Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m betting we’ll get a lot of “I don’t remember”s and “I don’t recall”s to start out his testimony then. Wonder how long he’ll stick with it before breaking down into his gobbeldy-gook “I can talk my way out of anything” testimony.
I'll be interested to see how he plays it. Remember he's a con artist with decades of experience. Last time he could bumble as not much was out there but now...

Just listening to the two brave women yesterday had me thinking about his continuing lies about where he works.

Looking at Marions story and finding parallels in their testimony yesterday now has me wondering if AH told Marion he was a banker at Barclays in Rye.
This was her nominated contact address for her Australian Bank accounts in UK, which in itself is bizarre , and in her name of Marion Barter.

She had a new passport in the name of MBarter issued in 1996.

She had her bank accounts, Medicare card & drivers license in the name Marion Barter including her new Will which she took out in November 1996. Three weeks before the new Will was created, Marion won the teachers excellence award and her photo and writeup was in the local paper.

Her Will included a provision for Sally to be the beneficiary of Marion's home in Ashmore.

MB mets AH February 1997

Four months after her new will which had the provision for SL, March 1997, Marion signs an agreement for the sale of this same house.

In May 1997 Marion’s passport, driver’s licence and international driver’s licence were changed to her new name - this was solely for the trip.

She also makes a call to her superannuation provider to change her postal address to Lesley's home address. - ((odd thing to do that if she is leaving permanently to live in Luxembourg )))

In June she then opens a high performance cash account under her name Marion Barter, which cash from the sale of her home is placed.

She tells SL she will be back in time for her wedding. She has her violin serviced. Her sons birthday is coming up.

To withdraw any money from her Australian accounts which were still in the Marion Barter name, you would need her old license and old passport in the name of MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker