AUSTRALIA - Najma Carroll, 33, suspicious murder, Sandy Point, Menai, Sydney South, July 2020 arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Najma was a childhood friend of mine. We were absolutely inseparable for years.

We lost touch after school and our lives went in very different directions, but I will never forget the years we shared together and how much of an influence she had on my life. She had a tough life, but she was a beautiful person and had a heart of gold. Such a sweet natured soul and a caring friend. Nobody deserves what happened to her, and it’s hard to fathom someone subjecting such a gentle person to this level of violence. It makes me sick.

Beyond devastating that someone did this to her. I really hope the perpetrator is brought to justice quickly and adequately. Nothing will ever bring her back but I hope whoever did this has to pay for their actions. Even when I knew her she was a bit of a lost soul, and it sounds like things have only been worse since we lost touch. If there’s a silver lining in this horrific situation, I hope she has finally found peace.

RIP beautiful girl.

Welcome Skankit.
I'm so very sorry and sad for the loss of your friend.
We are all hoping whoever is responsible will be brought to justice.
We care, that's why we are here.
Thank you for sharing your memories of Najma with us.

Beautiful sentiments above .... (Heart)

There is now an article from Nine with footage that was aired on the news ....
www.9news.com.au/national/najma-carroll-body-found-menai-sydney-investigation-continuing/cee59e08-0ad8-4290-ac13-54c851053ad9

Question - Have we known of Police in Australia to guard a site for the whole weekend before ??- after they have completed the search and the body retrieved??
I am wondering if they are hoping the autopsy on Monday will help assist with a weapon description that may not have found as yet???

Also I do hope there are cameras in the area that captured something and that the Police do have a lead already....

They have found the car that Najma is believed to have been driving a few days before her death burnt out in the same area near to where she was found.
Sadly no news on Nine yet, in the north .....

But did find this...

Police have since located a burnt out Mercedes approximately 1km away from Ms Carroll's body with it believed to have been involved and examinations of the vehicle are continuing.

www.facebook.com/SutherlandShireNews/

Nine have uploaded the video to this page... as per @Morrisa 's post above....

www.9news.com.au/national/najma-carroll-death-menai-sydney-torched-car-discovered/1a1b6d14-d287-4e75-8604-817c013ccbfe

The burnt-out Mercedes was found a few hundred metres from where Ms Carroll's body was dumped on a dirt track off Heathcote Road last Wednesday.

Police are investigating the possibility Ms Carroll had been using the car in the lead-up to her death and spent much of today photographing and taking parts of the car away for forensic examination.

Najma Carroll: Star student’s tragic life of addiction and its grim end in Sydney scrub
Najma Carroll was known for her intellect and compassionate soul. But in a tragic tale with parallels to that of former NSW premier Neville Wran’s daughter Harriet, she struggled with the outside world, falling into drug abuse before in a tragic, twisted end, her burnt body was found dumped in remote bush.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/najma-carroll-star-students-tragic-life-of-addiction-and-its-grim-end-in-sydney-scrub/news-story/1cac3504733768d3ccbc13285d7a56e3

Title of article above - Sorry don't have time to paraphrase the whole article atm

I'm sad to post post about the drug use, but it seems it may be connected ...
The use of drugs doesn't make Najma any less a victim . Sometimes life doesn't always go to plan, and we don't need to be judgmental, as most people have a "vice" of some sort.....

Ms Carroll did a rehab program run by WHOs at Rozelle in 2015, which was supported by her mother.

'Her Mum visited her … she had loving parents, I know that, but every addict has put their parents through hell,' her friend said.

'We got clean off the drugs at the same time but, sadly, she fell back into it.'

Former boyfriend Mathew Roberts, 50, told the publication Ms Carroll was a regular ice user, who lived with him for about a year and purchased the drug when she received Centrelink payments.

He said she used it to 'forget her problems' and noted she was not in contact with her mother when they lived together.

'Every time she got paid, she wanted to get ice … she was addicted to it all the time. If you woke up at three in the morning and looked, she (would be) up. Who's awake at three in the morning?,' Mr Roberts, a concreter from Moorebank who met her in 2014, said.

On June 28 — only a few weeks before her death — Ms Carroll texted Mr Clare and seemed full of hope for the future, writing: “I’m not working ATM but I’m itching to so I’m working towards it at the moment. Just bought a car and next step is a place to live … then I can be stable enough to work.”

But in a foreboding sign, she also hinted at relationship troubles and wrote to Mr Clare: “Up until very recently I let everyone use me … they will anyway, so why fight it?”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8602891/Inside-tragic-downfall-Najma-Carroll-fell-life-addiction-ended-dead.html

Latest News - NSW Police Public Site

“During the investigation, police identified that the last known sighting of Ms Carroll was when she left a hotel at Liverpool on Saturday 11 July 2020 about 7.30pm,” Det Supt Doherty said.

“This was over two weeks before her body was discovered 15km away at Menai with horrific injuries.

“Following investigations, two men have now been charged over their alleged roles in the death of Ms Carroll, who was in the prime of her life.

“While we have been able to deliver some justice for Namja and her family, detectives are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding her death,” Det Supt Doherty said.

Najma Carroll’s mother thanked all those that played a role in the two men being brought to justice.

“I would like to thank the man that found Najma, the support from the Homicide Victim support group and the police investigating her death,” Najma’s mum said.

“Najma was my beloved daughter who has a loving, generous and courageous spirit.

“Najma struggled with addiction from her teenage years, but she never resorted to crime to feed that addiction.

“We need to educate our sons and daughters that violence towards women is not acceptable and that culture needs to change.

“I thank everyone who has come forward and urge anyone with more information to contact police.”

Mum calls for 'love and hope' after daughter's horrific bushland murder​

A mother whose daughter was viciously murdered in Sydney bushland before her body was set alight has called for love, respect and an end to violence against women.

A man described as a 'runner' working for his boss dealing drugs out of a western Sydney hotel has been jailed for the violent murder of a woman whose body was then set alight.

Robert Sloan, 61, pleaded guilty to murdering Najma Carroll alongside a co-accused before setting her on fire in a remote part of Sandy Point in Sydney's southwest on July 14, 2020.

SNIP

The NSW Supreme Court judge sentenced Sloan to a maximum 25 years and two months in jail, backdated and expiring on July 3, 2047.

His non-parole period of 17 years and six months will expire on November 3, 2039.

2 were charged for this senseless murder…

Sloan was given a lower sentence than his 46-year-old drug-running boss Benjamin Troy Parkes who was sentenced last week for the murder.
He faces a maximum jail sentence of 31 years, with a non-parole period of 21 years and six months.
Justice Adams found that Sloan looked up to Parkes who often ordered his subordinate to do his "dirty work" for him.
"Mr Sloan assisted Mr Parkes out of a sense of misguided loyalty to him," she said.

SNIP

The motive for the murder belonged solely to Parkes who worried that Ms Carroll knew too much about their drug running, did not want to return $8500 that she had "invested" in the illegal business, and was concerned she could go to the police, Justice Adams found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back