but I can't seem to find it. She acted in one movie, yet again no photos."
View attachment 379674
There is another photo of her online which I won’t post just in case it causes any issues. The thing that is noticeable is that she has a similar jawline to Marion. I would like to listen to her interview that she did with the podcast team and which still hasn’t been released.

I posted yesterday that Marion must have used the London Underground to get from London Heathrow to Tunbridge Wells. No easy task with a heavy suitcase.

However on listening to Episode 1 of the Catch Up podcast yesterday I was reminded that Marion mentioned on her London (Tower) Bridge postcard that she had “experienced the tube”. This suggests to me it was the first time she had used the Tube.

Remembering that Marion said in her first letter home to Sally that she set off “North” on her train journey to Tunbridge Wells (which is very much South of Heathrow) did she indeed go north by train to meet RB in Essex (Harwich/Colchester as with JO) and he then travelled by car with her in the hire car (hired in Colchester as with JO) down to Tunbridge Wells?

There is another photo of her online which I won’t post just in case it causes any issues. The thing that is noticeable is that she has a similar jawline to Marion. I would like to listen to her interview that she did with the podcast team and which still hasn’t been released.
ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.
If you are sure it's MC and you have the link, then posting it does not break the rules as set out my Admin (See above.)

Good idea not to post it. I am very interested to hear the interview too.

Edited to add - The jawline...hmmm interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote