Found Deceased Australia - Matthew Leveson, 20, Cronulla, NSW, 24 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-...arch-continues-in-royal-national-park/8021678

There is still no breakthrough after four days of searching for the body of missing man Matthew Leveson in bushland south of Sydney.

For four days now, police officers wearing guns on their hips have directed the work of a mechanical digger, manned by park rangers.
The digger weaves between towering red gums, cabbage palms and turpentines, tearing up undergrowth crawling with leeches before ploughing into the soft, loamy soil.
The warning beeps as it traverses back and forth drown out the birdsong and the sound of Sunday cyclists zipping past.
Police surveyors were at the search site on Sunday morning, mapping and photographing the area.
They have documented ground that has already been searched and soil that is yet to be dug.

The Leveson family has spent the day following progress from a tent set up at the roadside.
Matthew's father Mark said he remained hopeful his son's remains would be found.
"It's not a random area, it's precise," he said.
"The police are searching a grid pattern to make sure that they miss nothing.
"So it's long and slow, but in doing that they're not missing a square centimetre."
For Mr Leveson's mother Faye the wait is agonising.
"We want to bring Matty home. It's been a long, long nine years and we just want to bring him home," she said.

How heartbreaking that any parent, family and/or friend should have to think like this in relation to their missing child or loved one:

'Matthew's father, Mark Leveson, said he shared officers' confidence, and the family had already spent time looking for his body down the road from the current search site.

He said he and the family had found the area by "thinking like a killer" and asking themselves a series of questions:

"Where could I get my car off the road? Can I back it in? Can I get a body in the bush without being seen? Is the ground dig-able?"​

Matthew Leveson: Search for body continues in Royal National Park outside Sydney

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest:

No breakthrough in search for Matthew Leveson's body

'Searchers have been unable to find Matthew Leveson's body after five days of intense searching in dense bushland south of Sydney.

A white shoe was found last week, but there was no breakthrough on Monday as officers scoured thick scrub in a remote area near Waterfall in the Royal National Park.'

'A small team of officers combed uneven ground - covered with fallen trees - using surveying equipment. But so far they haven't unearthed any trace of Mr Leveson.

Excavators ripped through matted undergrowth and churned up sections of earth as crews watched on.

The operation wound up after 4pm and is due to start again early Tuesday morning.'

Great read:

Immunity must serve justice in the Matthew Leveson case
by Nicholas Cowdery, a former NSW Director of Public Prosecutions

'The inquest into the disappearance of Matthew Leveson is occupying the attention of the media and the community. It has raised some important issues for the justice system in NSW as well.

We know Leveson disappeared in September 2007 having last been recorded in the company of his lover, Michael Atkins. Atkins has been tried and acquitted of his murder or manslaughter.

Atkins could be retried only if "fresh and compelling" evidence came to light and both the Director of Public Prosecutions (or the Attorney-General) and the Court of Criminal Appeal considered it appropriate for a retrial to occur.'

'At the inquest Atkins denied any knowledge of Leveson's whereabouts or involvement in his disappearance. The coroner, under section 61 of the Coroners Act, required Atkins to answer questions and granted a certificate that any answers could not be given in evidence in proceedings against him (except for perjury if the answers so given proved to be false). It is reported that Atkins has given evidence of Matthew's burial site in the Royal National Park and police are searching.

It is reported also that Attorney-General Gabrielle Upton has given a further conditional immunity to Atkins over prosecution for perjury in relation to any previous false evidence that he has given to the inquest (presumably his denials).'

'The conditions apparently include directing police to the body and the body being found. This is unprecedented and connects in some ways with recent suggestions that any convicted killer who has not disclosed the whereabouts of the body (even if he or she has denied involvement in the death) should not be eligible for release on parole. [...]'

The seedy world of Mike Atkins laid bare as the grim task of digging for his lover’s body enters fifth day

'HE WAS the creepy older guy who liked threesomes with young men, taking and selling dangerous drugs and who was trained in restraint techniques.

Michael Atkins was a sexually indiscriminate then-45-year-old predator who sought trysts with teenagers, who he sold or gave away ecstasy and the “date rape” drug, GHB.

When his lover Matthew Leveson vanished, presumed murdered, in 2007, Mr Atkins was tried and acquitted by a jury of killing the handsome, blond 20-year-old.

But now as Matthew’s family oversee the grim business of digging up the vast Royal National Park in the search for his body, the seedy world of Mr Atkins has been laid bare. [...]'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...jail-body-isn-t-discovered.html#ixzz4PlQc8v4T

The image of the shoe found in this article, bothers me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...-trial-jury-resumes-hearing-testimony/5264160

An image at the bottom of this article is of Daniel Morcombe's shoe when it was found after 8 years and it was originally black.

I feel suspicious that Atkins would not be beyond sending people on a wild goose chase. Maybe he should be looked at harder for other disappearances which may explain why he isn't being direct about where Matt is. MOO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...jail-body-isn-t-discovered.html#ixzz4PlQc8v4T

The image of the shoe found in this article, bothers me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...-trial-jury-resumes-hearing-testimony/5264160

An image at the bottom of this article is of Daniel Morcombe's shoe when it was found after 8 years and it was originally black.

I feel suspicious that Atkins would not be beyond sending people on a wild goose chase. Maybe he should be looked at harder for other disappearances which may explain why he isn't being direct about where Matt is. MOO

The thought did cross my mind as the search for Matthew's remains has lengthened. Typical narcissist with some psychopathic traits thrown in for good measure, I reckon. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him after reading the MSM article I posted yesterday wrt to his 'past'.

Where to from here?

The search for Mr Leveson's body is continuing — at the same time police and legal experts are examining whether any future charges are even possible.

The discovery of any other fresh and compelling evidence obtained through information collected outside the inquest could potentially lead to charges, but that is a grey area.

From the same article

I am putting a tiny tiny thought forward....

10 years for Perjury and/or Contempt of Court versus 25 years for murder.

Is it possible there is no body where police are searching the RNP on direction from Atkins?

Is a Perjury conviction preferable to a murder conviction in Atkins's mind?

I am putting a tiny tiny thought forward....

10 years for Perjury and/or Contempt of Court versus 25 years for murder.

Is it possible there is no body where police are searching the RNP on direction from Atkins?

Is a Perjury conviction preferable to a murder conviction in Atkins's mind?

Not sure about the legalities of this but I can ask my friend, who is a criminal Defence barrister, next time I see him.

So sad

Dan Box ‏@DanBox10 [video=twitter;799092304250183681]https://twitter.com/DanBox10/status/799092304250183681[/video]
The police search for the body of Sydney man Mathew Leveson has ended without result. His parents left this tribute

CxbyNtyUcAAuSkU.jpg

0 replies3 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members