Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted yesterday that Marion must have used the London Underground to get from London Heathrow to Tunbridge Wells. No easy task with a heavy suitcase.

However on listening to Episode 1 of the Catch Up podcast yesterday I was reminded that Marion mentioned on her London (Tower) Bridge postcard that she had “experienced the tube”. This suggests to me it was the first time she had used the Tube.

Remembering that Marion said in her first letter home to Sally that she set off “North” on her train journey to Tunbridge Wells (which is very much South of Heathrow) did she indeed go north by train to meet RB in Essex (Harwich/Colchester as with JO) and he then travelled by car with her in the hire car (hired in Colchester as with JO) down to Tunbridge Wells?
Why wouldn’t he have met her at or near the airport? He would have wanted to start the control over her papers/belongings person as soon as she arrived…so she couldn’t change her mind or be influenced by any one else…

I posted yesterday that Marion must have used the London Underground to get from London Heathrow to Tunbridge Wells. No easy task with a heavy suitcase.

However on listening to Episode 1 of the Catch Up podcast yesterday I was reminded that Marion mentioned on her London (Tower) Bridge postcard that she had “experienced the tube”. This suggests to me it was the first time she had used the Tube.

Remembering that Marion said in her first letter home to Sally that she set off “North” on her train journey to Tunbridge Wells (which is very much South of Heathrow) did she indeed go north by train to meet RB in Essex (Harwich/Colchester as with JO) and he then travelled by car with her in the hire car (hired in Colchester as with JO) down to Tunbridge Wells?
This makes perfect sense @Lord Peter Flimsy !

Why wouldn’t he have met her at or near the airport? He would have wanted to start the control over her papers/belongings person as soon as she arrived…so she couldn’t change her mind or be influenced by any one else…
Perhaps he did. If Marion didn’t use the tube after arriving at Heathrow then RB must have taken her. Perhaps he did pick her up at Heathrow but her letter did say she used the train. I’m trying to establish if that was to go North initially.

Perhaps he did. If Marion didn’t use the tube after arriving at Heathrow then RB must have taken her. Perhaps he did pick her up at Heathrow but her letter did say she used the train. I’m trying to establish if that was to go North initially.
He may have met her to journey via train together…they could have both got the train and the tube together.. it’s easier when you first arrive and someone is there to show you how to buy tickets/follow the map etc..

If he sold it on..surely they would have used it again…
& I don’t think it would be enticing as a freebie..healthcare is very free and accessible here in Aust.

Was it used at a new surgery? If was her regular drs they may have remembered her face..if it was a new dr they would have needed other ids with address..to register..
Just heard it was in Grafton…a little way away from usual areas..

She may have got the underground straight from Heathrow to have a few days in London first (Harrods etc) and got disoriented from looking at the tube map (it’s not in geographical order… )

She may have got the underground straight from Heathrow to have a few days in London first (Harrods etc) and got disoriented from looking at the tube map (it’s not in geographical order… )
Something about the newest victim stating she wanted to be alone after realising she had been scammed makes me think there’s something in the Marion ‘being home but not wanting to see anyone’, (for a little while only tho)
…& by the time she felt up to seeing people or going back overseas (she had the money in Barclays) she may have been silenced for good..

There is another photo of her online which I won’t post just in case it causes any issues. The thing that is noticeable is that she has a similar jawline to Marion. I would like to listen to her interview that she did with the podcast team and which still hasn’t been released.
I think if there were co—conspirers (besides immediate family) they would have been outed by now… grassing someone else up to get out of whatever trouble they were in…

I think if there were co—conspirers (besides immediate family) they would have been outed by now… grassing someone else up to get out of whatever trouble they were in…
It would be way to hard to try and take the identity of an Australian women when you are not a born English speaker.. everything of Marion’s was as an Australian who has gone to live o/s not the other way around..it anyone it would have to be Diane or an associate of hers (sister? Etc)

I
It would be way to hard to try and take the identity of an Australian women when you are not a born English speaker.. everything of Marion’s was as an Australian who has gone to live o/s not the other way around..it anyone it would have to be Diane or an associate of hers (sister? Etc)
If anyone

2 women that we know of, associated with RB, had liver functioning tests
Marion Barter and Ghislaine Danlois

IK died of myocardial ischemia as per her death cert.

Three forms of phosphorus are available – white, red, and black. “Yellow phosphorus” (YP) is formed by a small amount of red phosphorus resulting discoloration of white phosphorus. YP is a general protoplasmic toxin and is used in the manufacture of fireworks, rodenticide, and fertilizers.

( RB stated he returned to Aust for a few days for weed eradication on his property..........yeah right)

Rodenticides are available as powders or pastes containing 2%–5% of YP.

The estimated dose of YP that is lethal to the liver is 1 mg/kg, and the ingestion of that amount results in death due to acute liver failure and cardiovascular collapse.

The only definitive treatment for acute liver failure due to the ingestion of YP is liver transplantation because no antidote or medical treatment is available to reverse the toxic effects on the liver.

Most deaths occur within 36 hours, reportedly secondary to “peripheral vascular collapse,” “cardiac arrest,” and “cardiac failure.

It has also been clarified that MR is not an alias of RB - MBFB page
This is so interesting ! More Qs than answers with that one.

Three forms of phosphorus are available – white, red, and black. “Yellow phosphorus” (YP) is formed by a small amount of red phosphorus resulting discoloration of white phosphorus. YP is a general protoplasmic toxin and is used in the manufacture of fireworks, rodenticide, and fertilizers.

( RB stated he returned to Aust for a few days for weed eradication on his property..........yeah right)

The estimated dose of YP that is lethal to the liver is 1 mg/kg, and the ingestion of that amount results in death due to acute liver failure and cardiovascular collapse.

The only definitive treatment for acute liver failure due to the ingestion of YP is liver transplantation because no antidote or medical treatment is available to reverse the toxic effects on the liver.

Most deaths occur within 36 hours, reportedly secondary to “peripheral vascular collapse,” “cardiac arrest,” and “cardiac failure.

Opioids, mercury and anti freeze all effect the heart as well …anti freeze not as common in australia but well used in Europe and seen in many US unsolved deaths as I think it’s often undetectable…

However the fact that he mentioned the weed spraying…**

The truth will be hidden deep amongst all his fabrications… it’s impossible to keep track of all your lies unless they based in sometype of fact … this also makes the person telling the story sound more convincing as part of it is true …

Did he have an acreage? We do weed spaying and the concentrated liquid is SO concentrate…a tiny tiny amount (liquid) will literally do litres in the tank

Did he have an acreage? We do weed spaying and the concentrated liquid is SO concentrate…a tiny tiny amount (liquid) will literally do litres in the tank
It is definitely detectable though by taste so I dunno how it could have been ingested?

It is definitely detectable though by taste so I dunno how it could have been ingested?
Just checked out the incoming/outgoing passenger cards again on Facebook and I really think it’s her..

Also from the uk it was always cheaper to come to OZ than the other way around…so it wouldn’t have been such a big deal to pop back on a cheap return flight to sort out any money hassles…fully intending on returning..

A
Just checked out the incoming/outgoing passenger cards again on Facebook and I really think it’s her..

Also from the uk it was always cheaper to come to OZ than the other way around…so it wouldn’t have been such a big deal to pop back on a cheap return flight to sort out any money hassles…fully intending on returning..
also there is much more risk involved having someone killed/knowing someone was killed overseas and living the other side of the globe with no control over the remains…
He would have been much more in control and relaxed (to keep scamming) if he knew for sure where she lay/was hidden..

Just a thought…

I think he met her earlier too, maybe via the ad, and I think that’s where her drivers license went - and agree that he would play the long game with that. Discounted her originally then circumstances change. I wonder if those deposit boxes have women’s IDs in them, among other things.

Do we know if any other potential victims had IDs stolen I wonder.

Listening to the catch up episodes and hearing again the interview with Marion’s sister and how harsh it sounded towards Sally. The attitude reminds me again of the bank teller.

Has there ever been any update from the sisters, since the RB information has been discovered? Poor Sally. It must be mind-bendingly awful when not only the police but your own family are acting as though your mother going missing is completely normal? It puts her tenacity into an even more impressive light - and makes it somehow even worse that the police are still suggesting fault on her side - regarding the missing persons notification etc ‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker