Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'm surprised the verdicts weren't the other way around.

I know I ruffled some feathers with my recent arguments but if the jury was convinced of a murder I'm happy that justice was served. To convict a double murder is a heavy task and I would want to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt and I just didn't feel I had been. Kudos to the jury I hope they get a well deserved rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is unusual for a random shot to hit someone hiding from the line of fire. It is even more unusual for a ricocheted solid shot to hit someone in the head, killing them instantly. We contacted a respected mathematician asking for a calculation of the odds. He said the variables made it impossible to be accurate, but it was “wildly improbable”.

A feature story on four missing persons in the “high country” including Neils Becker (for anyone interested):

Missing in high country

From the above link:
"The previous night, Mr McDermott had heard the disturbing sound of hundreds of rounds of high-powered gunfire (BBM) less than 300m from his home."

What would "hundreds of rounds of high-powered gunfire" do to a human body? Caution - gory.

I imagine it would completely obliterate the body, with nothing left with which to determine the identity of the body.
After a relatively short time, scavenger animals would remove anything else (except ammunition evidence).

JMO

I know I ruffled some feathers with my recent arguments but if the jury was convinced of a murder I'm happy that justice was served. To convict a double murder is a heavy task and I would want to be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt and I just didn't feel I had been. Kudos to the jury I hope they get a well deserved rest.

I am happy to hear that you are settled with the verdict. It was probably the most reasonable outcome, considering there was no real way to analyse Russell's death ... due to all of the destroyed evidence.

It is important to remember, though, 'beyond a shadow of a doubt' is not the legal requirement.

Has anyone been able to ascertain a time frame of when Lynn first repainted his vehicle from white to dark blue?

Edited to update

Sometime between 2016 and 2019 was when the vehicle changed from white to dark blue.

In 2014, a google image search of Mr Lynn's address showed a white car in his driveway.
In 2019, it was blue
In 2020 it's beige. A registration check on the VicRoads website has the beige car registered as a 1997 White Nissan.

I don’t even know what to say..

This man is a piece of work

Nice try with the mask to hide the signs of lying your mouth would be showing lol you quickly put that back up after a big gulp of water didn’t you GL?

For a second there though you’d forgotten about the decision making pathway to always have your lower face covered

Or am I just cynical?

Edit: I’m so sorry for what RH & CC met with, I strongly suspect their last hours were like something out of a horror movie - fearful & terrifying.

My deepest condolences to the families of the victims.

In 2014, a google image search of Mr Lynn's address showed a white car in his driveway.
In 2019, it was blue
In 2020 it's beige. A registration check on the VicRoads website has the beige car registered as a 1997 White Nissan.

1719561123203.jpeg1719561147345.jpeg
“Some time after the disappearances, Lynn sold the trailer he used on bushland trips and sprayed his blue Nissan Patrol beige. When it was originally registered it was white.”

Again with this video, this GL is something else

“Not saying I went through this on paper … this is just the way I think. And then I had a list of tasks to do, and I set myself about doing it..”

Did you write your list of tasks to do on paper GL?

Couldn’t have right? I mean you just said you didn’t go through this on paper..

Does anyone else think this is a giveaway?

Granted he could have used an app or a Magna-doodle but the way the two sentences contradict each other is interesting.

Again with this video, this GL is something else

“Not saying I went through this on paper … this is just the way I think. And then I had a list of tasks to do, and I set myself about doing it..”

Did you write your list of tasks to do on paper GL?

Couldn’t have right? I mean you just said you didn’t go through this on paper..

Does anyone else think this is a giveaway?

Granted he could have used an app or a Magna-doodle but the way the two sentences contradict each other is interesting.
I think he means a mental list, like it just rose up and told him all the things he had to do. But, if he's never done this before, and didn't plan it . . . remarkable.

I think he means a mental list, like it just rose up and told him all the things he had to do. But, if he's never done this before, and didn't plan it . . . remarkable.
I hear you. It’s just the way he uses that paper, it’s unnerving because I can see him doing exactly that to prepare his version of events.

The obvious lie (in the third video) was when he told the officers that there was nothing to be found at the place where he burned Russell's and Carol's remains. That they could have a look. There was nothing there.

Neglecting to tell the officer that he had scooped up the 1,200 bone fragments, teeth, and burned wristwatch, and deposited them in the root ball hole of the fallen tree.

He must have still had a niggling fear that there was something (forensic) among those fragments that could point to murder. imo

Re: 'Do you have a piece of paper?': How GL 'explained' camper deaths to police
Thanks @Lemony, @OwlHeart, @JLZ & @SouthAussie, for the analysis!
I could not listen to the lying *advertiser censored*hole after the first recording.

I don't know who it was that posted the flying website, & him being discussed on it - but one very bright spark suggested there might be a Vic prison located underneath a busy flightpath - IF that is true - I'm hoping lying-killer-scum resides there & spends the rest of his days listening to his life flying past him.

MOO

Haven't followed this case closely but keeping an eye on the news and loosely the thread.
Not sure what I expected from his pictures but was quite suprised at how well spoken Greg Lynn is.

I mean I did judge him harshly when he first came to light that I couldn't believe he was a jetstar pilot. :D Not that you expect Tom Cruise but ...they ususally have swag.:cool: (even jetstar!!)

He just seems so.....undashing/ unprofessional lol.
So it brings me to I was surprised then to hear his voice, because without a visual I could assume he was a professional person.

Such a senseless crime for everybody involved. :(

Yep, we were only recently out of lockdown and masks were still mandatory inside pretty much everywhere. Some info here from October 2021

It was apparent (in the videos) how poorly he was wearing the mask. Under his nose and barely covering his top lip. A token gesture because it was a requirement. imo

Re: 'Do you have a piece of paper?': How GL 'explained' camper deaths to police
Thanks @Lemony, @OwlHeart, @JLZ & @SouthAussie, for the analysis!
I could not listen to the lying *advertiser censored*hole after the first recording.

I don't know who it was that posted the flying website, & him being discussed on it - but one very bright spark suggested there might be a Vic prison located underneath a busy flightpath - IF that is true - I'm hoping lying-killer-scum resides there & spends the rest of his days listening to his life flying past him.

MOO

@emirates1957 is our aviation industry member who introduced us to pprune.org

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm