Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still the hopeless and hopeful romantic; they plotted their disappearance, they've gotten away with it, they took the drone with them, they're living together under assumed names in a place no one would look for or recognize them. Not my opinion, just my dream. I don't want them to be victims in any way.

Ok. We won’t blow up your fantasy world.

murder/suicide unlikely but more probably then other theories. Mr hill visited the area a week before bringing his GF. Maybe he dug a swallow grave to bury her body ? And then killed himself out of guilt or Pre-planned. Reasons... she was going to expose relationship and he would lose everything to his wife..
He wouldn't lose everything in a divorce, it would be a 50/50 split. Not bad if he was planning to join up with a financially independent woman. I can see no reason for him to murder Carol. If he was willing to murder somebody, he'd gain something from killing his wife. Either of the women could have a motive for killing Russell; his wife if she thought he was going to leave her sooner or later, and she'd rather have the whole of the money than half of it; or Carol because he'd stuffed her around, let her leave her husband and buy a house for them, before, apparently, changing his mind. I could see murder-suicide by Carol.

Another Theory:
highly unlikely but worth a thought.....

what if they never made it to the camp site?

Could they have met with foul play/car jacked before arrival and someone else used their camping equipment, set it all up and left with an accomplice the next morning at first light?

Questions to be answered:
-Is the camp site the original location that they told family and friends they were planning to stay?
-Maybe they were meant to be camping elsewhere?
-Maybe they met fellow campers and hitched a ride with them to a different camp site/location close-by on the premise they could explore or do an active at a different location? maybe they are stuck at the different location with no-way of getting back?

its a long shot theory but
worth considering

If this happened a bit later with the lockdowns I can see some people not wanting to be separated from each other for whover knows how long
I don't know them but I doubt they would do this to their families so I don't think they left voluntarily.

Hello everyone, I'm ba-ack! I'm just having a little break, first in hospital 2 weeks ago, and now at a rehab centre, having had a little accident which produced a fairly seriously smashed-up ankle and foot. I really missed you, and it is interesting to see that some new facts (are they verified?) have come to light in my absence. Interesting. My opinion now, rightly or wrongly, is that the families know much more than they're letting on, in fact they may know everything. MOO

I have no idea what happened to them.
My mind keeps going from one thing to another, some of which are obviously too out there to be possible.
Wish they had some DNA from the vehicle. But then you'd need a person to match it to.
Unless it's a case of an accident, mine shaft, or they went for a swim in the river and got into trouble, sink hole, caught up in a mud slide, fell into a crevice, sand that turned into quicksand.

I've even had ridiculous thoughts pop into my head like being carried off by the drone, spontaneous combustion.

murder/suicide unlikely but more probably then other theories. Mr hill visited the area a week before bringing his GF. Maybe he dug a swallow grave to bury her body ? And then killed himself out of guilt or Pre-planned.

But then - actually I think I said this before - I shouldn't think it's exactly easy to bury yourself.

Just commenting that their disappearance coincided with the start of the pandemic.

A week earlier, Australia had issued advice for people over 70 about being at higher risk and needing to practise social distancing, being urged to stay at home and avoid non-essential travel: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for older people

Most people I know over 70 were deeply interested in news about the virus and these kinds of guidelines. Though I'm sure some were able to ignore it all, it now strikes me as a bit surprising they chose that time to go off camping together and be out of contact with the world for days.

<modsnip>

What springs to my mind now and again for a more plausible explanation is horizontal mine shafts. Been thinking about these since I think it was Ramjet that mentioned them being in the area in the first thread.

Since Russell actually built some of the roads in the area then he would perhaps know where some mine shafts are that no one else does...

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

What springs to my mind now and again for a more plausible explanation is horizontal mine shafts. Been thinking about these since I think it was Ramjet that mentioned them being in the area in the first thread.

Since Russell actually built some of the roads in the area then he would perhaps know where some mine shafts are that no one else does...
Hiding in them? . . . lost in them? . . . or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB