Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
could anyone please confirm the colour of the 7x5 trailer....is it silver or blue?

Police said the 7x5 trailer was a rusty silver/blue, with off-road wheels.

Single Axle is a new thing for me.

single axel just means it has 1 set of wheels(2), so some trailers have double axel (Tandem)as well which is where it has 4 wheels

hope that helps

A special operations group police were flown in via helicopter to arrest Mr Lynn at a remote Gippsland campsite about 5.30pm on Monday.
Not that it really matters but The footage that was being shown of the helicopters was in complete darkness I assume it was after 10pm.

So was the 60 minutes program all just lies? They had his house bugged by the sounds of it, they knew their man. An attempt to try and get him to hand himself in? Im not sure I overly agree with the use of the media for this purpose. Next time the cops get up saying they need public assistance, do they really? Or are they just playing us along.

Plus, and a big plus, if he was dead he couldn't tell them where the bodies are, which I think he must have done, for the police to suddenly be searching a specific area.

I cannot help but hope VICPOL are continuing to watch GL like a Hawke.
I have NEVER UNDERSTOOD how Prisons describe their ‘suicide watch’ as a check in every twenty minutes? For Gods sake don’t leave him alone with his thoughts for that long...

Police said the 7x5 trailer was a rusty silver/blue, with off-road wheels.

single axel just means it has 1 set of wheels(2), so some trailers have double axel (Tandem)as well which is where it has 4 wheels

hope that helps
thank you...so much. I've never really looked at a trailer properly if you know what I mean......

the media said something about him having a fight with his wife and he took off, they think he was close to " cracking" so because of his association with firearms and him heading to a remote area

yeah they probably thought he might kill himself and then they wouldn't have anyone to arrest and give the family justice, so they pounced earlier than they wanted to

If he offed himself Carol and Russell would never be found.

Under the unraveling circumstances covid has been a good thing keeping him out of the air.

IMO it is extremely rare for an event like this to happen anywhere in the world.

Offender aged in mid 50's with no criminal record. Multiple victims aged in their 70s and being unknown to the offender. Crimes taking place outside of a domestic place. Not gang or group related. Not drug related. Not race related. Not robbery or financially related.

Murder rates have been steadily dropping since the 90's and is largely attributed to CCTV and mobile phones.

"If" you were a modern day serial killer you may likely go to very remote places like this with no CCTV and no mobile phone coverage to select victims. You might wait until the perfect opportunity arose, many serial killers escalate so this could be the first time there has been multiple victims.

I believe that leopards do not change their spots. People do not suddenly "snap" in their mid 50's without having a history of snapping before. I do not see Russell and Carol initiating this confrontation, they were an elderly retired couple seeming to want some quiet time away.

I am sure investigators will be looking at what this suspect has been doing for the last 30 years. Where he has been camping before (when by himself) and if anyone has disappeared into thin air in the times he has been in the vicinity. Has there been events in his life that may have triggered violent behavior at the same time people have gone missing. eg. loss of job or being stood down, breakdown of relationship etc. How long has he carried guns?

They have to build a case proving that he murdered Russell and Carol first and hopefully their bodies are found soon.

All of this IMO of course.

Last edited:
Whatever happened, he’s been charged with 2 counts of murder, so if he is talking, he isn’t saying oops the first one was an accident. Interesting they’ve gone straight for murder and not started with manslaughter though. You can go up, but you can’t go down, is that right?

I thought that too. I expected manslaughter. Even just one manslaughter charge and then another charge later.

Police publicly proposed the accident scenario. But I wonder if they actually believe that scenario. Perhaps they came up with this more palatable scenario to get him to talk?

In the case of William Tyrrell, NSW have suggested a fall from a balcony and some have said this scenario is unlikely and might be a strategy to get their suspect to talk.

From the presser:

In mid-2020 their investigators from the Missing Persons Squad established that Mr Hill and Miss Clay were deceased.

They’re also continuing to appeal to anyone who knows the whereabouts of a blue coloured trailer that was attached to the Nissan Patrol to come forward. The trailer remains outstanding and police are keen to speak to anyone who purchased or received a similar trailer, particularly during the period of March and July last year. They believe the trailer was sold on Gumtree.

No other person is being sought with respect to this murder investigation.

Note the word "established". The police spokesman did not use "concluded", or "determined", but "established". i watched the presser and the spokesman was very careful, as he needs to be, in the language he used. That word, "established", suggests they found some evidence that indicated to the satisfaction of investigators, that Mr Hill and ms clay were dead.

Whatever happened, he’s been charged with 2 counts of murder, so if he is talking, he isn’t saying oops the first one was an accident. Interesting they’ve gone straight for murder and not started with manslaughter though. You can go up, but you can’t go down, is that right?
I agree. The police must be confident that they can prove murder or they would try manslaughter. It is open to a jury to find not guilty of murder but guilty of manslaughter. But then he may well face other charges such as concealing a felony/crime or those pertaining to the unlawful disposal of a corpse. Often times, police just stick to a major charge.

What baffles me is that he kept the car instead of scrapping it, and sold the trailer instead of destroying it to the max of his ability & disposing of it somewhere that would hopefully never be found. He’s clever enough to be an international pilot, he’s obviously got a brain. But he’s either incredibly dumb at covering up a crime, or incredibly cocky that he would get away with it. If the latter, that’s concerning because where would an average Joe get cocky that they could get away with murder? Possibly because they have before? Just speculation/IMO etc etc.

so we were kind of right about the not using Lynn last name and kind of wrong as well

Dailymail has a new article up about the deceased ex-wife, iv messaged a mod to see if it can be posted here or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper