Australia - Michelle Bright, 17, found deceased, Gulgong, NSW, 27 Feb 1999 *arrest in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems to me to be too much of a coincidence after nothing for so long.
Maybe someone who knew something lost their fear.
When I read that he was an abbatoir worker I wondered if he had anything to do with Jessica Small disappearing.

Thanks for the update, wow, did not expect an arrest at this point, wondering if the million dollar reward helped.

a3f35af26e6a993d786513edac292338

Investigators are also looking into the movements of a red XF Falcon wagon similar to the above car.Source:NCA NewsWire

Aug 10 2020 rbbm.
Police offer $1 million reward for information into 1999 murder of NSW teen
''All evidence collected over the last 21 years, including DNA samples from several men in the region, will be subject to a full forensic review.

Supt Doherty acknowledged while it might “take time”, he was confident it would provide the family with some much-needed answers.''

“We hope that we can (build) enough evidence to have a case against someone, but at the moment that’s why this appeal is incredibly important,” he said.

Cold-case detectives are interviewing people who may have been at the party or known Michelle.

Supt Doherty said Strike Force Mitcham II investigators were also looking into the movements of a red XF Falcon wagon in addition to other “vehicles of interest”.

“We believe this vehicle can be linked to the Gulgong area, and we believe it may be linked to the murder of Michelle,” he said.''

“In my heart I believe she may have known him (the killer). If he is watching, or if anyone knows he has done this, please come forward. I’m not getting any younger and I want answers.”

Supt Doherty said Gulgong was a “small town and people do talk and people do know things”.

“Today is the day to come forward,” he said.''

Janine Vaughan from Bathurst went missing in a red car in 2001.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-vaughan-s-disappearance-20190329-p518ri.html

It seems to me to be too much of a coincidence after nothing for so long.
Maybe someone who knew something lost their fear.
When I read that he was an abbatoir worker I wondered if he had anything to do with Jessica Small disappearing.

Jessica Small 1997
Janine Vaughan 2001
Michelle Bright 1999
All went missing around the same time and around Gulgong & Bathurst.

Former neighbour charged with Michelle Bright murder after public appeal

"We believe there may be other victims out there," NSW Police Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty told reporters on Wednesday, urging anyone with additional information to come forward.

Speaking on 2GB on Wednesday morning, Ms Bright, said Mr Rumsby was her neighbour when she first moved to the Gulgong-Mudgee area.

"He was about two houses down from us, so our kids went to school together," she said.

Mr Rumsby's arrest comes after NSW Police offered a million-dollar reward for information and Ms Bright begged the public for help on Monday.

"As a result of the recent couple of days, we were able to obtain evidence that we will allege in court strongly implicates this person has been involved in the murder," he said.

Ms Bright told 2GB on Wednesday she had no idea someone would come forward with information so quickly and was shocked to receive the news on the phone last night.

Superintendent Doherty said Mr Rumsby received medical treatment for heart palpitations hours after his arrest.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...rder-after-public-appeal-20200812-p55ktw.html

Former neighbour charged with Michelle Bright murder after public appeal

"We believe there may be other victims out there," NSW Police Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty told reporters on Wednesday, urging anyone with additional information to come forward.

Speaking on 2GB on Wednesday morning, Ms Bright, said Mr Rumsby was her neighbour when she first moved to the Gulgong-Mudgee area.

"He was about two houses down from us, so our kids went to school together," she said.

Mr Rumsby's arrest comes after NSW Police offered a million-dollar reward for information and Ms Bright begged the public for help on Monday.

"As a result of the recent couple of days, we were able to obtain evidence that we will allege in court strongly implicates this person has been involved in the murder," he said.

Ms Bright told 2GB on Wednesday she had no idea someone would come forward with information so quickly and was shocked to receive the news on the phone last night.

Superintendent Doherty said Mr Rumsby received medical treatment for heart palpitations hours after his arrest.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...rder-after-public-appeal-20200812-p55ktw.html
My son in law bought a house in Gulgong when he got a job as a mine manager close by. He had kids in the last stages of secondary education so he planned to stay in the Gulgong house, Monday to Thursday and would drive home Friday night. He bought the house and could not move in for 6 months because the tenant just refused to move out. It was his parent's house and his brother as the executor of the will had sold it. This was about 6 years ago and I always suspected him of this murder, because he was so odd.
It was not him because I understand that this fellow had always lived with his parents, except for four years when he went to university in Sydney (I know!).

Sometimes I think people who do know something are too scared of the person or persons to come forward.
Something may have changed enough for whoever this is to feel safe enough to say something and it's not always because of the reward money.
Quite often no one comes forward even for large amounts of reward money.

Sometimes I think people who do know something are too scared of the person or persons to come forward.
Something may have changed enough for whoever this is to feel safe enough to say something and it's not always because of the reward money.
The announcement of a million dollars the day before. BIG SIDE EYE OVER HERE.:oops:

I am not sure that anyone (except young vulnerable girls) would have been afraid of this man.

One day before he was charged with the murder of teen Michelle Bright, the accused commented on a police Facebook post about her death.

A man accused of murdering a teenager more than two decades ago commented on a NSW Police Facebook post about the investigation one day before his arrest.

Craig Henry Rumsby said it was “so sad” police hadn’t caught the killer of teenager Michelle Bright, who he described as being “like a sister to me I feel sorry for the family
”.
‘So sad’: Man accused of Michelle Bright murder leaves Facebook comment

One day before he was charged with the murder of teen Michelle Bright, the accused commented on a police Facebook post about her death.

A man accused of murdering a teenager more than two decades ago commented on a NSW Police Facebook post about the investigation one day before his arrest.

Craig Henry Rumsby said it was “so sad” police hadn’t caught the killer of teenager Michelle Bright, who he described as being “like a sister to me I feel sorry for the family
”.
Geez.

”.
hiding in plain sight.

All appropriate words.

moo

”.
:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member