Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would drug dealers need to drive that distance into the bush?
High on my list would someone jealous or disgruntled and known.
How do you kill two people and leave no blood?

We do know the cops never release ALL the evidence.[/

You can kill two people and leave no blood when they get killed miles away from the site where everyone thinks they got killed.

For anyone who has a subscription, otherwise behind a paywall. Says the article is from 11 hours ago.

Overseas experts called in to help solve missing campers mystery
Police have turned to overseas and interstate experts in their bid to solve the disappearance of High Country campers Russell ...

Category: <span> </span> | Herald Sun
Hopefully with the new search LE will have access to state of the art search equipment--thermal imaging drones...maybe the ATV Sherp Pro would help too.
Combination of low and high-tech equipment in Search and Rescues

Who were they hiding from?

Ms Coombe said she was surprised to learn Carol, the former Victorian President of the Country Women's Association, had regularly gone camping with Russell.

"She was a glamour Queen really.

"She always looks gorgeous and well-dressed.

"For many people, they couldn't imagine her out in the bush, let alone anything befalling her."
Vital new evidence discovered after pair mysteriously disappear from campsite

Can a drone have 2 controls or can it be accidentally controlled by someone else with the same type of drone in the vicinity? Do they have a gps tracker?
Crazy question I know but I don’t think these two accidentally died. They were killed by someone known.
Here are two articles that shed light on the matter of drones getting hacked.
The Very Real Dangers of Hacked Drones | Omdia | Tractica
Drones are Quickly Becoming a Cybersecurity Nightmare

IMO, It's possible that RH's drone was hacked.

Last edited:
Fresh twist in search for missing married man and his secret lover as police call in expert help from overseas – and say they're closing in on solving the mystery

The search for two secret lovers who vanished without a trace on a remote camping trip six months ago has gone international, as detectives turn to overseas and interstate experts for assistance.
Detective Inspector Andrew Stamper from Victora Police's Missing Persons Squad told the Herald Sun he couldn't divulge any details about the nature of the global assistance - but said cops were getting closer to solving the mystery.

'We've learnt a lot along the way. We know a lot more than we did six months ago,' Insp Stamper said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8743747/Fresh-twist-search-missing-married-man-secret-lover.html

Who were they hiding from?

Ms Coombe said she was surprised to learn Carol, the former Victorian President of the Country Women's Association, had regularly gone camping with Russell.

"She was a glamour Queen really.

"She always looks gorgeous and well-dressed.

"For many people, they couldn't imagine her out in the bush, let alone anything befalling her."
Vital new evidence discovered after pair mysteriously disappear from campsite
Yes, amazing how some people have totally different public and private personas. This article presents an interesting overview of the phenomena.
ttps://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/matter-personality/201508/public-faces-vs-private-thoughts-the-actors-paradox

Last month police revealed they were exploring a theory that the couple were attacked in their sleep.

Detectives believe the potential attackers may have torched their campsite to destroy forensic evidence of a crime.

The pair were in a secret relationship and didn't tell anyone where they were going. Ms Clay just told friends she would be gone for a few days.

In June, investigators said three theories about Mr Hill and Ms Clay's disappearance were being probed.

Foul play is strongly suspected on the balance of probabilities, but there is no evidence and no suspects.

Another possibility is that the couple were flying Mr Hill's $2,000 drone and died of exposure after getting lost off the path looking for it.

The third is that they died lost in the bush for any reason, but have not been found because wild dogs ate their remains.

Police are confident the pair did not fake their own deaths and do not believe it's case of murder-suicide.
Fresh twist in search for missing married man and his secret lover | Daily Mail Online

The pair had been carrying out a secret affair for years behind the back of Mr Hill's wife Robyn, who has described Ms Clay as a 'long time family friend'.

While the relationship was largely hidden from Mr Hill's devastated wife, it has been well known to police since the pair were reported missing by Mrs Hill days after her husband last made contact via radio.

Yes, to the gps tracker. No, to the drone company having any flight path data for that day - the police checked. I posted the link a little further back in the thread.

Maybe someone knows whether they can have two controllers?

ETA: Here is the drone gps link:

Russell had an app on his phone for the drone, but had not uploaded any footage to his account from that Wonnangatta trip.
Another theory is that if Russell’s drone went down in bushland, the pair might have got lost looking for it.
But police have not been able to find any flight path data from the trip.
While Inspector Stamper says that doesn’t mean a flight didn’t occur, it does mean if it did happen, it’s a flight that has also left no digital trace.
Four people have gone missing within a 60km radius in the past year. Their fate remains a mystery
Does anyone know the reason for it not leaving a digital trace if it had been flown? TIA

I’d say someone from Russell’s family was pissed.

Friends say since Russell’s retirement two years ago, he’s been known to head off on solo road trips.

It was only with his disappearance that those close to him learnt that Carol, a former Country Women’s Association president, was on some of those getaways.

Wow thanks for that Eloise !

I'm feeling quite hopeful now. It sounds like they're on the trail of someone.
Maybe it's close, otherwise they wouldn't be releasing this article.

It really does sound like Russell and Carol didn't just have an accident.

Ooh that link says that others in Wonnangatta valley could hold the key to the missing campers. That's the heading, behind the paywall but it's dated today, 18th Sept.

Category: <span> </span> | Herald Sun

Hmmm...

I'm no expert just a hobbyist, but I fly my drone manually quite often without having it connected to the app on my phone. If RH was doing that then there wouldn't be any data on his phone.
Would you say that you did that more commonly when it was new? Is it easier to control with or without a phone?

ETA: thinking he might have just wanted to practise, since it was new.

Last edited:
suffocation with a pillow, strangulation, plus the fire would get rid of blood and other dna,
i agree tgy, jealous, disgruntled and known.
IMO, in that manner it would take two perps. For a solo murderer, I think there'd have to be a gun. A pair of killers, that's not motivated by shared jealousy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18