GUILTY Australia - Robert, 66, & Cheryl Adamson, 60, murdered, Murrumbeena, Vic, 19 Feb 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He would definitely have been wound up that day!

Arsonists typically get a sexual charge from lighting the fire and watching it.:facepalm: They feel powerful, omnipotent - all the things they don't feel in real life.

I wonder what led to such an explosion with the Adamson's though? What triggered it?

Boy, how (sort of) similar is this to DJK?! Commits murder(s) then other 'unrelated' charges follow. And the 'unrelated' charges are things that could give them a weird kind of sexual charge.

Boy, how (sort of) similar is this to DJK?! Commits murder(s) then other 'unrelated' charges follow. And the 'unrelated' charges are things that could give them a weird kind of sexual charge.

I know!

There are a few eerie similarities; the mothers comments are almost verbatim, the Aspergers, the other charges.......

But we have a clearer idea of what happened between Morgan and DJK (sexual hook-up gone wrong). We have no idea of what happened between TH and the Adamson's.

NB. We are referring to the Morgan Huxley case, also on WS.

I know!

NB. We are referring to the Morgan Huxley case, also on WS.

Haven't come across this one. Off to check it out ….

Also - thanks to you regulars on this thread. I find it very hard sometimes to be unemotional and rational about this case. Somehow it's easier to know that you're all out there, and often thinking the same way. :loveyou: I truly sympathise with the family and friends of TH, but every time I think that, I get an image of Cheryl in my head, and think "No. No excuses."

Haven't come across this one. Off to check it out ….

Also - thanks to you regulars on this thread. I find it very hard sometimes to be unemotional and rational about this case. Somehow it's easier to know that you're all out there, and often thinking the same way. :loveyou: I truly sympathise with the family and friends of TH, but every time I think that, I get an image of Cheryl in my head, and think "No. No excuses."

I can't even imagine how this whole thing is for you truthseeker, as a friend of Cheryl's.:facepalm:

I'm glad if being here helps ease your pain in some way. I really appreciate you being here - your posts are so thoughtful and sensitive, even though you've lost someone dear to you.

You're not alone!!!:grouphug:

Ozman, I don't think anyone, including Isisrising, is implying that Tom's parents could be responsible for this in any way. I am very sorry for their suffering, and the shock they must be experiencing. I imagine it's similar to that being experienced on the other side of the 'fence'.

But many of us (including those with professional experience, such as Isis), found it implausible that there couldn't be any previous signs or issues prior to such a dreadful act, and the recent reports and court appearance would seem to back that up.

No-one is pointing fingers here, but everything possible must be learned from this terrible incident so as to avoid it ever happening again - including trying to work out what signs were missed, or overlooked, beforehand.

I understand. I just wanted to vouch for his parents, who are genuinely good and loving people.
Very little information has been leaked to the press regarding this case. To prevent any legal issues against me, I will say a few vague things.
First of all, Tom does have a medical condition which he was born with, and while that condition does explain his awkwardness which some have described, his condition is in no way associated with violent acts. The most violent thing Tom did was play the drums. I am not aware of any physiological issues in the past (and I probably would have been told if he had any).
Second, Tom's motive has been established, and he has told police. I'm not entirely convinced the motive he claims tells the whole story, because it brings up more questions than answers.
Third, Tom was entirely cooperative with the police when he was arrested, which occurred the day of the crime because of evidence left at the scene. He flat out admitted everything to the police when he was questioned.
Fourth, I do not believe the crime was motivated by drugs, and I have no knowledge of any drug abuse by Tom in the past. Tom was in a very peculiar state for the several days following the crime. I'm not sure if he was in a state of shock or something, but it took him a good week behind bars before he seemed to realize how much trouble he was in.

Thank you for your honesty ozman.

It is hard to imagine what is going on in the mind of a person who commits a crime such as this. With his alleged history of arson over the last 3 years, I can only think that TH was unable/incapable/uncaring of understanding the consequences of his actions.

That, of course, does not make him any less guilty of his crimes. But it may help us to understand that somehow we need to get through to people with various ‘difficulties’ or conditions that there are always consequences, and that they are very real, and they need to care about that … if that is even possible.

I understand. I just wanted to vouch for his parents, who are genuinely good and loving people.
Very little information has been leaked to the press regarding this case. To prevent any legal issues against me, I will say a few vague things.
First of all, Tom does have a medical condition which he was born with, and while that condition does explain his awkwardness which some have described, his condition is in no way associated with violent acts. The most violent thing Tom did was play the drums. I am not aware of any physiological issues in the past (and I probably would have been told if he had any).
Second, Tom's motive has been established, and he has told police. I'm not entirely convinced the motive he claims tells the whole story, because it brings up more questions than answers.
Third, Tom was entirely cooperative with the police when he was arrested, which occurred the day of the crime because of evidence left at the scene. He flat out admitted everything to the police when he was questioned.
Fourth, I do not believe the crime was motivated by drugs, and I have no knowledge of any drug abuse by Tom in the past. Tom was in a very peculiar state for the several days following the crime. I'm not sure if he was in a state of shock or something, but it took him a good week behind bars before he seemed to realize how much trouble he was in.

Thank you for your insights. I am glad that the Hemmings have good friends in their support team.

I am also glad that very little has been leaked to the media. It is either a sign of very good judgement on the part of those who know the family, and the police, or (finally) some wisdom in our media.

I am aware of what has been speculated about Tom's condition, and know from my own close personal experience that it isn't something that is normally associated with violence. I suspect this needs further investigation by those know have education/training in such things, and that this will be a catalyst for further attention.

As for motive - I can't discuss this with any objectivity, as I am too close to accept that any reasonable motive could be possible.

I am glad that there was an admission to police, as that should simplify and expedite proceedings - which helps both families.

The arrest was only reported to have taken place on the Friday - 48 hrs after the crime, unless I'm wrong. I assumed that to mean that there was a bit of a delay for one reason or another?

I don't know whether to worry about whether it was drugs or not. Either way is frightening, but somehow it would be comforting to put it down to an artificial source.

I wish you and your friends well in the difficult times to come. I hope I can continue to see both sides as objectively as possible.

I find the history of arson to be especially surprising, and I'm curious to know what exactly he set on fire.
I was told that over the past year, Tom was sorting his life out from a bit of a rough patch 5 or so years ago (who doesn't have a rough patch in their teens?), so this extremely violent and disgusting act was that much more surprising. But even through his rough patch, I would have never considered him someone who would physically harm another person.
Despite how close I am to the case, I am unsure what the "tipping point" for him was, and I hope it comes out during the trial. I know two members of his extended family were going through treatment for very sudden life threatening illnesses over the past 6 months, but I can't imagine stress from that was nearly enough to push him over the edge. It's just very unreal.

Adding in this information about Verified Insiders.

What is a "Verified Insider"...this is basically someone who personally knows the accused or others, relatives etc. involved in the case.

Until or unless you are a verified member then you can not discuss anything that is not known through the media/court documents. No insider information is allowed without being verified. We are not allowed to post/discuss rumours. Further info re becoming a Verified Insider is available on the following link.

Verified / Professional Posters

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I find the history of arson to be especially surprising, and I'm curious to know what exactly he set on fire.
I was told that over the past year, Tom was sorting his life out from a bit of a rough patch 5 or so years ago (who doesn't have a rough patch in their teens?), so this extremely violent and disgusting act was that much more surprising. But even through his rough patch, I would have never considered him someone who would physically harm another person.
Despite how close I am to the case, I am unsure what the "tipping point" for him was, and I hope it comes out during the trial. I know two members of his extended family were going through treatment for very sudden life threatening illnesses over the past 6 months, but I can't imagine stress from that was nearly enough to push him over the edge. It's just very unreal.

Thank you for your posts, ozman. I really appreciate hearing your perspective as someone who obviously knows the family well. :seeya:

I thought I'd read somewhere that Tom had Aspergers? But I may be imagining that. If so, that condition has indeed been linked with murder cases - the spree killers Seung-Hui Cho and Adam Lanza in the US, and DJK who we were referring to earlier here in Aus, are three examples that I know off the top of my head.

And you raise an important point in this post. A traumatic event can trigger mental illness in a person within whom it has lain 'dormant', as it were. An example that I read recently was that of a 21 years old whose best friend suicided. The 21 year old was highly traumatised and not long afterward, schizophrenia unexpectedly developed. This guy had been a high academic achiever and very functional in the world, to that point.

But who knows in this case? Possibly only Tom himself knows what triggered this whole thing. I do hope we get answers at some point so that we can help others in a similar situation :please:

Update for those interested: the committal mention is scheduled for June 13th.
Also, as far as I know, Tom is no longer a suspect in the arson cases.

Update for those interested: the committal meeting is scheduled for June 13th.
Also, as far as I know, Tom is no longer a suspect in the arson cases.

Thanks for the update, ozman :seeya:

Just a last-minute reminder - TH in court tomorrow :seeya:

Not seeing anything in MSM yet ... he should have been in court 1½ hours ago. Hopefully something hits the papers today.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/13/12/34/man-pleads-guilty-to-murder-of-vic-couple

Man pleads guilty to murder of Vic couple

Robert Adamson, 65, and his wife, Cheryl, 60, were found dead in February at the back of their Murrumbeena home.

Appearing via video link from prison during a brief hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday, Thomas James Hemming, 21, also of Murrumbeena, pleaded guilty to two counts of murder.

Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...y-to-murder-of-vic-couple#8yGE5MPIftwdItui.99

At least the guilty plea will (hopefully) reduce the pain for the surviving family members as they'll not have to sit through a trial!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24
Back