GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT -- Humdinger's sig always makes me smile, lol.

One thing I've observed about most Aussie police is that they can be exceedingly patient when it comes to catching crooks, even if it takes three decades to get 'em. And given that our courts can be a bit of a joke where parole is concerned, maybe patience is necessary for collecting enough evidence for a maximum sentence.

Imminent arrest or not, I am sure they won't give up on this case. Somebody's going to jail for a long time, sooner or later (we can only hope the courts wake the hell up in time for a life sentence to actually mean 'life').

You all are excellent sleuthers! I have a few questions. Did the room mate know all the girlfriends? How can the police get everyone to submit to DNA? It looks like MH had a lot of friends judging by the pics, so how would you rule anyone out if they had been to his flat and left DNA?

This case seems nightmarishly like the crime Arias committed. JMO

Zuri, I have no idea about the interconnection of all the people in Morgan's life. I think it's most definitely a web!

Re the DNA, I'd imagine that the police would ask for voluntary DNA samples. I guess it wouldn't prove guilt if someone declined, but it would raise questions. Good point re the DNA that could be all over his unit. That's going to be a tricky one for police. I'd imagine DNA in blood samples would be most intriguing (like if the killer injured themselves at the crime scene). I have no idea if DNA can be 'aged' - i.e. was the DNA recently transferred to the scene or has it been there for months. I don't think it can but someone else might know.

There would also be potentially someone else's DNA on Morgan, not just at the scene. And if there were sexual relations just prior to his death, for sure there would have been transfer of DNA from the killer. This couldn't be explained away so easily.

Definitely does ring Arias bells, doesn't it!

My thoughts on pre-med vs impulse.

I'm leaning a little bit away from pre-meditation, especially if the killer was a girl. I think how I would feel if I was in the same situation, and the decision to use a knife is a very bold one. If you ever enter into any hand-to-hand combat/fight, you must be pretty confident in yourself since whatever you intend to inflict on the opponent could very well be inflicted upon yourself. If you enter into a fight with a knife in your hand, you have to have first thought of the very real possibility that the knife ends up in the target's hands and used against yourself.

Basically, you'd be aware that you're risking your own life... unless you're an experienced knife-fighter or know martial arts, or have extreme confidence in your ability to carry out the act without getting yourself killed or harmed. If it was premeditated, I'd like to think most people would have considered this.

I think if someone had planned this prior to going to his apartment, there would be a number of more desirable methods with less chance of self injury or death (poisoning or arson spring to mind immediately). Otherwise, maybe the killer was a male who is confident of his ability, or maybe there was more than one killer.

Presuming there was only one killer though, and presuming it was a lover, I think it was likely a passionate and unplanned crime committed with extreme emotion. A knife is a common object, it only takes a few moments to pass by the kitchen and sneak one into your palm. Or, perhaps a fishing knife in his room, or a Leatherman tool with a fold out blade. I actually have a knife down the side of my bed - I've always slept with a weapon of some description in arms reach, and many other guys I know do too, so it's not inconceivable that MH might have had a knife close at hand.

My mind is still open to all possibilities, just sharing a few of my thoughts...

Yeah I think the knife attack was likely spontaneous too .. And yes it's just like Arias!

Hey DrWatson, another question for you

Been thinking again about what you said in relation to the anti-anxiety type drugs possibly inhibiting adrenaline, and thought of a slight variation of that theory...
I've heard of horror stories in hospital where a patient is paralysed but not anaesthetised by accident... so they are fully conscious and describe a state of panic while they're aware of what's going on around them and being unable to move or say anything...
I believe the drug used to paralyse is succinylcholine, which I've also heard mentioned in a crime doco or two is very hard to detect as all its metabolites break down quickly.
Question is this - would succinylcholine be capable of incapacitating him and have him still be conscious and possibly fearful enough his body still produces adrenaline?
Thinking more about it, if someone really wanted him to suffer, that might be quite a choice. I suppose it would have to be administered while he's sleeping, or is it still effective as an intra-muscular injection? Or can it be ingested?

I wonder how many of the love interests are nurses?

Hey DrWatson, another question for you

Been thinking again about what you said in relation to the anti-anxiety type drugs possibly inhibiting adrenaline, and thought of a slight variation of that theory...
I've heard of horror stories in hospital where a patient is paralysed but not anaesthetised by accident... so they are fully conscious and describe a state of panic while they're aware of what's going on around them and being unable to move or say anything...
I believe the drug used to paralyse is succinylcholine, which I've also heard mentioned in a crime doco or two is very hard to detect as all its metabolites break down quickly.
Question is this - would succinylcholine be capable of incapacitating him and have him still be conscious and possibly fearful enough his body still produces adrenaline?
Thinking more about it, if someone really wanted him to suffer, that might be quite a choice. I suppose it would have to be administered while he's sleeping, or is it still effective as an intra-muscular injection? Or can it be ingested?

I wonder how many of the love interests are nurses?

Hi again Michael :)

Succinylcholine (a.k.a. suxamethonium, or simply 'sux') has to be injected intravenously. It is similar to the drugs the ancients Aztecs used on their arrow tips, but the concentrations you could achieve from an intramuscular injection using the available formulations would be way too low. And given intravenously, it only lasts for a few minutes. It is still used in anaesthetics these days but only for very short-term paralysis, eg to intubate a patient. But there are much more powerful and better-controlled paralytics available these days for prolonged effect. And those would be detectable on a tox screen, too, as would sux.

The concept of an intravenous muscle paralyzing drug is not a bad idea, but you'd need the cooperation of the victim, plus there would be no need to stab them - the paralysis itself would do the job, given that there would be no ventilation.

But I like your thinking... :sleuth:

Hi im wondering how a guy like morgan actually could entice all these women to well have sex with him I find it baffling or do we live in a society where women no longer have any self respect or concern for their sexual health or simply desperate
Obviously if Morgan was lowering his standard to women like this there was some high risk of becoming involved with a woman with a serious personality disorder

Sunday again tomorrow, I wonder if we'll find out more?
It's been 4 weeks now hasn't it? The police must be getting closer.

MSM (and WS) frequently mention that 14 women were connected to or involved with Morgan in the time leading up to his murder, but I don’t think police statements were very precise about the nature of the involvements.

Do we know how close the relationships were, and how long the “time leading up to” was? There seems to be an assumption that he was bonking all of these women in the days/weeks before he died, but I wonder … Please correct me if I’m wrong.

MSM (and WS) frequently mention that 14 women were connected to or involved with Morgan in the time leading up to his murder, but I don’t think police statements were very precise about the nature of the involvements.

Do we know how close the relationships were, and how long the “time leading up to” was? There seems to be an assumption that he was bonking all of these women in the days/weeks before he died, but I wonder … Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I'm not personally thinking that, Woodstock. I think he was a casanova ... but the girls were probably dated in succession over a period of time, or he dated a couple at a time (not together obviously! .. though who knows :) )

He had to leave time for work and family, and there are pics of him spending time partying with his mates. I don't think he was so abnormal, just a guy who loved the girls, and they loved him.

No, WS, I'd take the "14 girls" thing with a pinch of salt. The police originally said little more than that an investigation of his phone messages turned up 14 women with whom he had "romantic links", and that detectives still had yet to determine the level of relationship with each of those 14.
So to me, that reads like it includes any number he may have slept with regularly at some point in time with recent contact, some he's had a one night stand with, some he's merely been on a date with (and nothing more), and some he's probably just been flirting with via txt. And if the definition of months leading up to the crime, then that could be since the beginning of the year.
I don't consider myself a great casanova, but there have been times in my life when my phone records for a similar time period could have produced a similar number if based on potential "romantic links".
Of course, the media only hear "14 women" and take off like a runaway train.
Of course I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, least of all Morgan's. Before the "14 girls" news was released, MSM said his friends had stated that Morgan was "always popular with the ladies".

So the reality is, he probably slots in there somewhere between me and Casanova.... which I might add is quite a wide scale! ;)

....or do we live in a society where women no longer have any self respect or concern for their sexual health or simply desperate

Look at what kind of role models there are today compared to 20 years ago... It's a bit of a shame for guys who like a bit more substance and morality cos it gets harder and harder to find a girl who hasn't already slept with (or twerked up against) half your friends - male & female.

A guy like Morgan would have absolutely no problem getting girls to sleep with him, even attractive ones without a personality disorder. He was young, fit, attractive, fun, independent and had a nifty job. For a bit of fun Morgan was the perfect guy, for a girl who became emotionally attached to him and wanted something a little deeper probably less so.

At his age he was moving past the young bloke with a great batting average into the slightly tragic sleazy guy territory ..

I am sure all his friends thought he was great, and I'm sure he was, but I bet a few women who have dated him in the past have a different perspective.

Hi im wondering how a guy like morgan actually could entice all these women to well have sex with him I find it baffling or do we live in a society where women no longer have any self respect or concern for their sexual health or simply desperate
Obviously if Morgan was lowering his standard to women like this there was some high risk of becoming involved with a woman with a serious personality disorder

:wagon: Sundaymorning! :welcome:

Morgan did seem to be pretty busy with the ladies... Didn't he...

:seeya:

If you were one of the girls and you only saw him about once a fortnight, that might give you a clue.
IMO it's nothing to be proud of, male or female. JMO

Look at what kind of role models there are today compared to 20 years ago... It's a bit of a shame for guys who like a bit more substance and morality cos it gets harder and harder to find a girl who hasn't already slept with (or twerked up against) half your friends - male & female.

Like Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member