Australia - Melissa Hoskins, 32, Olympian cyclist, struck & killed by ute, husband Rohan Dennis arrested and charged - Medindie, SA, 30 Dec 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was sure I read that Dennis didn’t stop after the incident. I read that it was 2 teenagers that provided first aid to Melissa, and not him.

I found the articles:-

“Dennis allegedly continued to drive until his wife fell off the ute. She was allegedly dragged some way down the road, the publication reports. Tragically the street where Hoskins lived is also home to a number of doctors and medical professionals but none of them knew what had happened until they heard sirens outside.”

News Corp reports police will allege Ms Hoskins jumped onto the car bonnet and grabbed at a door handle before the vehicle was driven and she fell to the ground.

It is then alleged she may have been dragged along by the vehicle.

A pair of teenage neighbours tried to give first aid before paramedics arrived.”

It also says that some of the incident was caught on a neighbour's security cameras - and that Melissa jumped onto the car bonnet, tried to grab at a door handle, Rohan continued to drive the 4WD until she fell to the ground, then she was dragged some distance down the street.[/URL]
So out of control, the both of them and such a tragic result.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out from here.

Seems like SAPOL have found some, or more than some anomalies in Dennis's view of what happened, if the charges are now going ahead. SAPOL would have confidence in getting a conviction ,, no point going ahead if there are no grounds for this position. Some discrepancy ,perhaps, has been picked up in the reconstruction of the incident that will not line up ( possibly cannot line up ) with the event as first told to police. Possibly, some neighbors CCTV tells a different story.
Agree Trooper……. And IANAL but if I read this and the just prior message the authorities have dropped the ‘endangering life’ charge. Is that the lesser of the three original charges? Or is the ‘aggravated driving without due care’ a lesser charge? MOO

Agree Trooper……. And IANAL but if I read this and the just prior message the authorities have dropped the ‘endangering life’ charge. Is that the lesser of the three original charges? Or is the ‘aggravated driving without due care’ a lesser charge? MOO
If I can answer this way.. there are graduations of driving offences. Minor, Moderate , and Major. All of his charges are in the Major category, in and of themselves, and all attract custodial sentences, usually. Major offences in driving are not usually bargained away.... It looks to me like SAPOL are narrowing down the focus, which, and this is just my opinion, I don't have any inside info, but it would be something that the Reconstruction of the vehicular death exposed. Some glaring fact that sheds a whole other light on what was said happened and what actually happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back