Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we have passenger cards that IK departed with WW, on the same flight - 15 Feb 1970, flight UT2506 from Sydney to Belgium?

At the time we thought it strange they were on same flight claiming to be divorced AND left baby behind.

It was only during inquest that AKA raised the notion only HE got on the plane and waved goodbye to his daughter at the airport.

And now MR is saying IK, baby and a friend watched WW leave that day.

So did IK get on that flight or not? Did someone else use her name to fly out that day?

Also can @mishy66 remind us why we thought IK married in 1970 in Budapest, but MR is saying it was December 1971?

At the time, we thought it was interesting that in less than a year she gave birth, divorced and was now marrying in Budapest. To the point we hypothesised maybe Reid was a Hungarian name and she found a family friend from Budapest to marry and move to Australia with, lol.

I don't want to throw too may logs on the fire BUT the story of AKA+DW and IK+MR have a lot of similarities and is mind bendingly confusing.
No two separate flights.

“””we found that Ilona had married Willy Wouters (aka Ric Blum) in Belgium just days prior to leaving for a new life in Australia. We were then able to confirm that Ilona had one daughter and that her father was in fact Willy Wouters.
After separating from Willy for the second time in France, Ilona married her second husband in Budapest, Hungry where she had another child. There is much to say about this time, but it is not for us to disclose.””” MBFB PAGE

I stay with the facts not what AH says at inquest.

“Ilona sent Evelyn home on a plane back to her mother to care (more out of desperation than anything) for her and Ilona got a job on the cruise (not a holiday) to get back home herself. She met MR on the ship whilst working is my understanding. Sally”

Why would the mother tell WW about the ferry trip unless he somewhow badgered or tricked or goaded her into it.

Maybe the mother said she was now with someone new so he would give up, but it just enraged him enough to turn up at the boat (ferry)

Maybe he wasn't going to let go of a prospective meal ticket that easily.

Here are the passenger cards if anyone is interested:

Baby E passenger card
8 May 1970
Departs Sydney intending to go to Belgium
Flight KL844
(A Royal Dutch Airlines flight to Amsterdam perhaps?)

IK passenger card
10 May 1970
Flight QF530
(Coincidentally, this is one year after IK departed Belgium for Australia - 11 May 1969)

WW passenger card
15 February 1970
Flight UT2506
(Notice how he wrote the date 15 February 1960, but someone corrected it to 1970!)

Last edited by a moderator:
IK departs OCTOBER????
Perhaps this timeline helps?

18 Jan 1970 - Baby E born in Australia.
15 Feb 1970 - IK, baby and a friend are at the airport watching WW depart Australia.
Around March 1970 - 6-week old Baby E stays with friend, and IK is on a cruise where she meets MR.
8 May 1970 - Baby E departs Australia for Belgium with a person unknown.
5 Oct 1970 - IK departs Australia.

*edited

Attachments

• A189A7B2-04A4-4686-8175-0BC925F50A97.jpeg
    A189A7B2-04A4-4686-8175-0BC925F50A97.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 45
  • B8C43086-5F63-410D-9200-39DA1BD34EB4.jpeg
    B8C43086-5F63-410D-9200-39DA1BD34EB4.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 45
Why would the mother tell WW about the ferry trip unless he somewhow badgered or tricked or goaded her into it.

Maybe the mother said she was now with someone new so he would give up, but it just enraged him enough to turn up at the boat (ferry)

Maybe he wasn't going to let go of a prospective meal ticket that easily.
Well, he had a stolen Porsche and a gun in the car and probs fake ID. Evelyn's aunty said he was speeding down the highway. Sounds like a very manic narcissist, he'd probably threatened IK's mum to tell him about the departure or whereabouts.

“When she was going out with him there was a knock on the door, and there was his ex-wife or his wife with a child. (The woman) said, ‘Don’t get involved with him, he’s a very nasty man’. This is what she told me.”

Sorry I keep asking questions as I think aloud. But which wife was this and do we know what became of her?

By the way The Australian are doing a brilliant job on this case. Let’s hope some of mainstream news media further afield pick it up.

Well, he had a stolen Porsche and a gun in the car and probs fake ID. Evelyn's aunty said he was speeding down the highway. Sounds like a very manic narcissist, he'd probably threatened IK's mum to tell him about the departure or whereabouts.
Money and assets or prospective assets had to have come into it somehow.
I can't see him doing anything that didn't involve a financial gain for himself.

Yes @Lord Peter Flimsy which is why its paywalled. The subscription allows for David Murray to keep publishing articles related to the case. It's a good thing! Every subscription and interest on the case on "The Australian" FB page helps drive more publicity which will then create a knockon effect for other papers to run the stories.

So RB is waved off on his flight in Feb 1970 by IK, their baby and friend. Then IK leaves baby in AUS to work on cruise ship to get back to Europe, meeting MJR on the ship. IK then returns to AUS (I am not clear how and when) only to leave again in May, a couple of days after baby. This is a lot of travel in a few weeks for IK, is this right? Can this be fleshed out by the tangled relationships between RB, IK and MJR? All MOO, some travel paid for by 'dirty money'?

So RB is waved off on his flight in Feb 1970 by IK, their baby and friend. Then IK leaves baby in AUS to work on cruise ship to get back to Europe, meeting MJR on the ship. IK then returns to AUS (I am not clear how and when) only to leave again in May, a couple of days after baby. This is a lot of travel in a few weeks for IK, is this right? Can this be fleshed out by the tangled relationships between RB, IK and MJR? All MOO, some travel paid for by 'dirty money'?
Maybe the cruise job was just to earn the money to be able to fly home in May. It could have been a short Australian cruise? Were they a thing back in the 70's? Like to Vanuatu or Fiji or the like.

Maybe the cruise job was just to earn the money to be able to fly home in May. It could have been a short Australian cruise? Were they a thing back in the 70's? Like to Vanuatu or Fiji or the like.
Thank you, I had presumed this was a cruise job for IK to get back to Europe, didn't consider any other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper